Very few women are emotionally damaged by, or regret having abortions.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The authors work at the Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health, which has a vested interest in marginalizing the consequences of abortion. It's hardly an unbiased study.

Anecdotal, for sure, but every woman I have ever talked to who has had an abortion, and chose to talk about it, has regretted having it. Even the ones who say having the abortion was probably the right decision at the time.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The authors work at the Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health, which has a vested interest in marginalizing the consequences of abortion. It's hardly an unbiased study.

Anecdotal, for sure, but every woman I have ever talked to who has had an abortion, and chose to talk about it, has regretted having it. Even the ones who say having the abortion was probably the right decision at the time.

I have no doubt a woman has that nagging regret in the back of their mind, its not a cut and dry decision...nor one I would want to make..... BUT overall it was the right thing to do for that person at that particular time...

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic

My anecdotal evidence is completely different than yours, with no one having regrets. Most already had children.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Well my mind is at ease now that the males in here have solved this question for you women. It is really amazing ....problem solved...and may God help us one in all....Merry Christmas everyone. Hi ho, hi ho,,,,,,,

Reactions: aquitted

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Well my mind is at ease now that the males in here have solved this question for you women. It is really amazing ....problem solved...and may God help us one in all....Merry Christmas everyone. Hi ho, hi ho,,,,,,,
God has no interest in this dilemma.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Why would the Bixby Center have a "vested interest in marginalizing the consequences of abortion"? They also work to improve maternal health, so it's not just a pro abortion ideology on their part. And one important fact: abortion, like rape, is a subject on which women feel a great deal of negative societal pressure, so they're going to feel some negative emotions just from that alone.
Also anecdotal, but more of it: every woman I've heard discuss her own abortion did not regret it. Some regretted the need for it, but none felt it was the wrong choice.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Why would the Bixby Center have a "vested interest in marginalizing the consequences of abortion"?
The same reason the FMCSA medical board has a vested interest in having truck drivers undergo sleep testing, that's the business they are in. The Bixby Center's bread and butter is contraception and abortion. They're funded to do both, and the more they can do the more funding they get.

Reactions: skyraider

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The same reason the FMCSA medical board has a vested interest in having truck drivers undergo sleep testing, that's the business they are in. The Bixby Center's bread and butter is contraception and abortion. They're funded to do both, and the more they can do the more funding they get.

They're also funded to care for maternal health [all over the world, not just in the US], and abortion takes away from that. What they are doing is total women's health, and contraception and abortion and maternal care are all components, each being appropriate at different times - often for the same woman.
The negative social pressure around abortion plays a very large part in whatever negative feelings women have. Just walking into a clinic where abortion is performed results in intimidation by anti abortion protesters. Many have live feed web cams set up, so everyone can see every woman who walks inside! Any one who doesn't have negative feelings after that isn't human. The protesters intend to cause shame, and the women are vulnerable, which makes negative feelings inevitable.
That they proceed in spite of the many roadblocks [waiting periods, 'consultation', ultrasounds with required narration, harassment by protesters - er, "sidewalk counselors", as they call themselves] says they are determined to do what they believe is the right thing. And those who say otherwise truly don't know what they're talking about.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The FMCSA medical board also has an interest in the many other health aspects of the American trucker. But that in no way diminishes or dismisses their vested interested in sleep studies. The same holds true for the Bixby Center.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
in spite of the many roadblocks [waiting periods

Why is it a few days waiting period is a roadblock for ending a life but to the same people a sensible measure when buying a firearm to protect a life? Carol Bowne might disagree if she only could.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
doesn't it a few days to secure the person buying the firearms is ok to do so...criminal check and all?...Just asking Leo.....

and I agree with a cooling off period to an abortion decision as well....that it is not made in haste...
in Canada there is a waiting period in a marriage license I think it is like 5 days from issue before it will be valid...as in a divorce a waiting period called a degree Nisi....before it is final....

Unclebob

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why didn't she have pepper spray?
Maybe a telescoping baton?
There are multiple options available.
Those items might or might not have saved her life. Just the same as owning a gun might or might not have saved her life.
No way you can realistically blame her death on not having a gun. But I'm sure you will anyhow.