UPS to Offer New Service

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Government should NEVER try to compete with the private sector. Just MORE proof that the government is taking over. How VILE is this? Time to write my congressman again, what little good that would do. NO use writing my MARXIST senators.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
UPS is United Parcel Service.

USPS is United States Postal Service.

These loads, on the ground in the US may very well be hauled by Fedex and Panther.

I can think of a few UPS facilities where we pick up, then deliver, this type of freight.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Yes...it is United Parcel Service. And yes, both the Fed and Panther haul reefer loads for them. Not really a new service as this has been going on for quite a few years actually.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OOPS! Misread it! Back to our normal programming.

dunce-cap.jpg
:p

Monty

Expert Expediter
At last years Expo, there was a vendor demonstrating a temp controlled container that could be used by any carrier to provide such a service.

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
The information that both Fed Ex and Panther, haul these loads for UPS , got me wondering, who else might haul these loads? I am going to assume that both Fed Ex and Panther, can offer proof/certification, that their equipment and drivers meets certain standards.

jimmy

Last edited:

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
If Fed Ex and Panther are hauling UPS loads, I wonder how many ways the paycheck is split, before it reaches The owner-operator hauling the load?

jimmy

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
I am hauling this freight with FEDEX Supply Chain. I have seen some White Glove and Panther Elite trucks at some of my stops. And I have picked up at UPS also.
I drive regional, and have weekends off.