ups expedite

Kevin_Sue

Seasoned Expediter
UPS is advertising for straight truck for their expedite division. Does anyone know anything about UPS expedite

ihamner

Expert Expediter
If UPS truly wants some expediting trucks they need to develop a decent color for the expediters. Who wants to drive an ugly brown expedite truck and wear brown uniforms all the time? I promise you the team wives will rebel! We refuse to wear brown and look at a brown truck EVERY single day!!

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
The best way to face life’s
changes is to look to the unchanging God.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
the problem i've seen with ups expedite is the fact that they aren't taking on trucks from all over the country. they might be willing to take a couple on out of atlanta this week and if you live close to memphis it might be a few months before they are willing to put you on. so what do you do in the mean time? that just what i've understood jrbears to say on the recruiters forum.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When they first showed up here I called them got a Recording left my Info...They never called back to say sure or sorry. to me a sad way to do business.

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones
Home is Wherever you Park.
The Price of Freedom is Written on the Wall.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I'm sure UPS could care less about your color coordination preferences. When you type "we" will rebel, must mean you are the spokeswoman for the expediter wives?? Or, did you mean "I"???

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Col, I'm sure you're correct, in that UPS doesn't care, but India's right too: brown is an ugly, depressing color to be surrounded by all the time. UPS may be huge, and successful, and a great company to work for, but they look dull, drab, and cheerless.
Color is a mood influencer, and before you start scoffing, think about how soothing colors are used in hospital rooms, bright colors for toddlers, somber colors for funerals, etc. - it does have an effect on people, whether they're concious of it or not. I know I wouldn't enjoy being surrounded by brown, most of the time.
As for the Expedite division, I understand that the plan is to add trucks and vans when and where the business demands - John posted a need for a cargo van in or near Cinncinnatti, not too long ago.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Well, it's true that their package express trucks are brown, but if you see the Supply Chain / Cartage Services trucks around (the old Menlo trucks) they are still white with only the gold and brown logo on the box near the back. Just makes things simple.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
>mrgoodtude u must be bored to sitting here eating rasin
>bran and watching Pink Cadillac r u still expediting
Yeah Greg still lurking about and working on my first million
Mike:'(

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Sorry if I offended you, Col, with my comments. If you only knew me, you'd know, I have never been a spokesperson for any group. I don't believe one person can speak for a group anyway. Guess I should just let you do all the comments on the site and I'll sit back and read. Didn't realize I had to be so careful with my statements. I was actually trying to keep some humor on the topic. Obviously my humor is offensive to you. Sorry! I'll just sit back and read once in a while. ih

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
The best way to face life’s
changes is to look to the unchanging God.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Can't do brown perhaps a nice chartreuse or vermilion..
I look fabulous in a pair of boy shorts and a halter..
Mike:+
PS cheer up and don't let someones bad day ruin yours

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
We were thinking about putting one of our straight trucks on with UPS in NY and have called and left them a couple of messages. So far, they haven't bothered to me back. I'm definately not too impressed with them.

I have to agree with Hammer: as a woman, I sure wouldn't want to wear an ugly brown uniform every day. Brown is not a very becoming color, especially if you have to wear it from head to toe every day. As short as I am, I'd be afraid that someone might mistake me as a package or something.:+

lanier1

Seasoned Expediter
I wouldn't let x06's comments bother you ih. I'm sure you took it with a grain of salt like everyone else does. His opinion may have been respected at one time... Bless his heart... I will say at least he is consistant in his nastiness.

Deville

Not a Member
I spoke with JBRS bear in late September, early October, they are very over whelmed & understaffed, Im in the NYC area & he indicated that they have no need for trucks out here right now, they use Menlo or contract there heavy work out.
They had the needs for vans, but the pay was a JOKE!

But they are new & hopefully the demand will increase, JBRS seemed like a very nice guy.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Wouldn't you think that if they were so overwelmed that they would call on the parent company and get more resources. we are not talking about a small company but the largest revenue producing transportaion company in the world.