Unemployment OVER 10% in the real USA

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Gallup says the government's numbers will be in the 9.6% to 9.8% range (due to the government's cutoff date of mid-September rather than to the end of the month). But if that's true, and the government's numbers come out as being in the 9.6% to 9.8% range, does that mean that Obama and his minions have gotten to Gallup and we shouldn't believe either of them?

The numbers released by the government was 9.6%, BTW.

One interesting happening is the Stimulus Package, by all accounts, went to protect mostly government jobs more than anything else. The high unemployment has slashed deeply into state tax revenues, forcing deep cuts in 2011 budgets. So far, some 46 states have cut spending by $125 billion, or about 19 percent of their budgets overall. Looking ahead, 39 states are projecting budget gaps of $112 billion for the following year. When all states have weighed in, that's expected to hit $140 billion.

The U.S. economy is growing, albeit slowly. But job creation is even slower and not helping the nearly 15 million Americans sidelined by the worst recession since the 1930s. Private businesses added 64,000 jobs. That's not even enough to keep up with the roughly 100,000 people who typically enter the work force every month.

But while private businesses were hiring, sort of, public agencies were firing like crazy. Some 159,000 jobs were cut by federal state and local governments. As expected, the biggest losses, about half, came from temporary Census jobs. Local governments shed 76,000 jobs from their payrolls. Of those, roughly 50,000 jobs were cut from local schools.

So much for the Stimulus saving or creating even the government jobs.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's interesting that most of the few supporters he had show up far less frequently than they did during the campaign and shortly after the election. He's the same useless worthless liar but they don't show up to defend him as much.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
We are currently losing jobs at a quarter of the job loss rate of clueless w's entire last term. Wake up Leo, for God's sake man you were there.He slit the jugular,the patiant almost died,but gues what: we were saved by a miracle.
I shall never forget the face of that idiot friend of Wall Steet and w's finance henchman from the Olympics while we were in a death spiral.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
We are currently losing jobs at a quarter of the job loss rate of clueless w's entire last term. Wake up Leo, for God's sake man you were there.He slit the jugular,the patiant almost died,but gues what: we were saved by a miracle.
I shall never forget the face of that idiot friend of Wall Steet and w's finance henchman from the Olympics while we were in a death spiral.

Hey Andy, great to see you back.

Well this all happened with a democratic congress, as much as I don't really like Obama, he has zero control over a lot of things as did bush and this issue is blamed on the present congress which you know exactly what I am saying.

ALSO did you catch Robert Reich's editorial about the dollar, pretty d*mning stuff there about this miracle which I am still want to see. His point, which you must have read is if we continue to sacrifice the dollar for jobs (**** READ meaning producing more debt ****), then we are SOL with the country. It is funny reading something that a conservative would write, he's such a great Keynesian type of short guy there but the real funny part is he isn't falling for the "we must spend now and kill the dollar to save the country" BS.

Speaking about really ****ing funny stuff, I wonder if you were told that wall street has made BILLIONS with this present administration (they did!), I think they made more with Obama in these last two years than they made in ALL of 8 under bush. It looks like Obama didn't fulfill the promise of "cleaning up Wall Street because Main Street is suffering" because who is helping him with all these other things, like GM? Sure isn't the idiots* at the unions - they can't count that high!

*not union members but officials.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
we were saved by a miracle.
Oh, Lord.

Oh Obama, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Obama, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

Oh Obama, won't you buy me a color TV ?
Dialing For Dollars is trying to find me.
I wait for delivery each day until three,
So Obama, won't you buy me a color TV ?

Oh Obama, won't you buy me a night on the town ?
I'm counting on you, Lord, please don't let me down.
Prove that you love me and buy the next round,
Oh Obama, won't you buy me a night on the town ?

Everybody!
Oh Obama, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?
My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends,
Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends,
So Obama, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?

That's it!
Sorry Janice. :D

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good old Cal, even more full of koolaid than usual.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I always thought that the unemployment system was considered an entitlement because many are told that they paid into it and it is insurance. Well we the workers don't seem to pay a dime into it and it is not insurance.

The other thing I keep hearing is the "official" unemployment numbers are the U3 numbers but for the last three days I have heard economist over at the U (of M - that great Football team place **cough**) say the only numbers we need to worry about is that magical U6 number which is at 17.1% for the month of September. This is important because it shows a bigger and more accurate picture than the unemployment benefits number U3.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I always thought that the unemployment system was considered an entitlement because many are told that they paid into it and it is insurance. Well we the workers don't seem to pay a dime into it and it is not insurance.

The other thing I keep hearing is the "official" unemployment numbers are the U3 numbers but for the last three days I have heard economist over at the U (of M - that great Football team place **cough**) say the only numbers we need to worry about is that magical U6 number which is at 17.1% for the month of September. This is important because it shows a bigger and more accurate picture than the unemployment benefits number U3.

Wow...totally funded by the states...except for 3 that require minimum employee contributions...

In Canada it is a 50/50 split between employee and employer...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Then why is the feds providing funding to the programs that the states should be able to fund themselves?

It is like watching the candidates for Governor of our state talk about the issues. We have Rick Synder who ran Gateway who says we need jobs and then we have Verge Benaro who is the mayor of Lansing who says Synder made millions and outsourced jobs.

You understand the point?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Then why is the feds providing funding to the programs that the states should be able to fund themselves?

It is like watching the candidates for Governor of our state talk about the issues. We have Rick Synder who ran Gateway who says we need jobs and then we have Verge Benaro who is the mayor of Lansing who says Synder made millions and outsourced jobs.

You understand the point?

The Feds should NOT be providing the funding...That makes it a true entitlement/welfare program...

I understand the point....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Janice might have had a LOT of soul, but NO voice!! She sounded like she had spent a LOT of time drinking battery acid!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Janice might have had a LOT of soul, but NO voice!! She sounded like she had spent a LOT of time drinking battery acid!!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Janice who?

Oh that girl in that movie, her and that Brad dude were funny, the best film Sarandon has ever made.