Udate on stupid mistake.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
This story is a sad one. I can offer a solution to the direct deposit problem. Been there done that, not in expediting but in another business. Open an account at the bank where the fleet owner does business, at the same branch if possible. Nearly every bank in america now offers internet access to their accounts for tranfers, bill payment, etc. The truck owner can then, with the click of a mouse or the stroke of few keys, deposit your pay into your account as soon as it has posted from the carrier into his or her account. These kind of transfers usually post right away. Be aware of when the carrier pays out their settlements. If the truck owner gives you any sort of hesitation whatsoever, you know it is BS. This is the 21 Century. These issues only arise in this day and age when someone is not forthcoming...this can help you hold their feet to the fire.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
This story is a sad one. I can offer a solution to the direct deposit problem. Been there done that, not in expediting but in another business. Open an account at the bank where the fleet owner does business, at the same branch if possible. Nearly every bank in america now offers internet access to their accounts for tranfers, bill payment, etc. The truck owner can then, with the click of a mouse or the stroke of few keys, deposit your pay into your account as soon as it has posted from the carrier into his or her account. These kind of transfers usually post right away. Be aware of when the carrier pays out their settlements. If the truck owner gives you any sort of hesitation whatsoever, you know it is BS. This is the 21 Century. These issues only arise in this day and age when someone is not forthcoming...this can help you hold their feet to the fire.

You'd be suprised tho.....how many DO refuse to open an account in the same bank. Too much bother for them. Can't let the Carrier help them it seems.

hwteam

Seasoned Expediter
We have been burned also. This guy currently has an Ad on here. The team after us was burned too. So If anyone one responds to an ad form Clintonwood Va beware.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Not sure that Yesteryear has the same person.I think she said somewhere that her truck owner was from Michigan and a E1 carrier?

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
not that hard to read,punctuation doesnt matter that much

Those long paragraphs that should be a few paragraphs with not so much as a period at the end of a sentence? It can be read, but if someone is so lacking in common courtesy to post like that, why bother?

I beg to differ, it does matter. If nothing else, just a period at the end of a sentence is huge.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
We have been burned also. This guy currently has an Ad on here. The team after us was burned too. So If anyone one responds to an ad form Clintonwood Va beware.

No, never drove for anyone from VA. But will definitely watch out for that one. Not naming anyone or where they are from. Want to give them the benefit of doubt that they will make good on what they still owe us. :)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, never drove for anyone from VA. But will definitely watch out for that one. Not naming anyone or where they are from. Want to give them the benefit of doubt that they will make good on what they still owe us. :)

I think you have been patient enough. You have been lied to several times. It"s time too play hard ball. Name Names! :mad:

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
Does he live in Warren,MI.? Wolfpack trucking? Driver beware,E-1 WILL NOT GET INVOLVED,with owners who don't pay!!!!!!!!!!

ftp000

Expert Expediter
Does he live in Warren,MI.? Wolfpack trucking? Driver beware,E-1 WILL NOT GET INVOLVED,with owners who don't pay!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in this boat right now, he paid while we drove because I stayed on his case constantly, but he kept 3 weeks pay back from the start so when we quit he stopped answering his phone.

Last edited:

ftp000

Expert Expediter
So not being paid for three weeks?

What's the contract say?

everybody on this board loves to jump as fast as they can onto anybody getting screwed, hollering "contract" this and "lawyer" that. While it is true that it is always a good idea to have those things, it's not always practical nor does it seem necassary in every curcumstance. For instance we ended up in the employ of the aforementioned thief after being matched to him by an E-1 recruiter, we really thought if the recruiter said he was alright he must be. (I honestly don't think the recruiter knew he was a crook)
Also, contract or no contract, in court, small claims or otherwise you have to prove what you are owed and if you win the owner will have a judgement against them, if they don't pay you, they'll still just have a judgement against them, do you think that will stop them from robbing the next driver? Do you doubt the guy we are talking about doesn't already have one or two against him?
Verbal contracts are still binding, they are just harder to prove, you'd need a history of past payments to establish an agreed upon amount, and proof of work done that went unpaid, I have those things and more and intend to use them, but in the end he'll spend my 2600 bucks and have another judgement against him, big deal.

(in mich you can file a small claim up to 3000 dollars for 65 dollars, I'll bet ya it goes uncontested)

Last edited: