Two NYPD Officers Dead After Execution-Style Ambush

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Anybody who didn't see this coming?? I hope Al Sharpton especially is proud of his efforts. The repercussions of this could snowball into something very tragic for our society, especially if we see copycat attempts by other criminal activists in places like St. Louis, Cleveland, etc. The police have almost no choice but to further militarize themselves to protect their lives, to say nothing of law and order.

NEW YORK (RNN) - Two New York Police Department officers died Saturday after the shooter conducted an ambush-style attack and then turned a gun on himself, a law enforcement official said.
Both officers were sitting in their patrol car in the Bedford-Stuyvesant area of the city when attacked. They were rushed to the hospital in critical condition, and both died later.
The NYPD official said both officers were shot in the upper body. The New York Times reported the last officer in the city shot and killed in the line of duty was in 2011.
The gunman escaped the scene and died from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
Nationwide, there have been protests over police brutality and outrage at the decisions not to levy charges against police officers in separate incidents involving the deaths of black men. At times, some protests have become violent and targeted law enforcement officials.

2 NYPD officers die after shooting ambush - KPLC 7 News, Lake Charles, Louisiana

One additional thought: it will be interesting to see how the MSM portrays the character of the killer once his identity and personal history become known.

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
More info on the shooter. I've taken the liberty of deleting his name:
The 28-year-old shooter, identified by police as **** from Baltimore, shot his girlfriend on Saturday morning before targeting the cops in Brooklyn then turning the gun on himself, sources told DailyMail.com.

According to witnesses, **** walked out of his home with a gun in his hand at 3pm, crept up behind a patrol car, and systematically shot both men in the head - then walked to a subway station and shot himself.

It came two hours after he posted a picture of a gun on Instagram with the chilling message: 'I'm Putting Wings On Pigs Today.
'They Take 1 Of Ours... Let's Take 2 of Theirs #ShootThePolice #RIPErivGardner (sic) #RIPMikeBrown.

'This May Be My Final Post. I'm Putting Pigs In A Blanket.'
The victims were taken to Woodhull Hospital after the attack, but authorities later said they had died.

Two New York police officers shot in Brooklyn* | Daily Mail Online

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Perhaps an even better question, what will the joke in chief say about all this. How will he minimize it and apologize to the perpetrator and his ilk.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yep. It's hardly shocking that it happened, and it won't be shocking when it happens again. When people see decades of police brutality in general, and case after case of cops not even being indicted for killing unarmed black people, the scales of justice reach a tipping point. It's unfortunate and tragic that good cops are going to get caught in the crossfire, because they're reaping what others have sown. And if the police even further militarize themselves, the consequences of that won't be pretty at all. They're simply outgunned, which is the very reason for the Second Amendment in the first place. Instead, the police need to stop doing what they're doing, cause it ain't working.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
This could have been much worse for all cops if the assailant had not killed himself and saved a lot of grief for the fine nypd although they now have to mourn the loss of their brothers it's better off that he killed himself , and from the story's told he murdered his gf also , this guy was sick and unfortunately got the idea all cops are bad and should be murdered in cold blood lets hope this stops soon !!!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I'm not sure current events play into this. The guy is a nut case. Could have happened several years ago and no one would bat and eye. Cops ambushed in the line of duty is nothing new. Look at the shooter in PA and then hid in the woods for a month. All before the Ferguson madness.
I wouldn't read any more into it than that. Just another nut case.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm not sure current events play into this. The guy is a nut case. Could have happened several years ago and no one would bat and eye. Cops ambushed in the line of duty is nothing new. Look at the shooter in PA and then hid in the woods for a month. All before the Ferguson madness.
I wouldn't read any more into it than that. Just another nut case.

Yes, cops being ambushed is nothing new.
Yes, he is a nut case.
Yes, current events played into this. His social media postings indicate that.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The shooter, Ismaaiyl Brinsley, wrote on an Instagram account: "I'm putting wings on pigs today. They take 1 of ours, let's take 2 of theirs," officials said. He used the hashtags #Shootthepolice, #RIPErivGardner, #RIPMikeBrown.

Incidentally, this is the kind of thing that tick people off. Cops arrest a 16 and a 12 year old, both black, despite the victim saying that those weren't the guys who hit him. While the 16 year old was being handcuffed, and was pinned up against the hood of the car, a white plainclothes officer ran up an sucker punched the kid in the kidneys. The cops wouldn't even tell the two what they were charged with as they hauled them off to jail. Assault charges were later dropped. That was the end of it as far as the police were concerned.

Then, 2 days later, someone posted a video of the incident to YouTube and suddenly the police are in damage control, saying there will be an investigation and the plainclothes cop is suspended on administrative leave. If it weren't for the video it's just another day in paradise for black folks. People are getting tired of it.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I stand corrected. Well maybe not. Still a nut case. I think if it was just the cop thing, he wouldn't have shot his girlfriend first. The cops seem more like an after thought.

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Maybe it was the girlfriend who was an afterthought, "WTH, if I'm gonna die today...":confused:
I bet the cops don't much care for those who don't look beyond the uniform, and think "they're all alike".
I wonder what the percentage of excessively violent/intolerant cops really is? Whatever, I'm pretty sure that the practice of giving them military/tactical/assault gear only makes the problem worse.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Cops who work the streets in American cities face an onslaught of violence and ugliness most cannot imagine nor endure. Society delegates to police officers the thankless tasks pampered civilians shy away from. Many who boldly ridicule and demean our law enforcement officers will not hesitate to call 9-1-1 screaming for police protection the instant they perceive a threat to themselves or a loved one. In the thousands of daily interactions between police and citizens, a few encounters will go wrong while the vast majority are handled professionally. If we didn't have cops to act on our behalf, society would quickly revert to tribalism for self-preservation. Law enforcement, as a whole, is owed deference and respect, and mostly, our appreciation.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
By the same token, it is that same deference, respect and appreciation that allows prosecutors and grand juries to give cops the overwhelming benefit of the doubt in cases where such benefit is not warranted or deserved. And when encounters are handled unprofessionally, and otherwise good cops stand by in silence, or worse, actually try and defend the unprofessional as being professional, that's when deference and respect, and mostly our appreciation becomes eroded beyond repair. People don'r respect the cops, cops take umbrage to that and clamp down even harder to show people who's boss, and it becomes a vicious circle feeding on itself.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
911 responses in certain areas of certain cities in the country is gonna get real slow.
Wouldn't it be ironic if Sharpton made a 911 call and no one showed up!

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Officer Down Memorial Page (ODMP) 5 this month and the beat goes on and on and on...... but all is well here in Cookeville tn, not many nut cases here, nice college town, folks usually here do not hate the police department, we do not burn down our town, we do not break glass out of windows, the court house is in the middle of town, and fishing and hunting here is a big deal. Folks still say Merry Christmas----imagine that.

The geese are here circling during the day, the mallards are on the pond, and the horses are grazing in the field next door and I'm having coffee; hope you all will have a peaceful Sunday somewhere.

Last edited:

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Boy am I getting PO'D! Tired of all this politically correct BS. Finally some are coming out and telling it like it is.
Where is Barry, Holder and Sharpton now. Oh wait, I know. They are out looking for the perp that robbed Emanuel's son! What about the other 17 robberys that happened in that neighborhood in less than 30 days?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Boy am I getting PO'D! Tired of all this politically correct BS. Finally some are coming out and telling it like it is.
When you say telling it like it is, do you mean someone is actually saying that people, blacks especially, are fed up with it being "open season on black people" and that a cop's badge is the equivalent of a hunting license? Because that's how it is. Everything else is just political spin on a situation that's not even political.

Louisville's Ferguson Moment

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
These events only feed the need for police to militarize even more than they already are. No easy solution. Police in general will go where the crime is the highest so engagement in a lot of difficult neighborhoods will continue.
With that said, I actually agree with Obama ( I know that is frightening) to start putting cameras on cops to slow this stuff down. Certainly not a absolute as we seen that wouldn't have made a difference in the Garner case, but I think it would slow some of the distrust. Just about the only solution I see that may help.