Two NYPD Officers Dead After Execution-Style Ambush

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't know about feeding the "need," but it certainly feeds the "want" and "desire."

One possible solution is in the Louisville video above.

The police changed their behavior, "They don't kill no more, they just stop."

Yolo

Not a Member
RIP to the falling police officers, and the young lady killed. I'm just curious, every time something like this happens, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Martin Luther King Jr, Malcolm X, Barack Obama name's take a beating. "Race baiters" are what they are called, I've never heard the white "race baiters" names brought up for anything. Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'reilly, Opie & Anthony. These name's never get mentioned, it's pretty clear cut why those names are never mentioned. I'm just curious to know. If I get into a segment of trucking will I be bashed this hard because the color of my skin?

Because I don't care what anyone says, I'm not a bigot at all!

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
When you say telling it like it is, do you mean someone is actually saying that people, blacks especially, are fed up with it being "open season on black people" and that a cop's badge is the equivalent of a hunting license? Because that's how it is. Everything else is just political spin on a situation that's not even political.

Louisville's Ferguson Moment

Well, that's not how it is.

Here's the facts:
1. 92% of black of black murders are committed by other bkacks.

2. Low income areas, all ethnicities, have higher crime rates.

3. As violent crimes increase in these areas, proactive police departments shift resources to those areas.
a. As was the case in NYC. Those officers, from another precinct, was assigned to that area as the crime had increased.

4. When police departments aren't proactive, the hood starts demanding more presence.

5. Less than 1% of black murders was committed by police officers.

Ferguson:

1. Witnesses lied to the grand jury.
In fact, one wasn't even there.

2. He didn't have his hands up.

3. He assault the police officer.

4. He was a possible suspect in a assault and shoplifting case.

NYC

1. He was resisting arrest....

Perhaps they should have used batons or tasers to subdue the 280 lb 6' plus male.

Why aren't all the almighty preaching about the 92% issue. A black child stands a way greater chance of being killed by another black that by a cop. I'll tell why, there's ni money or headlines it. That would also me they would have accept responsibility for the their own lack of action in the past. It sure is easier to blame someone else.

Last edited:

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
RIP to the falling police officers, and the young lady killed. I'm just curious, every time something like this happens, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Martin Luther King Jr, Malcolm X, Barack Obama name's take a beating. "Race baiters" are what they are called, I've never heard the white "race baiters" names brought up for anything. Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'reilly, Opie & Anthony. These name's never get mentioned, it's pretty clear cut why those names are never mentioned. I'm just curious to know. If I get into a segment of trucking will I be bashed this hard because the color of my skin?

Because I don't care what anyone says, I'm not a bigot at all!

You may not get bashed for the color of your skin but for what you represent.
To a crook, your color is green. Money green. Whether to steal your cargo, cause an accident because they know we have high limits of liability or to just flat out rob you because you make soooo much money.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
I know, lets try this. The next time one of us gets pulled over by a cop, refuse to give him your drivers license and proof of insurance.
Anybody wanna bet on the outcome of that scenario? He'll probably just say.. oh ok, never mind. Have a good day.

Yolo

Not a Member
Who the hell is talking about crooks? I'm asking for example, if I'm a trucker, obtained my CDL, background check complete and passed, dtug test complete and passed. I'm sitting at a truck stop whether I'm an expediter or a long haul driver, will I be put into the same category as a killer, robber, rapist, etc? For the color of my skin? I'm not trolling at all, this is a legitimate worry.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Who the hell is talking about crooks? I'm asking for example, if I'm a trucker, obtained my CDL, background check complete and passed, dtug test complete and passed. I'm sitting at a truck stop whether I'm an expediter or a long haul driver, will I be put into the same category as a killer, robber, rapist, etc? For the color of my skin? I'm not trolling at all, this is a legitimate worry.

First off, you didn't say who the hell you were talking about.

But...

There's a good possibility that could happen. Amber alerts come out of truck stops sometimes.

Other than that, are you talking about how other truckers are going to perceive you or about cops.

If your talking about cops, at a truckstop not much to worry about. On the road a different story. Would it be because of the color of your skin? I don't think so. I think it would have to do more with trying to get you for DOT violations. Carrier CSA scores and your driving at that point in time is going to have a lot more to do with that than anyone's skin color.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, that's not how it is.
Actually it is. Whether their fed up-ness is justified or not doesn't matter, the reality is they're fed up, and that's why.

Why aren't all the almighty preaching about the 92% issue.
Because it's a diversion that has exactly zero to do with white cops killing unarmed black people over things that white people aren't killed over. Those who preach the 92% number, are they doing so as some kind of justification for cops killing unarmed black people, or are they saying the number of dead black people at the hands of cops just ain't a big enough number to fret about?

Watch the video above. An unarmed black man steals a pickup truck, police stop him and fired 22 bullets into him. Said it was self defense, they feared for their lives. Even though he was out of the truck when they shot him. They said it was because he could have gotten back into the truck and used it as a weapon. The officers were awarded medals of honor for their actions. Apparently, grand theft auto is (was) a capital offense in Louisville, and you don't even have to be burdened with a trial to be found guilty and sentenced. Murder unarmed black people, get an award. The 92% has nothing to do with that.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's the same in trucking as it is in any other facet of life. But as a trucker sitting at a truck stop, the likelihood of you (assuming you are black) being pegged as dangerous, a suspect in something or another, or up to no good, is lower than if you were walking down the street, because it's obvious you have a job and are working.

I don't see much racism at all at truck stops. On the CB, though, that's a different story. Don't even turn that on. The Road Rambos hiding behind a mic are worse than those hiding behind a keyboard.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I know, lets try this. The next time one of us gets pulled over by a cop, refuse to give him your drivers license and proof of insurance.
Anybody wanna bet on the outcome of that scenario? He'll probably just say.. oh ok, never mind. Have a good day.
He probably won't say never mind. If you're white you'll get arrested. If you're black you'll just get shot.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
He probably won't say never mind. If you're white you'll get arrested. If you're black you'll just get shot.

Well, if it's a black cop, and your black, you certainly got a 92% chance of that happening.

On the hand 86% of white homicides are done by whites. So there is a 86% chance I could get shot if it was a white cop.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When you say telling it like it is, do you mean someone is actually saying that people, blacks especially, are fed up with it being "open season on black people" and that a cop's badge is the equivalent of a hunting license? Because that's how it is...
That's kinda, sorta how it is - but if one wants to dig through the facts and the stats (which are admittedly incomplete) it's obvious that blacks and browns aren't nearly so oppressed and victimized by law enforcement as Al, Jessie, Obama and the usual race mongers would have us believe. (bold emphasis mine)
The facts about arrest-related deaths in America

The facts about “arrest-related deaths” in America
By M. W. Boitano
[email protected]
December 14 2014

(Amador county California) -- Like most places in America, crime is a big concern in Amador county and how to curtail it is a priority. So even in small town America the Michael Brown case has generated debate.

Here is a link to one of the original news stories that linked the Michael Brown case with the concept of “Exactly How Often Do Police Shoot Unarmed Black Men?

Exactly How Often Do Police Shoot Unarmed Black Men? | Mother Jones

A New York report is cited that they supposedly base most of their assumption, and one that grew like wildfire across the country, that there is rampant murder of innocent blacks by police in America;
http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/analysis_and_planning/nypd_annual_firearms_discharge_report_2011.pdf

Now, what “they” did not focus on for the public was that deep in that news report from Mother Jones is what appears to have really killed both Eric Gardner, Michael Brown and over 4,800 other people.

And maybe many times that number, since reliable statistics and analysis are difficult to come by. So, regardless of those person’s innocence or guilt, it is/was “death while under arrest” in America that appears to be the culprit. Not a wild shooting spree by rogue, bigoted cops as the propaganda yells at us daily.
Quoting the Mother Jones article that was one of the first to raised concerns this Summer;
“-- Between 2003 and 2009, the DOJ reported that 4,813 people died while in the process of arrest or in the custody of law enforcement. These include people who died before an officer physically placed him or her under custody or arrest.

This data, known as arrest-related deaths, doesn't reveal a significant discrepancy between whites, blacks, or Hispanics.
It also doesn't specify how many victims were unarmed. According to the FBI, which has tracked justifiable homicides up to 2012, 410 felons died at the hands of a law enforcement officer in the line of duty.* --”

This table of numbers means every day on average, two people “die in the process of arrest or in the custody of law enforcement” in America, regardless of color.

Since Michael Brown died in August, these DOJ numbers extrapolated mean almost 250 people may have died in America during the protest marches in Ferguson, New York, Berkeley and elsewhere.

In this small county alone, in about the last year or so, at least one person died at the state prison and one at the county jail. Those are the ones that were reported, and since litigation is ongoing with those cases the real totals are still unknown.

So, the facts indicate that there is a very real problem in America, regardless of color.

The facts about arrest-related deaths in America - www.amadorcountynews.org
For those who want to evaluate raw numbers:

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/ard0309st.pdf

One critical thing that I didn't see (or may have missed) is the number of deaths during arrest that occurred while the victim was resisting arrest. However it was noted that "Among arrest-related deaths attributed to homicide, 75% of decedents allegedly engaged in violent offenses (table 14)"

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Actually it is. Whether their fed up-ness is justified or not doesn't matter, the reality is they're fed up, and that's why.

Because it's a diversion that has exactly zero to do with white cops killing unarmed black people over things that white people aren't killed over. Those who preach the 92% number, are they doing so as some kind of justification for cops killing unarmed black people, or are they saying the number of dead black people at the hands of cops just ain't a big enough number to fret about?

Watch the video above. An unarmed black man steals a pickup truck, police stop him and fired 22 bullets into him. Said it was self defense, they feared for their lives. Even though he was out of the truck when they shot him. They said it was because he could have gotten back into the truck and used it as a weapon. The officers were awarded medals of honor for their actions. Apparently, grand theft auto is (was) a capital offense in Louisville, and you don't even have to be burdened with a trial to be found guilty and sentenced. Murder unarmed black people, get an award. The 92% has nothing to do with that.

Are you in denial? 92% to less that 1% killed by cops, incedently, that's all races of cops.

Maybe you should look at the video again of the cop getting shot at that returned fire and killed the gang member.

I would venture to say that most fleeing criminals are armed in someway.

There quite a few videos around of cops getting shot during routine traffic stops. Why isn't anybody talking about that. What was that number, 104 cops killed this year. But that's ok cause their armed.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, if it's a black cop, and your black, you certainly got a 92% chance of that happening.

On the hand 86% of white homicides are done by whites. So there is a 86% chance I could get shot if it was a white cop.
That's not how those stats work. Without realizing it, what you just said was, black cops shoot 92% of the black motorists they stop, and white cops shoot 86% of the white motorists that they stop.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
That's kinda, sorta how it is - but if one wants to dig through the facts and the stats (which are admittedly incomplete) it's obvious that blacks and browns aren't nearly so oppressed and victimized by law enforcement as Al, Jessie, Obama and the usual race mongers would have us believe. (bold emphasis mine)

For those who want to evaluate raw numbers:

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/ard0309st.pdf

One critical thing that I didn't see (or may have missed) is the number of deaths during arrest that occurred while the victim was resisting arrest. However it was noted that "Among arrest-related deaths attributed to homicide, 75% of decedents allegedly engaged in violent offenses (table 14)"

Interesting. So 429 more whites were killed than blacks during the period 2003 to 2009. Hmmm, think I'll go start a protest. Burn down a couple of cities and loot some liquor stores.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
That's not how those stats work. Without realizing it, what you just said was, black cops shoot 92% of the black motorists they stop, and white cops shoot 86% of the white motorists that they stop.

Just goes to show ya, it's real easy to skew stats. You may say that's not how they work, and maybe you want to believe that, but do you really know for sure.

The chart just posted above has some real interesting numbers.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Are you in denial? 92% to less that 1% killed by cops, incedently, that's all races of cops.
No I'm not in denial. The issue isn't about the percentage of black killed, it's the fact that unarmed black people get killed at all by cops. You are apparently saying that because it's only 1%, then it's either an acceptable number, or that it's a small enough number not to be concerned with.

Maybe you should look at the video again of the cop getting shot at that returned fire and killed the gang member.
Why should I? The dead guy wasn't black, he was armed, and it certainly appeared to be a perfectly justified shooting.

I would venture to say that most fleeing criminals are armed in someway.
If you include things like shoes, clothing, laminated ID card, loose coins, then yeah, I agree.

There quite a few videos around of cops getting shot during routine traffic stops. Why isn't anybody talking about that. What was that number, 104 cops killed this year. But that's ok cause their armed.
People do talk about it when it happens, but few are outraged or shocked when a criminal shoots a cop, since that's a risk inherent in the job. But there shouldn't be an inherent risk of a citizen being shot by a cop.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
I'll end with this. During a period of 25 to 35 years ago during a previous career, I had the opportunity many times to go to numerous unsavory neighborhoods at all hours of the late night. I have been stopped during that time period by law enforcement probably 8 or 9 times. Mainly because I "looked" out of place. Each time the cop had his hand on his holstered weapon. I stopped immediately, put my hands on the steering wheel in clear view and followed instructions. I maintained a respectful positive attitude. Never once did the officer pull his weapon, and in a few minutes I was on my way.
The officers were white, black and mexican. Had I gotten a real bad attitude, I could see how it could have gone differently.

I'm not say there aren't bad cops. I'm tired of the racial BS by the politicians and do gooders, when they don't address the rwal issues and causes.