Tucker Carlson Cancelled - Gone From Fox News

ATeam

Retired Expediter
If I was Carlson receiving an offer like this, the very first thing I would want to know is the financial status of the offering company. What assurance do I have they can pay what they say they will pay? It's one thing to make a self-serving publicity splash by making an open-letter offer. It's something quite different to actually do what they say.

I also wonder how, much of this offer is a sincere attempt to lure Carlson as their next star, and how much is it designed to peel away Carlson's viewers by attract their attention using Carlson's name and entice them to join their platform now.

While this seems to be the biggest open-letter offer received so far, it's one of several. It is instructive that Carlson has accepted none of them and that he has taken no action to start any show anywhere else. I believe that's because his FOX contract remains in full force and effect, and that the penalties for breaching the contract provisions are too high to make any other action practical; even when the offer is $100 million.

Regarding Carlson's audience that shrinks a little each day he is off the air, it will be interesting to see if he receives such big offers 3 months or 6 months down the line.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is nothing independent or free about Musk and Twitter. Since taking over, Musk has stomped on several people he did not like. If Elon tolerates you, you get to stay. If he dislikes you, your stuff is weak.
Where would you suggest he go( platform) to have total freedom? Does that place exist?

Reactions: danthewolf00

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Musk and Twitter may not be a perfect 5 (on a 0-10 scale 5 is dead center neutral) but they are certainly much closer to it now than a year ago when Twitter was a 1 at best if not 0.x on the 0-10 liberal to conservative scale.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Where would you suggest he go( platform) to have total freedom? Does that place exist?
I don't know that any such place exists anywhere in the world in any domain, media or otherwise. I know of no media outlet, social media platform, church, school, business, government, family, or any other entity that tolerates everything. Even Heaven is closed to those not inclined to pledge themselves to God.

Regarding Twitter, Musk has made it clear it will not be a rules-free platform for Carlson. Musk tweeted Tuesday evening, "I also want to be clear that we have not signed a deal of any kind whatsoever. Tucker is subject to the same rules & rewards of all content creators."

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Musk and Twitter may not be a perfect 5 (on a 0-10 scale 5 is dead center neutral) but they are certainly much closer to it now than a year ago when Twitter was a 1 at best if not 0.x on the 0-10 liberal to conservative scale.
Right. The Left didn’t complain much when free speech was limited on conservatives. They even encouraged it.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not really that shocking, if he believed that there was fraud, it would have been different, but he knew it was a lie and continued to spread it. When are you people going to understand that you are being deceived!!!!
Not true.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Not really that shocking, if he believed that there was fraud, it would have been different, but he knew it was a lie and continued to spread it. When are you people going to understand that you are being deceived!!!!
That is like saying the southern border is secure.......

Reactions: muttly

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Did you ever think it might be the Democrats that are doing the lies????

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't know if I buy the "fired as part of the Dominion settlement" any more than I buy the accusation that Rudy Giuliani was selling pardons for $2 million a pop. Both of those are a little too on the nose in how they hit The Left right in the feels.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What unsubstantiated "lie" did he spread?
The big lie, the one where they said that there was fraud that caused Biden to win. We saw the emails and texts, Tucker hates Trump, he knew that there was no fraud, but he said there was on air because he didnt want to lose ratings.

Do you want to be lied to?

• Haha

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know if I buy the "fired as part of the Dominion settlement" any more than I buy the accusation that Rudy Giuliani was selling pardons for $2 million a pop. Both of those are a little too on the nose in how they hit The Left right in the feels.
I honestly dont think Trump was selling pardons, but I dont doubt Rudy was, he knew he was broke and this was his way of scamming people out of money.

• Haha

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The big lie, the one where they said that there was fraud that caused Biden to win. We saw the emails and texts, Tucker hates Trump, he knew that there was no fraud, but he said there was on air because he didnt want to lose ratings.

Do you want to be lied to?
And yet 2000 Mules provides a compelling argument following people to multiple mail drops, people wearing gloves they throw in the trash as soon as they've mailed the fraudulent ballots and fingerprints are no longer an issue, people wearing masks to prevent identification etc. etc.