Tucker Carlson Cancelled - Gone From Fox News

muttly

Veteran Expediter
So far Carlson is honoring the terms of his contract - not a word from him about Fox or anyone who works there. However, one has to wonder if Fox is bound by the same non-disparagement clauses. They've obviously mounted a leaking campaign of texts, quotes, and off-camera video clips that are meant to make Carlson look bad and intentionally damage his brand and any value he might have to another network or a venue of his own that he might want to start up. Does this constitute a breach of contract on their part? Only the lawyers familiar with the contract would know, but this smear campaign doesn't seem to be doing Fox News any good; the 8pm slot is still in the dumpster after two weeks, and their prime time ratings as a whole are down. Meanwhile, Tucker Carlson's value is rising and Newsmax, as an example, is mounting an all-out effort to bring him into their fold - seemingly at any price.
Is this definitively coming from Fox or someone that once worked there and leaked it to Media Matters? I notice Fox has issued a cease and desist order to MM to stop putting out Carlson videos.
I would like to see him on Newsmax at 8pm. and also have some type of deal with Musk where he can have a monster audience on Twitter.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Is this definitively coming from Fox or someone that once worked there and leaked it to Media Matters? I notice Fox has issued a cease and desist order to MM to stop putting out Carlson videos.
I would like to see him on Newsmax at 8pm. and also have some type of deal with Musk where he can have a monster audience on Twitter.
Every big-name that has left FOX and then resurfaced with another outlet has done so with a diminished audience. Carlson may be the one to break that pattern. Time will tell. But the longer he is off air, the more his audience fades. Once people learn they can get along without you, they get along without you.

I know of no customer, member, marketing, political, voter or audience list in the world that does not fade over time. Lists must be continually refreshed and replenished to maintain their relevancy and grow.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As of 7:40PM this evening, Tucker Carlson's Twitter video has been viewed 20.7 MILLION times. At 7:30 it was at 17.7M views; 3M views in 10 minutes. It would appear that Tucker isn't fading, but Fox News might be getting a little out of focus in prime time.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
As of 7:40PM this evening, Tucker Carlson's Twitter video has been viewed 20.7 MILLION times. At 7:30 it was at 17.7M views; 3M views in 10 minutes. It would appear that Tucker isn't fading, but Fox News might be getting a little out of focus in prime time.
I suggested above that the longer Carlson is off the air, the more his audience will fade. That is not an instant thing. Audience degradation happens over time. It's not going to happen this week or next. It will happen over weeks and months if he remains off air that long. And it will not be total. He will always retain some followers. How many he retains depends on the length of time he is out of the public eye.

Regarding the 20.7 million number of views you mention, there is no way a TV audience of 3+ million grows to 20.7 million by Carlson going off air and onto Twitter, and with a single video at that. Bots are likely generating most of those views. For the 3 million views in 10 minutes to be real, all 3 million of his former FOX viewers would have to be on Twitter at the same time, viewing a video they have likely viewed before. Or, millions of people not previously interested in Carlson would have to become suddenly interested in those 10 minutes. With the news now dominated by the Carroll v. Trump verdict, that is highly unlikely. Carlson is barely in big-outlet headlines today, if at all.

20.7 million views by humans, and 3 million views in 10 minutes are not plausible. The bot theory is plausible.

For context, "... the most-viewed video on Twitter of all time is a tweet from May 2018 by Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa, which offered one million yen (about $9,000) each to 100 randomly selected Twitter users who retweeted the tweet. The tweet reportedly received over 4.68 million retweets and was viewed by millions of people worldwide." (ChatGPT)

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Ratings: MSNBC Now Tops FOX News

For those who seek to own the libs, things aren't gong your way in the FOX News/Tucker Carlson matter. Carlson is off the air. FOX is in free-fall. And a costly war has broken out between the two. What's not for a lib to love?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: danthewolf00

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Ratings: MSNBC Now Tops FOX News

For those who seek to own the libs, things aren't gong your way in the FOX News/Tucker Carlson matter. Carlson is off the air. FOX is in free-fall. And a costly war has broken out between the two. What's not for a lib to love?

What’s not for a lib to love? Tucker on Twitter
IMG_2029.gif

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Tucker on Twitter "Soon"

"Elon Musk said Twitter had not signed a deal with the host, who would be subject to the same rules as other 'content creators'.

"On Tuesday, Carlson said he would be bringing a 'new version' of his show to Twitter soon in a message captioned 'we're back'".
(Source)

I figured as much. Carlson's contract remains in force and he continues to abide by it. He knows that the longer he is off the air, the more his audience will fade. That's not a lick on Carlson. That's just the way it is with all hosts who go off the air. Loyalist will stick with him forever but, as with any audience, some are more loyal than others and some will leave. I see his announcement yesterday as an effort to keep hope alive and keep his audience engaged. I'd do the same thing if I was in his shoes.

While Carlson has now announced his Twitter intent (bad news for Newmax and others who were courting him), nothing concrete has happened regarding his Twitter show. This announcement tracks with previous developments. Carlson had Musk on his FOX show for an in-depth, 2-show interview recently. A relationship between these two clearly exists.

No one on EO can say what "Soon" means. Carlson isn't saying. Musk isn't saying. Carlson is capable of speaking clearly, but he is not regarding a move. He has said where he intends to go next, but we'll have to wait to see how the FOX/Carlson contract battle plays out to know when that will be.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Tucker on Twitter "Soon"

"Elon Musk said Twitter had not signed a deal with the host, who would be subject to the same rules as other 'content creators'.
It came to mind today, does Carlson even need a contract with Musk to run a show on Twitter? Thousands of people already do that without a contract, do they not? If I wanted to do a show on Twitter, all I have to do is do the show. No contract. No nothing. Why would it be different for Carlson?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Could be clearing up legal/ contract issues with Fox.
FOX would say the issues are already cleared up. The contract is valid and remains in full force and effect. At present, Carlson seems to agree as he is abiding by the contract.

People can make up theories about what he is doing behind the scenes. What he is not doing in public better indicates his legal status with FOX. Stay tuned for future developments "soon."

• Haha
Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
FOX would say the issues are already cleared up. The contract is valid and remains in full force and effect. At present, Carlson seems to agree as he is abiding by the contract.

People can make up theories about what he is doing behind the scenes. What he is not doing in public better indicates his legal status with FOX. Stay tuned for future developments "soon."
Contracts are broken all the time. There is that saying “ contracts are meant to be broken.” Especially when you can make double or triple the money, have a much larger audience, and speak with more freedom on stuff. His huge audience awaits.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Contracts are broken all the time. There is that saying “ contracts are meant to be broken.” Especially when you can make double or triple the money, have a much larger audience, and speak with more freedom on stuff. His huge audience awaits.
That statement is laughable. There is no way FOX will tolerate a broken contract. Carlson may break it but if he does, FOX will immediately seek injunctive relief and high monetary damages. My guess is that very possibility is what is keeping Carlson quiet and off the air now.

His audience degrades bit by bit with every day he remains off the air.

There is no evidence Carlson can make double or triple the money on Twitter if he does a show on Twitter. How many millions of dollars would double or triple the money be? Who on Twitter makes such money now? Yes, Twitter's audience is many times larger than FOX's audience, but that does not mean a larger number of Twitter users will find their way to Carlson's show if he does one there.

You are citing fantasy based wishful thinking. I'm citing present reality. Carlson is off the air and his contract with FOX remains in full force and effect.

• Haha

muttly

Veteran Expediter
That statement is laughable. There is no way FOX will tolerate a broken contract. Carlson may break it but if he does, FOX will immediately seek injunctive relief and high monetary damages. My guess is that very possibility is what is keeping Carlson quiet and off the air now.

His audience degrades bit by bit with every day he remains off the air.

There is no evidence Carlson can make double or triple the money on Twitter if he does a show on Twitter. How many millions of dollars would double or triple the money be? Who on Twitter makes such money now? Yes, Twitter's audience is many times larger than FOX's audience, but that does not mean a larger number of Twitter users will find their way to Carlson's show if he does one there.

You are citing fantasy based wishful thinking. I'm citing present reality. Carlson is off the air and his contract with FOX remains in full force and effect.
Dude was already offered a hundred million dollar contract. That’s not fantasy.