Tucker Carlson Cancelled - Gone From Fox News

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Dan bongo
Geraldo Rivera
And one of the women who I don't know the name of.
You did not answer my questions but this article did regarding Bongingo.

"... And I want you to know it’s not some big conspiracy. I promise you. There’s no acrimony. This wasn’t some WWE brawl that happened. We just couldn’t come to terms on an extension.”

“It’s a sad day,” Bongino said on his podcast, noting that he was given the chance to do one final episode of the show, but he decided not to. ... the network says a new schedule will be announced “in the coming weeks.”

“We were the number one show 90% of the time,” Bongino said. “We had a great team.” Bongino said “you're going to read a thousand left wing articles about some nonsense, and I'm guaranteeing you on my reputation, it is all made up. It's a simple contract thing, and that's it. It is no more complicated than that.”

Since he says it was no more complicated than "a simple contract thing," it leaves interested people wondering about the terms of the contract. What was provision or provisions were the parties the contract asking for that the other was unwilling to give? We'll never know unless the parties or their representatives talk.

Reactions: danthewolf00

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is no question FOX took a major ratings hit when it took Carlson off the air. But as expected, FOX is beginning to recover.

Also, Carlson is not #1 among political commentators. Per Twitter:

Name/Followers

Tucker Carlson: 8.8 million
Rachel Madow: 10.3 million
Trevor Noah: 11.8 million
Joe Rogan: 11.2 million

Compare Oprah: 42.3 million

Tucker currently is just randomly posting 14 minute videos. We don’t even know when he will appear. His whole production is still in an infant stage until the contract dispute gets resolved. Reportedly there are multiple people from Fox ready to join him as well.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is no question FOX took a major ratings hit when it took Carlson off the air. But as expected, FOX is beginning to recover.

Also, Carlson is not #1 among political commentators. Per Twitter:

Name/Followers

Tucker Carlson: 8.8 million
Rachel Madow: 10.3 million
Trevor Noah: 11.8 million
Joe Rogan: 11.2 million

Compare Oprah: 42.3 million

IMG_3417.jpegIMG_3418.jpeg

ATeam

Retired Expediter
While Carlson may not be number 1 on Twitter he still draws more than when he was on fox.
Correct. When Carlson aired his first Tucker on Twitter show, he had 6.7 million followers. Today, he has 8.8 million.

If you review my post above, you will see a major decline in his number of show views. This can only mean one thing. He has more followers who are watching his show less.

Put another way, Carlson's show-views per follower have rapidly declined over the six episodes he has aired. Six is a small number. Assuming he does more episodes, we'll have to wait a few months to see where Carlson's Twitter numbers settle in.

Another thing to watch is FOX's next legal move against Carlson. He ignored the cease and desist letter FOX sent him before his third episode aired. The ball is in FOX's court (no pun intended).

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
And I wonder about the average IQ of twits, is that the term for those who care whatsoever about twittering?
Among those who care about "twittering" are Elon Musk and Tucker Carlson. And Trump may soon rejoin Twitter. See this.

Looking, I found no data regarding the average IQ of Twitter users. I did find a 2019 stat that said the US Twitter audience is higher educated than the general population, but that's an old statistic and much has changed at Twitter since then, including Musk coming to own the company and the many changes he made.

Twitter is not the same as it used to be, but it obviously remains important to a large body of people, many of whom are highly educated.

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Here's a good summary of Twitter demographics. Most of the users are young, and only 33% of all users have a college education. This would explain why celebrities like Trevor Noah have more followers than Tucker. However, followers isn't the key statistic; it's the number of views, which may be hard to measure considering the sporadic nature of his episodes and the way they may be linked or forwarded. My guess is that he's treading water on Twitter until he gets his legal issues with Fox resolved.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Here's a good summary of Twitter demographics.
The article you cite is dated Sept. 2022. Musk took over Twitter in Oct. 2022. Since then, the value of the company has dropped 67%, according to asset manager Fidelity (which owns part of Twitter). Musk has laid off massive numbers of Twitter staff. User growth rate has declined and ad revenue with it.

While the Sept. 2022 Twitter numbers are interesting, it would be a mistake to assume that Today's Twitter is anything like those numbers suggest. Twitter is not as transparent as it used to be. It's hard to know what's going on at Twitter these days.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The article you cite is dated Sept. 2022. Musk took over Twitter in Oct. 2022. Since then, the value of the company has dropped 67%, according to asset manager Fidelity (which owns part of Twitter). Musk has laid off massive numbers of Twitter staff. User growth rate has declined and ad revenue with it.

While the Sept. 2022 Twitter numbers are interesting, it would be a mistake to assume that Today's Twitter is anything like those numbers suggest. Twitter is not as transparent as it used to be. It's hard to know what's going on at Twitter these days.
Those were the most recent meaningful numbers I could find with a quick search. Without seeing recent stats, I would not attempt to agree nor disagree about what today's Twitter looks like. My brief visits to that site are to check Carlson's posts and a few others for news and politics.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Without seeing recent stats, I would not attempt to agree nor disagree about what today's Twitter looks like. My brief visits to that site are to check Carlson's posts and a few others for news and politics.
I'm not sure about post-Musk Twitter either. We can look at the obvious and draw conclusions from that. Beyond that, it's hard to know much of anything.

For example, say personality X has 1 million followers today, up from 1/2 million a year ago. The obvious conclusion is this personality has a follower count 100% higher than before. But knowing why this number changed is hard to determine.

We can also see personality X has 1 million followers and personality Y has 2 million. The obvious conclusion is Y has more followers than X. That's an apples-to-apples conclusion that would seem valid. As to why, there again it's hard to explain.

And we can note that the average number of views personality Y's video posts was say 5 million for her first 3 episodes, , and the number declined to 3 million for the next three videos. The obvious and reasonable conclusion is the number of views is declining. But knowing why the number is declining is more difficult.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
This should make it easier.
There are thousands of people who would like a job on Carlson's new team. But does Carlson want or need them?

Producing a Twitter opinion show requires a fraction of the staff it takes to produce a national TV show. And so far, zero revenue has been produced from the Tucker on Twitter show. Anyone he hires, he'd be paying out of his own pocket. That's not much of an incentive to build a huge staff.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How many of X and Y were twits prior to X and Y twitting? How many of their N followers joined new because of them vs. how many were already there and just fell in with the crowd? How long did it take for X and Y to achieve their respective N's? It may be less simple than it first appears.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are thousands of people who would like a job on Carlson's new team. But does Carlson want or need them?

Producing a Twitter opinion show requires a fraction of the staff it takes to produce a national TV show. And so far, zero revenue has been produced from the Tucker on Twitter show. Anyone he hires, he'd be paying out of his own pocket. That's not much of an incentive to build a huge staff.
All in good time. All in good time.
I guess if he made 1.6 million a year it would be more concerning to him.
But he’s getting 1.6 million A MONTH.
How much would he pay all of those people? A month or so of his salary to double, triple, his earning potential? Money well spent.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
All in good time. All in good time.
There is that hope, and there is what is actually happening now. No regularly scheduled show. No staff that we know of. A cease and desist letter issued by FOX. Just six brief episodes in the last two months, none of them regularly scheduled. Massively declining views per user across those six episodes. No shows announced for the future on any kind of regular schedule.

I don'' think this is happening, but the possibility exists that Carlson is finding retirement to be agreeable. Why work when you don't have to? Why build a new empire when you are already financially set for life? Maybe he's just fine keeping his "show" at its current level, kinda like a retiree's hobby, while he settles into a quieter and more peaceful lifestyle he finds enjoyable.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is that hope, and there is what is actually happening now. No regularly scheduled show. No staff that we know of. A cease and desist letter issued by FOX. Just six brief episodes in the last two months, none of them regularly scheduled. Massively declining views per user across those six episodes. No shows announced for the future on any kind of regular schedule.

I don'' think this is happening, but the possibility exists that Carlson is finding retirement to be agreeable. Why work when you don't have to? Why build a new empire when you are already financially set for life? Maybe he's just fine keeping his "show" at its current level, kinda like a retiree's hobby, while he settles into a quieter and more peaceful lifestyle he finds enjoyable.
All in good time. IMG_3448.jpeg

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'll say again that everything about Tucker on Twitter indicates that he's just treading water, keeping himself visible on the best venue to serve that purpose on a temporary basis. He would probably get more views if he would post his episodes on a regular schedule - I don't understand why he doesn't do that. A high percentage of his fans are unlikely to be regular Twitter users; I, for one, certainly am not. It's likely that a high percentage of Twitter users are not Tucker fans since this website is still populated by young liberals in spite of the changes Musk has imposed.

Again, my guess is that Tucker will eventually go the Joe Rogan route with a podcast. Other than Fox News there just aren't any conservative networks that can give him the exposure he needs to reach his full potential. Newsmax has supposedly told him he could name his price, but they still don't have the viewership potential. Considering that he was cancelled by Fox at the prime of his career, it's unlikely he's even remotely considering retirement. He's a once in a generation media personality that has the ability to influence tens of millions of conservatives in our country, similar to Rush Limbaugh.

Episode 7 came out yesterday, and was mostly a rant about why we shouldn't be in Ukraine. Once again, many may not agree with his opinions on Ukraine, but he make us think about an extremely important issue that directly affects our country.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would have liked to see his show on either Newsmax or Blaze tv. Both would see tremendous growth with his show in the lineup and continue the demise of Fox News, who have sold out to the Uniparty. But whatever gives him the biggest audience opportunity I’m fine with.

Reactions: danthewolf00

ATeam

Retired Expediter
All in good time.
All in good time for what? What is it exactly that you are looking for? What do you want Tucker to be or become? What difference does it make to you if he becomes that or not? Why does it matter to you?