Tucker Carlson Cancelled - Gone From Fox News

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
All in good time for what? What is it exactly that you are looking for? What do you want Tucker to be or become? What difference does it make to you if he becomes that or not? Why does it matter to you?
I sense that you are cheering for him to fail. Am I wrong?

Reactions: danthewolf00

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I sense that you are cheering for him to fail. Am I wrong?
I am not cheering for Carlson's failure in any emotional sense. It's not about him feeling bad or me feeling good. But it pleases me to see him off the air and his Twitter show sputtering. As Pilgrim said, "[Carlson is] a once in a generation media personality that has the ability to influence tens of millions of conservatives in our country, similar to Rush Limbaugh."

I do not share Carlson's views. I believe they are more harmful than helpful to the country. So when I see his activity and influence fade, it's encouraging.

Last edited:

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I am not cheering for Carlson's failure in any emotional sense. It's not about him feeling bad or me feeling good. But it pleases me to see him off the air and his Twitter show sputtering. As Pilgrim said, "[Carlson is] a once in a generation media personality that has the ability to influence tens of millions of conservatives in our country, similar to Rush Limbaugh."

I do not share Carlson's views. I believe they are more harmful than helpful to the country. So when I see his activity and influence fade, it's encouraging.
I would rather have the hate filled show "the view" shut down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pilgrim and muttly

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just had a thought and had to go and research it, Tucker does have a college degree, but not in journalism. Now it makes sense, no wonder he cant tell the truth, its just amazing that so many people believe what comes out of his mouth.

He will fit in on Twitter, the term influencer is right for him, not journalist.

• Haha

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I just had a thought and had to go and research it, Tucker does have a college degree, but not in journalism. Now it makes sense, no wonder he cant tell the truth, its just amazing that so many people believe what comes out of his mouth.

He will fit in on Twitter, the term influencer is right for him, not journalist.
What specifically has he lied about?

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What specifically has he lied about?
We have discussed this before, I understand you believe he is telling the truth, but his lies have been out in the open since all of his texts were shown in the Dominion lawsuit.

The fact that he personally hates Trump but sings his praise on the air should be enough for Trump supporters especially to tune him out, but I guess Trumpers like to watch people that tell them what they want to hear.

I personally dont want to watch someone who is going to tell me what I want to hear, I want someone who is going to tell me what I NEED to hear.

• Haha

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The notion that Carlson or anyone else must have a journalism degree to be a successful journalist does not hold water. Carlson has been extremely successful as an opinion journalist, probably because he does not have a journalism degree but mostly because he can clearly explain his opinions and ideas in a manner that makes people see things from a different perspective or make current events relative to their everyday lives. As info, his father was a journalist and politician, so young Tucker probably learned more from him than he would have in a college classroom.

The fact that the majority of his opinions and ideas are based on conservative principles is toxic to liberals and pundits in the mainstream media. Of course their reaction is not to counter with reason and logic, but to silence his voice and cancel his very presence since they can't prevail against him in debate. His show on Fox was far more successful than any of the liberal opinion productions on any channel, and no other single host came close to his ratings and viewers. It's no surprise that they're gloating right now after his surprising and financially stupid cancellation by Fox News. They continue to pay the price for that decision.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have discussed this before, I understand you believe he is telling the truth, but his lies have been out in the open since all of his texts were shown in the Dominion lawsuit.
If someone is going to be accused of lying, their lies need to be stated along with the truthful corrections. Otherwise, there's no credibility to the accusation.
The fact that he personally hates Trump but sings his praise on the air should be enough for Trump supporters especially to tune him out, but I guess Trumpers like to watch people that tell them what they want to hear.
The fact that he stated opinions about Trump that were contrary to his personal beliefs is irrelevant. Many people find Trump personally offensive but think his political positions, policies and accomplishments as POTUS were good for the country.
I personally dont want to watch someone who is going to tell me what I want to hear, I want someone who is going to tell me what I NEED to hear.
Maybe sometimes we need to hear ideas and opinions that are contrary to our own in order to broaden our horizons. However, these ideas and opinions do need to be supported by logic and/or facts.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ep. 8 Rick from Boston...

This is a short one, but hits on a subject that no one's supposed to touch: Transgenderism - aka Gender Dysphoria. For the past several years liberals have gone all-out on the effort to normalize this mental illness, and it's having a debilitating effect on our entire society. It's hard to believe the overwhelming outcry from the radical left to convince everyone - especially our young and most vulnerable children - that people can change their sex just by believing it's so. They encourage our pre-pubescent children they can transition to another sex without the knowledge and consent of their parents. Teachers and "counselors" even encourage puberty blockers and surgical mutilation for youngsters that aren't mentally prepared to make life changing decisions and not even old enough to buy cigarettes.

Tucker gives us the example of Admiral Richard Levine, aka Rachel Levine as an example of an asst secretary of the Dept of HHS appointed by Joe Biden and confirmed by the Democrat controlled Senate. Remember Biden also appointed Sam Brinton to serve in the Dept of Energy in charge of spent nuclear fuel and waste disposition. He was the one who got fired for stealing women's luggage in airports.

This is a mental illness, it's delusional, and it only effects a tiny but very vocal percentage of the population. Regardless, we're not only told we have to tolerate these people, but we must embrace them and treat them with the same acceptance we give people of different races. The fact remains that people can no more change their sex than they can change their age.

Reactions: LDB

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Fox News has begun promoting their revamped prime time lineup, no doubt to rehab their struggling ratings. The reshuffle will be as follows:

7PM - Laura Ingraham
8PM - Jesse Waters
9PM - Hannity
10PM - Gutfeld

Still no one that comes close to replacing Tucker Carlson. They are rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe sometimes we need to hear ideas and opinions that are contrary to our own in order to broaden our horizons. However, these ideas and opinions do need to be supported by logic and/or facts.
Opinions that are not supported by logic or facts? Isnt that a lie?

• Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Just for Fun

1688778005905.png

News broke this week that META is launching "Threads," which may become a serious Twitter competitor. META also owns Instagram. Because of the Instagram connection and ease with which Instagram users can install and use the Threads app, tens of millions of people quickly adopted Threads (70 million in the first day). Twitter launched in 2006, and has 300 million users today.

Twitter is not a stronger company since Musk took it over. It's weaker in several ways. We'll have to wait and see if Twitter further errodes because of the Threads competitive threat. No word yet about Carlson participating on both platforms or choosing one over the other. No word yet about what effect, if any, Threads will have on Truth Social.

For comparison:
  • Truth Social's app store ranking has fallen significantly. In January, Truth Social was the top-ranked free app in the Apple App Store. As of July 2023, it is ranked 175th.
  • Truth Social's user base has plateaued at around 2 million active users. This is a far cry from the 10 million users that Trump had predicted Truth Social would have by the end of 2022. (Source: Bard)

Last edited:

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Just for Fun

View attachment 22612

News broke this week that META is launching "Threads," which may become a serious Twitter competitor. META also owns Instagram. Because of the Instagram connection and ease with which Instagram users can install and use the Threads app, tens of millions of people quickly adopted Threads (70 million in the first day).

Twitter is not a stronger company since Musk took it over. It's weaker in several ways. We'll have to wait and see if Twitter further errodes because of the Threads competitive threat. No word yet about Carlson participating on both platforms or choosing one over the other. No word yet about what effect, if any, Threads will have on Truth Social.

For comparison:
  • Truth Social's app store ranking has fallen significantly. In January, Truth Social was the top-ranked free app in the Apple App Store. As of July 2023, it is ranked 175th.
  • Truth Social's user base has plateaued at around 2 million active users. This is a far cry from the 10 million users that Trump had predicted Truth Social would have by the end of 2022. (Source: Bard)
Tucker Carlson is still getting more views than anyone at fox.

Reactions: Pilgrim

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The Steep Decline of Tucker on Twitter is Confirmed

Yesterday, Newsweek said, "Tucker Carlson's new Twitter show has seen its viewing figures fall dramatically, since it was first launched on June 6, according to data made publicly available by the social media giant." (Source)

The view numbers they cited differ slightly from those I posted above because the dates of the counts are different. After Carlson airs a show, it can be viewed on subsequent days, so the view count changes by the day. Nevertheless, Newsweek's conclusion and mine are the same. Viewership is dramatically declining.

Another indicator of Carlson's declining influence is this. When he was on FOX News, it was not uncommon for him to drive a 24-hour cable news cycle with something he said or did. The last time he did that was when he started his Twitter show. Since then, he has not driven a cycle like he did before.

It's still early. It's barely been a month since Carlson started Tucker on Twitter. A resurgence cannot be ruled out. But the current trend is clearly one of decline.

Last edited:
  • Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
The TV and Twitter Viewership Difference Explained

This Newsweek article included helpful information about viewership. TV viewership is commonly gauged by ratings agencies like Nielsen.

"When Carlson's Fox News show was axed in April it was pulling in around 3.3 million views per episode, according to Nielsen figures.

"However this isn't a direct comparison to Twitter, with the social media giant stating "anyone who is logged into Twitter who views a Tweet counts as a view, regardless of where they see the Tweet (e.g. Home, Search, Profiles, etc.) or whether or not they follow the author." Thus some of Carlson's views recorded by the platform are likely to be from people who quickly scrolled past it on their Twitter feed, without making any active effort to watch the show."

I do not follow Tucker Carlson on Twitter. Once, out of curiosity, I watched a Tucker on Twitter show. That's it. I have watched one Tucker on Twitter show one time. But the way Twitter counts views, I estimate over 100 views are attributed to me.

That's because I scroll past the posts when I count the views to discuss them here on EO. Additionally a good number of the people I follow on Twitter retweet the show on their feeds, which causes it to appear in my feed numerous times. Each time that happens, Twitter counts it as a view attributable to me, even though I scroll past it without clicking to watch the show.

I'm not saying there is anything good or bad about this. It simply explains the difference between the Nielsen TV views count and the Twitter views count. There is no good way to compare the two. This is a true apples and oranges case.

We can, however, compare Twitter views to Twitter views. And as shown above, Tucker on Twitter viewership is in steep decline. His most-recent show (Episode 8) is down -93% from his first show a month ago. That's a steep decline no matter how you spin it.

We can smooth this out by comparing the average views of the first three shows with the most-recent three. By that measure

First Three Show Average: 94.9 million
Last Three Show Average: 18.7 million

Rate of Decline: -80.3%

Comparing the first four shows to the second four shows provides a decline rate of -76.9%

Last edited:
  • Haha

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Pure Speculation About FOX News v. Tucker Carlson

In mid-June, FOX News sent a cease and desist letter to Tucker Carlson, citing contract violations and telling him to stop his Tucker on Twitter show. Carlson ignored the letter and he continues post new shows. That puts the ball in FOX's court.

Nearly a month later, FOX has made no public move. The next logical move would be for them to go to court to obtain a court order that requires Carlson to abide by his contract terms. But FOX has made no such filing.

Why is this? We have no way of knowing unless someone officially announces something. Lacking that, we can only speculate.

While I'm not firmly committed to this view, I'm beginning to believe that FOX has seen Carlson's Twitter numbers and concluded he is not a competitive threat. Going after him in court would only inflame the Carlson base. I'm thinking that FOX is content to leave well enough alone and let the Carlson decline continue by giving him no further attention.

It would be headline news if FOX took Carlson to court to enforce their contract. It's no news at all if they leave well enough alone, thereby denying Carlson the attention he would otherwise get. In his business, Carlson needs all the attention he can get, and the numbers show that attention is fading fast.

Again, this is pure speculation on my part. I could easily be missing an important fact.

Do you have any facts or ideas to offer? FOX News has issued a cease and desist letter but not taken Carlson to court. Why do you think that is?

Last edited:
  • Haha