TSA Stormtroopers at your home

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
address verification, discussion of responsibilities, inspection of vehicle with regulated cargo. What is wrong with that? I don't see anything saying you have to allow them into your home. I don't see anything stating that they are allowed to INSPECT anything other than the truck ?

What am I missing?

What are you missing there is no reason for them to enter the house i wouldn't allow it i would give up my TWIC card before letting some tsa ahole in my hme period. Just because i drive a truck i didn't give up my rights under the constutition

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What are you missing there is no reason for them to enter the house i wouldn't allow it i would give up my TWIC card before letting some tsa ahole in my hme period. Just because i drive a truck i didn't give up my rights under the constutition
What you are missing is "visit your home to verify your address" is not the same thing as entering the house.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What you are missing is "visit your home to verify your address" is not the same thing as entering the house.

It's no different than on cruise ship forums. People complain about a corkage fee when they bring their own wine and it's a screw top. For real :(

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There might be 4th Amendment questions about the van, especially when I have TSA cargo on it. About my house there's no real question. The only ways TSA can enter here according to the Constitution are either by invitation or by warrant. That warrant has to specify what, exactly or who, exactly they're looking for. If I don't invite them in, and they don't have a warrant, they can't legally (according to the 4th Amendment) enter my home.

Outside, they're at liberty to see if I actually live at this address. They can check with my landlord, ask the people I gave as reference on the forms, check former landlords and so on-- nothing I can do about that, they can check and cross-reference publicly available information to their heart's content.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
There has to be something more to this idea that they will visit your home to "confirm" you live there, maybe checking the address of the million or so drivers have zero to do with actually protracting the country and more to do with money.