Truck won't start

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Is anyone at, or near, the Pilot in Minooka, Il? I need a jumpstart, (have cables), HATE asking strangers for help...Have had jumpstarter on battery for over an hour, voltage meter not moving - appreciate it if anyone is able to help!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Never mind - I got it started, by running the cables from the gen. battery to truck battery.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Next time, try getting on the radio and asking. Works everytime. :)

-A bore is a person who opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. - Henry Ford

are12

Expert Expediter
Cheri,

For future reference:

If you have a generator on your truck and your truck won't start, fire up your generator and let it run for a few minutes and the truck should start. (It works for on truck)

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Cheri, You should get ahold of Pelgrums driver and discuss your mutual delimas, and, meet in the middle.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Do not bother to read my post on Roadside service as know one has any ideas. But in your situation START ASKING.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Um, I ran the generator all night, with the battery charger on - apparently have one or more bad batteries. I listen to the CB, but have had some unpleasant responses when asking for anything in the past, (wiseguys, you know), so generally don't talk over the radio. All it needed was a jumpstart, which I did myself, once I got the cables. Am having to run the generator and the truck, though, because of the way it's wired: no power for my small inverter, (for cell charger, laptop, & Garmin) because of the bad battery, have to run the generator to use the big inverter - a real PITA, but what can I say? I didn't run the wiring...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Does sound like one or more batteries are shot.

Davekc
owner
23 years
PantherII
EO moderator