Truck Driver's IQ

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Probably just mad his iq isn't high enough to keep him from doing something stupid to keep from getting hired. Have fun pope. Oh yeah cleanup on Isle 3!

Mayfield Express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Since there's no inflection or tone to hear and no facial expression to view I'll toss in for devil advocacy that it's possible the OP found the statistics to be laughable and was being facetious in his observation. Not sure about anything of course but just pointing out there could be another side besides the one everyone has presumed so far.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have no idea what my IQ is, and I can't think of a single reason why I would want to know.
It just doesn't matter.

jamespope

Not a Member
Yes I sit around all day trying to make up information to pass by you guys. Wow you guys are so quick! The info is from Wikipedia. Of course not all fall within it's scope but I bet it's pretty true. All you people yapping at me all the same one's yapping about how dirty truck driver's are.

It sure is funny how a lot of people discredit info just because they will not accept the truth...prob same one's that voted for Obama! How is it working for you?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
a score of 85-114 is about average for most of the population......
85-99 = 34.13%
100 - 114 = 34.13 %

so thank you for saying i am just an average person...:)
IQ Scores - Average IQ Score at IQ Test Center

Average IQ for the US is 98....

http://sq.4mg.com/NationIQ.htm

• Over 140 - Genius or near genius
  • 120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence
  • 110 - 119 - Superior intelligence
  • 90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence

• 80 - 89 - Dullness
  • 70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency
  • Under 70 - Definite feeble-mindedness

Last edited:

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
OK, what kind of advice would you be looking for? If you're wondering about the Higgs-Boson, this probably isn't the place to look. If your water pump is leaking and you're looking for a place to get a replacement, somebody here knows where to get the best replacement at the best price. So, I guess IQ is relative to the trade you're in. Those CERN physicists aren't going to help you much when you're steaming on the side of the road---.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Double post for some reason

Mayfield Express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
No OVM, you are FAR from normal!

you are absolutely correct.....I am exceptional....far above the norm.....LOL

IQ is only one measurement of intelligence......and not a stand alone factor in overall smarts.....someone can be a genius but can't find their car keys....LOL

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
you are absolutely correct.....I am exceptional....far above the norm.....LOL

IQ is only one measurement of intelligence......and not a stand alone factor in overall smarts.....someone can be a genius but can't find their car keys....LOL

You got that right! Some day, when we meet up again, I will tell you the story about Mr. Norlan, owner of the Norlan Switch Company. A genius, incapable of talking to anyone or even walking without assistance. The ONLY he could speak was when he was in view of one of his products.

He could never handle an expediting business. Funny, I am just a stupid driver, but, I was able, and did, have a very technical conversation with that genius.

OH WELL, I guess it's better to be a driver than a tick on the butt of the earth, eh?

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
An IQ score means little if you are below 160, other than that people can read and study a little more to get to the same level.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Well, mine is above that, but what am I doing for a living?

Enough said.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I know what mine was in tenth grade. I'm told it should be approximately the same now. It doesn't really matter though.

reefdriver

Active Expediter
Yes I sit around all day trying to make up information to pass by you guys. Wow you guys are so quick! The info is from Wikipedia. Of course not all fall within it's scope but I bet it's pretty true. All you people yapping at me all the same one's yapping about how dirty truck driver's are.

It sure is funny how a lot of people discredit info just because they will not accept the truth...prob same one's that voted for Obama! How is it working for you?

James, your intelligence is showing here. Most things that are measured like IQ all form a Gaussian distribution. To help you better understand what I just said I will point you to your source of choice Gaussian function - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. That is to say that if the mean (Mean - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) IQ of the sampled truckers was 95 there would be truckers the fall to the left and right of the mean. So of the sampled truckers most were of 95 intelligence but there were some that go to the right tail of the distribution which means that were above 95 intelligence. How are you so sure that the individuals in this forum posting are not of the right tail persuasion? Seeing as it would be impossible to sample all individuals in that group one can never truly know the average IQ of the group. If you are still failing to see where I am going with this, I will continue to spell this out for you. The other groups that you listed had a SAMPLED average higher then this group but that is not to say that some of the individuals that were of the left tail persuasion (left of the mean) had lower IQ's then the average of this group. I would highly recommend you read a statistics book and understand the effects of sample sizes. If you are unsure of what I am discussing here feel free to reply and I will break it down further for you. If you do understand then you should be ashamed for making such a sweeping generalization.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Lets see, we do one of the most dangerous jobs in America. We brag about making it through tornadoes, ice storms, and adverse weather conditions. We are constantly rolling down the highway in a speeding bullett at, over, or below highway speeds - depending on the type of driver behind the wheel. We drive during the middle of the night running against our circadian rhythm's and we live to brag about it time and time again! Does this sound like the behavior of an intellectual? Perhaps we are so smart that office work, book work, academic work bores us to sleep and we reach out to the truck for excitement! What do you all think?

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Or are we simply too intelligent to be controlled by a boss? Are we smart enough to know that we need to operate our own business? Also you can't just lump the expediters in with the bigger truck drivers. That is like comparing the surgeons with the general practitioners. We are the intellectual equivalent of the heart surgeons of our industry. Look at Turtle - perhaps one of the most intelligent chaps in all of the trucking industry and he drives "a sprinter!"

I also think us vanners and ex-vanners are the smartest bunch in the expedite/trucking industry and our higher IQ levels help boost the general IQ level of the entire industry! Pay for a 170 thousand dollar truck when you can buy a cargo van for 5k! Pay 15 thousand dollars for a carrier APU when you can get a honda generator and roof mount ac unit for 1500 bucks! 5000 dollars for a break job and new tires when we can pay under 1k! Who needs that. 8 miles to the gallon verses 15-22 miles per gallon. Straight truck loads pay 1.60 a mile - cargo vans 1.00 a mile with the extra 60 cents a mile on the straight truck load going right into the fuel tank and maintenance account! Log books!!!!! Need I say more. lol

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Or are we simply too intelligent to be controlled by a boss? Are we smart enough to know that we need to operate our own business? Also you can't just lump the expediters in with the bigger truck drivers. That is like comparing the surgeons with the general practitioners. We are the intellectual equivalent of the heart surgeons of our industry. Look at Turtle - perhaps one of the most intelligent chaps in all of the trucking industry and he drives "a sprinter!"

I also think us vanners and ex-vanners are the smartest bunch in the expedite/trucking industry and our higher IQ levels help boost the general IQ level of the entire industry! Pay for a 170 thousand dollar truck when you can buy a cargo van for 5k! Pay 15 thousand dollars for a carrier APU when you can get a honda generator and roof mount ac unit for 1500 bucks! 5000 dollars for a break job and new tires when we can pay under 1k! Who needs that. 8 miles to the gallon verses 15-22 miles per gallon. Straight truck loads pay 1.60 a mile - cargo vans 1.00 a mile with the extra 60 cents a mile on the straight truck load going right into the fuel tank and maintenance account! Log books!!!!! Need I say more. lol

LOL!! WHAT $1.60 loads? I don't even fire up the engine for loads that pay THAT bad! Most van loads I see pay much less that $1 per. 5000$ for a brake job?

Besides, a high IQ has NEVER stopped ANYONE from being stupid!

This is funny! Guess OVM was wrong!