tri-state question

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
I had 2 refusals in my 7 months with TS and they were no big deal with very little "standing in the corner". I had a lot more with my previous 2 companies because they offered a lot more crap loads.

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
The question this all raises with me is Why did this guy wait until just before orientation to bring these questions up, and why did he do it on here? Why not call THE COMPANY, and get the facts instead of alot of other's opinions.........hhhhmmmmmmmmm.

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
What I find is strange about all this is that I was told by all the recruiters that tri-state isn't doing any orientation this month and that their next orientation class is in January. So, the question is: Is there a special orientation class this month that only a select few are privy to or just what is the real scoop?

classadriver

Seasoned Expediter
thanks for putting it into perspective "d"
I hope to run into you sometime you seem to have the right outlook.

as far as why I waited to post this question.
Because I have made my mind up We are committed.just because I am just getting around to t-state does not mean its my first rodeo I am sorry if I didnt ask about the fed or panther.I was at panther for almost 3 years.I loved it made alot of money there at one time.the one thing I am looking for in a carrier is one that will let me book my own loads.
and before anyother carriers driver jumps in and says panther will let you book your own loads and wants to become a cat recruiter well I didnt ask about panther cause I already know its 15%.and I would rather pay 20% to tri-state than 3% to panther.I made alot of money there but some things are better for both sides to be forgotten.so unless your at tri-state or have been then imo I dont need yours.

besides the ones that have been here since roberts express I have been in expedite longer than you and could most likely school you.

the one that made the post about his wife
well thats a great post made me lol.and its very true I dont like more than 1 thing about mine but I still love her and want to be with her doesnt mean I am uhappy.

I posted this as a tri-state question could not have made it any clearer I was looking for tri-state drivers/owner/ops to answer
not a recruiter.

as far as no classes right now
I hope you are wrong cause while I was away and unable to defend myself I was off renting a car for me and my team member.gee I hope I wasnt so stupid to get the wrong date.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
classadriver in another thread said:
I am new so don't jump on me yet please.
Nobody has jumped you yet, but then you follow with these gems.

In this thread:
I am just getting around to t-state does not mean its my first rodeo I am sorry if I didn't ask about the fed or panther.
I don't think anyone cares that you did not mention them nor did I see anyone ask why you don't consider them.

I am sorry if I didnt ask about the fed or panther.
The only poster to mention them was Zoli and you. Zoli I believe is with Tri-State, and you are joining them.

and before any other carriers driver jumps in and says panther will let you book your own loads and wants to become a cat recruiter
Nobody said anything.

so unless your at Tri-state or have been then imo I dont need yours.
Kind of speaks for itself.

besides the ones that have been here since roberts express I have been in expedite longer than you and could most likely school you.
Then why oh sage one, didn't you use all of that knowledge to know enough to ask those questions prior to making a commitment to the carrier in the first place??

I posted this as a tri-state question could not have made it any clearer I was looking for tri-state drivers/owner/ops to answer
not a recruiter.
Well if you would have made that comment in your first post there would have been fewer responses for you to sort through. But nowhere did you request answers only from people at TS

I was away and unable to defend myself

You had no need to defend yourself nor do you now have a need to defend your comments.

Last edited:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
The 8 hour thing is when your dwell time will start up again. I turned down a short load 2 days ago and a few hours later I got a better load (after the snow got plowed in Wisconsin). Dwell time means nothing if you are the only truck around and they want to take care of our biggest customer.

Sounds to me that they have tried the same kinda system that FedEx has. When DVA was rolled out you had to wait 33 hrs as a home body before you dwell time would start up. The term home body is someone that is at their home Express Center. Sounds to me they are not letting your dwell time build up until 8 hrs later. I don't know I'm not at Tri-State. When I had a truck on there back in 1996 they seemed to be a good company.

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
Sounds to me that they have tried the same kinda system that FedEx has. When DVA was rolled out you had to wait 33 hrs as a home body before you dwell time would start up. The term home body is someone that is at their home Express Center. Sounds to me they are not letting your dwell time build up until 8 hrs later. I don't know I'm not at Tri-State. When I had a truck on there back in 1996 they seemed to be a good company.

I am not even sure if they use the term dwell. I just borrowed the term because its fits the discussion. At TS, there are reasons to turn down loads that don't count against you.
30 % deadhead is one. Pay less than contract rate is another. Turning down NYC and Canada is another, if you tell them when you start that you will not go there.
The 8 hour penalty for me has been a non factor since I spent less than than 3 hours waiting on each next load. I am surprised that when people are complaining about waiting for days for a load, that 8 hour thing would bother people that are not effected. On my last job, I delivered to GM in Buffalo on Monday, and sat until Friday waiting for my next load. On Friday they came up with a load from American Axle, when they were still on strike, going to Cleveland. That was my last day with that company. This was 8 months ago when business was better than it is now. I prefer the company where the 8 hour penalty hardly ever affects me over the one where I had to wait for days for a load on a regular basis.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
classadriver in another thread said:
I am new so don't jump on me yet please.
Nobody has jumped you yet, but then you follow with these gems.

In this thread:
I am just getting around to t-state does not mean its my first rodeo I am sorry if I didn't ask about the fed or panther.
I don't think anyone cares that you did not mention them nor did I see anyone ask why you don't consider them.

I am sorry if I didnt ask about the fed or panther.
The only poster to mention them was Zoli and you. Zoli I believe is with Tri-State, and you are joining them.

and before any other carriers driver jumps in and says panther will let you book your own loads and wants to become a cat recruiter
Nobody said anything.

so unless your at Tri-state or have been then imo I dont need yours.
Kind of speaks for itself.

Then why oh sage one, didn't you use all of that knowledge to know enough to ask those questions prior to making a commitment to the carrier in the first place??

not a recruiter.
Well if you would have made that comment in your first post there would have been fewer responses for you to sort through. But nowhere did you request answers only from people at TS

I was away and unable to defend myself

You had no need to defend yourself nor do you now have a need to defend your comments.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Correct indeed...Every company has warts, some of which you can overlook, and some that become a downright pain in the arse. No one likes to take a load barely over 100 miles, and then sit for eight by rejecting it. But, it is not a policy set in stone- is it forced dispatch: to ask is to answer. They want to cover the freight and not only keep customers but gain new ones.
One correction should be noted: one also gets to keep his number one position. Sometimes in this kind of economy, perhaps you should take that, and look for another one. We all know that what is on the other side of that mini, is something better. If not for today, perhaps tomorrow. Sometimes perhaps it is better to work smart, than throwing up red flags to trip yourself...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Correct indeed...Every company has warts, some of which you can overlook, and some that become a downright pain in the arse. No one likes to take a load barely over 100 miles, and then sit for eight by rejecting it. But, it is not a policy set in stone- is it forced dispatch: to ask is to answer. They want to cover the freight and not only keep customers but gain new ones.
One correction should be noted: one also gets to keep his number one position. Sometimes in this kind of economy, perhaps you should take that, and look for another one. We all know that what is on the other side of that mini, is something better. If not for today, perhaps tomorrow. Sometimes perhaps it is better to work smart, than throwing up red flags to trip yourself...

Probably good advise for the original poster. He would have been better served to to converse with you verses the expert claim "he could school someone in expediting".:rolleyes:
He should have had this information PRIOR to any type of orientation.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
The key word here is HAD not has.

No FedEX Still use's DVA Linda. So the key word is HAS!!! It is used with the new system they rolled out. Unless FedEx lied to everyone when they rolled it out.

Last edited:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We do not have to wait for dwell time to start in home express center nor if we refuse a load do we wait 8 hours to receive another offer.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
We do not have to wait for dwell time to start in home express center nor if we refuse a load do we wait 8 hours to receive another offer.

Yea we know that, but you said they had DVA. They did away before you started Linda. As far as the 8 hrs thing FedEx never did that. If you refused two loads in a row you was placed out of service until you talked to someone.