TRANSIT WOES

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So the throttle body? First mine, then Uncle Bob, then Moot and now WOM. I'm seeing a trend here. Possibly another recall coming up soon!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: ntimevan

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So..... shudder under load between 1800-2000 rpm with a tach bounce. Is this something you guys recognize it just started tonight ... lovely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So..... shudder under load between 1800-2000 rpm with a tach bounce. Is this something you guys recognize it just started tonight ... lovely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOM is the expert on the shudder issue. But can I ask at what mileage the shudder started showing up? And how many miles are on your current spark plugs? I had a shudder but had it repaired and haven't had it come back in over 80K+ miles. I've changed my maintenance intervals since it was fixed. Been successful with it ever since.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
200,000 miles on an electronic throttle body? As far as I'm concerned it served its purpose, don't complain about having to change it, no different than changing spark plugs, they wear out after so long.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
200,000 miles on an electronic throttle body? As far as I'm concerned it served its purpose, don't complain about having to change it, no different than changing spark plugs, they wear out after so long.

Yup, that is now my understanding after talking to mechanic here in Houston. That I have 275,000 is considered above average. The things you learn

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So the throttle body? First mine, then Uncle Bob, then Moot and now WOM. I'm seeing a trend here. Possibly another recall coming up soon!

someone make up a letter with all your names and VIN numbers/model year and send it off to Ford Headquarters...registered letter.....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have never ever replaced a throttle body....isn't that weird?....

...3 times.... the amount of transmissions I've replaced in 1.2 million miles...

I guess you guys will slowly find out just how long the life span of the Transits parts are.....EVERY part has an expiry date...

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Yup, that is now my understanding after talking to mechanic here in Houston. That I have 275,000 is considered above average. The things you learn
next is a new engine....guess we will find out what them engines are really made of...

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Fordproblems.com will give you a little education on Fords history of this,and other, problems.
There are similar lawsuits already.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have never ever replaced a throttle body....isn't that weird?....

...3 times.... the amount of transmissions I've replaced in 1.2 million miles...

I guess you guys will slowly find out just how long the life span of the Transits parts are.....EVERY part had an expiry date...

next is a new engine....guess we will find out what them engines are really made of...
Ford is trying to create a Goverment Stimulus package for Transit Owners ....

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Issue has been in other models for years.
Soccer Moms can't handle limp mode.

Ford upped the warranty on some models to ten years.
And 150,000 miles.

If you want to truck, you should buy a truck.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
this thread is looking more and more like a Sprinter thread.....LOL
Yeah, it kinda is, ceptn' for the cost of parts and labor.
labour is the same by the looks of it...110 - 120 per hour....not all sprinter parts are expensive considering the life span....if Fords have to do throttle bodies twice as often as Sprinters, that makes the Ford just as bad...?...
but I digress this is a Transit thread...back on topic...:)