Tragedy on the race track.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I guess reading what happened is not important. How one must handle a sprint car, to gain control etc.

The idiot should NOT have been on the track, HIGH. From what other racers are saying, Tony did NOTHING wrong. WARD was committing a CRIMINAL ACT, not to mention he endangered the lives of everyone out there with his irresponsible and reckless behavior. What he did was NO DIFFERENT than an expediter, getting drunk, and heading down the highway.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Tony Stewart sees Ward walking on the track waving his finger. He says to himself 'Who does this young punk think he is?Tony Stewart? I'm the only Tony Stewart, Nascar Champion Tony Stewart. I think this whippersnapper needs to learn a lesson and have a dirt sandwich courtesy of my tires. I'll just hog him a little bit. That will teach him that there is only one Tony Stewart . Take that, kid.... Oops.'
Thump....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Tony Stewart sees Ward walking on the track waving his finger. He says to himself 'Who does this young punk think he is?Tony Stewart? I'm the only Tony Stewart, Nascar Champion Tony Stewart. I think this whippersnapper needs to learn a lesson and have a dirt sandwich courtesy of my tires. I'll just hog him a little bit. That will teach him that there is only one Tony Stewart . Take that, kid.... Oops.'
Thump....

According to the article I read, and I know NOTHING about it otherwise, one MUST hit the gas to gain control over the steering of a sprint car. I bow to the expert that wrote the article.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thump....
Good to see the Amazing Kreskin posting here.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
According to the article I read, and I know NOTHING about it otherwise, one MUST hit the gas to gain control over the steering of a sprint car. I bow to the expert that wrote the article.
Evidently if one would want to control the vehicle to get close to the kid to spray mud on him. You also need to accelerate to kick the back end out. That dynamic will make the mud kick up and spray the intended target.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Evidently if one would want to control the vehicle to get close to the kid to spray mud on him. You also need to accelerate to kick the back end out. That dynamic will make the mud kick up and spray the intended target.

That is NOT what the article stated. That is ALL I know, besides the FACT, PROVEN FACT, that Ward was committing a CRIME, DRIVING IMPAIRED, and showing ZERO regard for those who were on that track, himself included.

Intent could NOT be proved against Stewart, according to the grand jury.