Tragedy on the race track.

rymilburn

Active Expediter
Remember that Stewart had an incident on the same track a year ago where he critically injured a 19 year old girl . He took full responsibility for his actions.

Look up his rap sheet, there is a long one . He's a hot head. I don't have an opinion either way... It's tragic any way you look at it.

All I know is Stewart needs to be treated like any other member of the public & not given "celebrity" status. If it was just some joe out there that ran someone over and killed them... What do you think would of happened ??

Mdbtyhtr

Expert Expediter
If it was a local racer we would neither hear of the incident or be discussing it. As to the sprint cars, no radios, no mirrors and limited visibility due to the helmet bracing on the right side. It is designed to prevent stretching your neck due to G forces. I do not believe Stewart reved his engine, it would have brought his rear around to the right. He turned to the right, to avoid the 45 car in my opinion.
Scott

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

muttly

Veteran Expediter
You can hear him rev his engine during impact. He tried to buzz him and ended up clipping him. The sprint vehicle on the mud track, fish tails when you hit the gas, and it just caught him. He probably wouldn't have hit him if he was in his NASCAR vehicle.

Mdbtyhtr

Expert Expediter
Muttly, I am well aware of how a car handles. I raced USAC midgets, Super Sprinters, Dirt Latemodels and currently Nascar Latemodels. I hold to my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
The mother of the guy killed is basically saying never mind my son was HIGH driving a race car..got out of the car on a track with moving cars..JUMP on Tonys car...NEVERMIND all of that..focus on RICH evil Tony stewart that killed my son ...

heres a quote from the mother:

“Our son got out of his car during caution while the race was suspended,” she said. “All other vehicles were reducing speed and not accelerating except for Tony Stewart, who intentionally tried to intimidate Kevin by accelerating and sliding his car towards him, causing this tragedy. The focus should be on the actions of Mr. Stewart and not my son. This matter is not at rest, and we will pursue all remedies in fairness to Kevin.”

sounds like a money grab to me..

lesson of the day..dont jump on moving race cars HIGH and you wont die.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know if it is a "money grab", or not. It could be. That does not change the fact that he should have NEVER been driving a race car, or any other kind of vehicle, while under the influence. It PROVES that HE had no regard for the lives or safety of those around him.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
well...she said "we will pursue all remedies in fairness to Kevin.”..criminal prosecution is impossible now..so its all civil now...civil = $$..

Fairness is ..mommy needs a new house and Cadillac..( he was un married so all civil winnings go to mom and dad)

your correct..he cared 0 for others saftey..the whole thing screamed that he was a cocky kid who wanted to be the the one to confront Tony..be the big guy on the track that put Tony in his place..
well..........

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's amazing that in such a profile case the toxicology report didn't become public until after the grand jury's decision. The key evidence at the grand jury trial was the 2 videos and the toxicology report. In any case, you can't get drunk and drive into a tree and then sue the state for allowing trees in such close proximity to the road. If it comes out in a civil trial that Ward was impaired, that's where the trial ends.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"If it comes out in a civil trial that Ward was impaired, that's where the trial ends."

At least that is where it SHOULD end. Who knows what will happen? Reality does not always come into play in the courtroom. Neither does ideas like responsibility or common sense.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think in civil court a percentage of responsibility can be figured in. If that's right ward being impaired could still result In a judgment against stewert.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ward should have NEVER been on that track. He was a danger to himself and others. Ward should have also never left his car, again, putting himself, and others, in danger by his actions. The medical examiner said that the level of THC in his system was high enough to cause impairment.

By his own actions Ward proved that he had no regard for himself, or anyone else on that track, by driving a race car while impaired. Lest we forget, it was illegal for him to be smoking pot on the first place. Which proves that, in addition to everything and everyone else he showed no regard for, he also has not regard for the law.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This article puts it all into perspective.

[h=1]In strange twist, grand jury decision shows intent of a different kind in Tony Stewart – Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy[/h]
"Intent is one of the most difficult things to prove in court, particularly if there is no premeditation or it’s clear beyond a reasonable doubt that an assumed blatant and overt act has not been committed."

In strange twist, grand jury decision shows intent of a different kind in Tony Stewart ? Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy | MotorSportsTalk

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Ward being under the influence of weed is IRRELEVANT as to the actions of Tony Stewart. It's not in dispute that Ward shouldn't have got out of his vehicle and walked on the track. Everyone agrees it was a bad idea, regardless of what was in his bloodstream. BTW no toxicology tests were performed on Stewart after the race. You know, the guy that hit him. No blood test, which could have easily been done. Just some 'expert' interviewed him and said yep, he's clean.
Stewart was the only vehicle on the track that night who sped up and swerved into Ward on a caution. You can see it on the tape and hear it on the audio .

muttly

Veteran Expediter
"If it comes out in a civil trial that Ward was impaired, that's where the trial ends."

At least that is where it SHOULD end. Who knows what will happen? Reality does not always come into play in the courtroom. Neither does ideas like responsibility or common sense.
So using this logic anyone who happens to be under the influence and does something stupid is totally responsible for any actions of another person, regardless of how reckless that may be.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Well he was stoned....his parents and friends owe Tony 1 hell of an apology! !!! ..but..there still blaming Tony...obviously with NO guilt..comes NO payday! !

DA: Kevin Ward Jr. was under the influence of marijuana
THEY'RE still blaming him as they should. I wouldn't count on any apology. Having marijuana in his system changes things how? Drivers occasionally get out of their vehicles and walk on the race track, who are presumably not high on anything, even TONY STEWART.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mC8Jyuryc_s

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
It's amazing that in such a profile case the toxicology report didn't become public until after the grand jury's decision. The key evidence at the grand jury trial was the 2 videos and the toxicology report. In any case, you can't get drunk and drive into a tree and then sue the state for allowing trees in such close proximity to the road. If it comes out in a civil trial that Ward was impaired, that's where the trial ends.
A drunk driver hits a tree. He gets out and he starts walking. Another driver speeds up and swerves into him intentionally because he hates drunk drivers. There's still culpability of the driver.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
The mother of the guy killed is basically saying never mind my son was HIGH driving a race car..got out of the car on a track with moving cars..JUMP on Tonys car...NEVERMIND all of that..focus on RICH evil Tony stewart that killed my son ...

heres a quote from the mother:

“Our son got out of his car during caution while the race was suspended,” she said. “All other vehicles were reducing speed and not accelerating except for Tony Stewart, who intentionally tried to intimidate Kevin by accelerating and sliding his car towards him, causing this tragedy. The focus should be on the actions of Mr. Stewart and not my son. This matter is not at rest, and we will pursue all remedies in fairness to Kevin.”

sounds like a money grab to me..

lesson of the day..dont jump on moving race cars HIGH and you wont die.

The video shows Ward jumping on the car? It actually shows him leaning backwards prior to moment of impact to avoid the buzzing from Stewart.

About the 1 min. 18 sec. mark.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ULjf2kvvSLg

Last edited: