Toyota recall

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Has anyone experienced a noticeable increase in business as a result of the recall?? Or, are they orchestrating truck load and LTL to take care of the moves?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why would there be an uptick over this? Wouldn't it just go back to normal then? Man we been so busy I couldn't take an uptick...even Chef has been runnin his butt off....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
yea any "up-tick" would be short lived, but there would be some more shipments for a short period ,,,,at least i would think...unless as the Col , it couls all be truckload and ltl...but yea i have been real busy since goin back in service after the holidays.....but no complaints at all....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would think the opposite would occur...as Toyota shut or slowed production to wait for the replacement parts..
that the other suppliers that WERE behind would get a bit of a chance to catch up and there'd be a lull in Toyota expedite.
For awhile at least...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hey OVM, you mean you really run that dirty ole automotive freight? YEW!!!! We only run clean freight! We are "freight snobs"!!! LOL!!! :p

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yepper, that nice "clean freight" we haul pays wonderful and we never get grease on our floor!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
you should come off that pedestal and come down in the trenches and work like " A Real Man" *LOL*

Now where did I hear that before? Soapbox maybe? jab/jab:D

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Last night I delivered a load of "PEDAL ASSBLY ACCEL LHD" to TMMI - and every one of the plastic totes had special bright orange tags taped to them, indicating they were a newly revised QC'd part.

They went directly into the plant, and not to the logistics warehouse where I've always delivered before.

Expect them to have this handled in short order - they are on it like dogs on a bone.