Touchdown Jesus/John Matuszak

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
The Catholic Company, the World's largest Catholic Store
Catholic Statues & Figurines, Religious Statues | The Catholic Company

Statues, statues, get your statues! All the popular statues! Jesus statues, Mary statues, even statues of the entire Holy Family! All Saints on Sale!

I can see the humor and humor is a choice, but beware of the spoken word into creation, they have a way of coming back at you. Now that said, that is a opinion of mine , but freewill has been given to us. No criticism meant, its just something I have learned the hard way in the past..

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Christian humor doesn't have to be an oxymoron, you know.

If God is so fragile that he can't handle a little humor, then it's no wonder he's so insecure to be as jealous as he is purported to be.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Jesus was the "son of God". I would argue those who worship Jesus as God are actually breaking the 2nd Commandment.

Those pesky Romans wrote the New Testament, not God. Something about what is Ceasar's?

LOL. Hawk, I assume you speak in jest? ;)

Christians have this one all wrong for the most part. The reason Our Lord stated this answer to a tax question is because it was actually Ceasar's money, and was thus inscribed. Most Christians use this wrongly to imply it's OK to tax one's wages as if it's the same thing. It is not.

Last edited:

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
I can see the humor and humor is a choice, but beware of the spoken word into creation, they have a way of coming back at you. Now that said, that is a opinion of mine , but freewill has been given to us. No criticism meant, its just something I have learned the hard way in the past..

The born again Christian should not be exercising free will, but is to do the will of The Father. Free will is what get's us in trouble and started the whole thing in The Garden. Do as though wilt, make your own choices, and choose for yourself what is right and wrong......was very instrumental in the 60's hippie movement, but is not of God.

It's interesting to read these post, and with no judgment intent whatever, it must be stated that God is not controlling the events of this world on the ground....so to speak. It may surprise some to know who is. For instance:

Matt 4
[8] Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
[9] And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
[10] Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

There can be no temptation if one does not own or posses what is offered, and notice Our Lord did not dispute the claim.

John 8
[23] And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

1 John
15] Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
[16] For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
[17] And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Again, who is running around to see whom he can devour? This is Satan's playground and always has been. God places His protective hand on those who worship things from above. He restrains the power of darkness as He wills, based on obedience. One only needs a quick glance at the book of Job for confirmation of this.

Now, for those who do not believe? It's all hogwash right? But again, this posting is not directed at non-believers, but posted in support of those who do.....all three of us. :) :D

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The born again Christian should not be exercising free will, but is to do the will of The Father. Free will is what get's us in trouble and started the whole thing in The Garden.
What do you do when you come to a fork in the road?

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
What do you do when you come to a fork in the road?

John 16:7

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

The Holy Spirit guides a believers path. This comes from personal experience and scripture itself. Believe me, I've been down many wrong ones.

Last edited: