Touchdown Jesus/John Matuszak

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Standing tall and proud now, full body Jesus, instead of upper torso only signaling a touchdown. Locally folks called him The Butter Jesus, as it was the color of butter. Melted like butter too, when the hand of god struck it down with lightning.

guido4475

Not a Member
Ya know something isn't right in that church when God lets such a beautiful statue get struck by lightning.And gets caught on fire.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
The new and improved Jesus is quite a bit more "Catholic looking". Kind of like a concrete statue one might have in an English garden.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Gather 'Round Jesus

"Gather 'round little fishies, I've got a multitude to feed."

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Which flea market is better?

Ask Jesus.

I was at the big annual Orphan's Festival in Louisville last year, a huge raucous gathering of the multitudes. There's a statue of Jesus out front of the main building. This guy was standing there on his cell phone, waving with his free arm at someone on the other side of the crowd and yelling into the phone so he could be heard:

"Do you see Jesus? You need to find your way to Jesus!"

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
21c when the hand of god struck it down with lightning.[/QUOTE said:
I'm glad you used lower case (G) to show it wasn't God the father but some little god who roams the earth seeking who he may devour. Contrary to what insurance companies say, natural disasters are not acts of God. But possibly acts of A lessor god.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
NOTHING like, in a country that prides itself on it's religious freedom, to see SO many ridiculing other's expression of their beliefs.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
LOS, I wasn't commenting on your post at all.

Though, in reply to your post, I'd have to say there is a difference in outright ridicule of religious beliefs and some friendly jabbing.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
LOS, I wasn't commenting on your post at all.

Though, in reply to your post, I'd have to say there is a difference in outright ridicule of religious beliefs and some friendly jabbing.

Okee Dokee then, sorry I mistook it.

No comment on the rest.

moose

Veteran Expediter
O.K i have to ask.
Butt, M.T,
on the top of the mountain there's a huge white structure that looks to me like the So.Paulo Jesus.
but from the Interstate down the city i can't tell, and Google is dumb.
anyone know?