Tonight's pep rally

greg334

Veteran Expediter
So I think the three to four hour programming of the Obama show, including the pre-prep rally run up and the post prep rally republican response (which in itself is very childish) is a waste of time for the country.

I feel the state of the union rally is become nothing more a pep rally than anything else. The build up to tonight's event seems to be more than that of the oscars and some game shows.

He is not telling us anything and really it is not an important speech.

The history and importance of the speech by the president on the state of the union seems to be lost with the hype and rock star promotion that has gone on in the past 20 years. It isn't just Obama, but Reagan through Obama has had the same style of build up, less from a republican administration but a lot more from the democrat administration. Some are making out as a big deal that the SC justices won't be all there, and tonight they are praising those who helped "one of our own" during an "attack on the US government" - giffords.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Sure Am glad that I have my movie channels to watch instead of watching that P.O.S. and the rest of his criminals sitting there with the big dog crap grin of theirs cheering him on:D

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
From the little bit I have heard, it is another pep talk to support his new stimulus package. This time it is to keep up with China and India and we must sacrifice some more in order to do it.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
You'd have to watch it, but you could play one of those "Adult drinking games" with this tonight...take a shot of your fav adult hard booze each time he speaks of "investment", being civil" and "he won't rest" until jobs coms back...

The "he won't rest" until job or unemployment is fixed is something he has said for over a year...so i gues between his vacations, time out of the WH and not resting.....he isn't able to sleep or rest much....:rolleyes:

All you are going to get tonight is his oratory skills, while not saying a thing....He will try and show he is moving to the center and away from the left...BS.....BUT..the media will tell us after that he did a great job and that he is the best thing since sliced bread and chris matthews will get another "tingle" up/down his leg....

I have heard that there will only be 1 Supreme court Justice there this time also.....

I'll be watching the reports from Daytona on the Speed Channel...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would rather stub my right big toe REALLY REALLY hard on a piece of angle iron at 3AM on the way to the bathroom to throw up than listen to Obama speak about ANYTHING!! Unless it is his "farewell address" when he FINALLY leaves office. Seems like that putz has been bothering me for EVER!!!

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
I would rather stub my right big toe REALLY REALLY hard on a piece of angle iron at 3AM on the way to the bathroom to throw up than listen to Obama speak about ANYTHING!! Unless it is his "farewell address" when he FINALLY leaves office. Seems like that putz has been bothering me for EVER!!!

Don't hold back Joe, Tell us how you really feel:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Don't hold back Joe, Tell us how you really feel:D

LOL!!! I hold back MOST of the time, don't want to get kicked off the forums. That would likely happen if I ever REALLY said what I think about that sorry, no good for nuthin', son of a bean picker Obama!!

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
LOL!!! I hold back MOST of the time, don't want to get kicked off the forums. That would likely happen if I ever REALLY said what I think about that sorry, no good for nuthin', son of a bean picker Obama!!

I know what you mean, If I was to really speak my mind about the Excrement living in the White House then you sure would have some company:D