Toll cheaters

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
you know them stick on renewal stickers in the upper corners....a buddy of mine once cut down a match book cover red with small white lettering when the stickers were red that year....no way from any distance could one read them anyhow....LOL
There we have it........Canadians are Reds.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A slight detour from the original thread but does Ohio charge more for a tall van than a regular height van? I recently have been getting my tolls paid according to routing and I am not required to submit receipts. I come up a few dollars short on my settlement when running the Ohio Pike.
I know WV does charge more for Sprinter size vans, $3.25 instead of $2.00...

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Doesn't the cameras at the toll booth also show the drivers and truck markings?
Even without a tag, they would know who the carrier is that ran through.
No the cameras are facing the rear and front of the vehicle where there are no names only at dot scales do they use name readers

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I know WV does charge more for Sprinter size vans, $3.25 instead of $2.00...
They charged me more when I used to pay cash, then I got a transponder and when I use the EZ Pass only lane I get charged the car rate.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Sounds like truckers b.s.

That's because they are doing it wrong. They have plastic covers that can go over your license plate and when the camera takes a picture of it, the numbers will be blurry. I don't know if it is illegal to have those on your truck, but people out here use them for red light cameras!

tseders93

Active Expediter
Driver
That's because they are doing it wrong. They have plastic covers that can go over your license plate and when the camera takes a picture of it, the numbers will be blurry. I don't know if it is illegal to have those on your truck, but people out here use them for red light cameras!

That show mythbusters on the discovery channel determined that isn't true.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Now we know how the yellow Penske trucks can run for such low rates. They cheat the toll booths, and they probably syphon gas from our vans while we're sleeping. J/K lol

Reactions: OntarioVanMan