Today's New Truck Drivers and Their Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camper

Not a Member
Experienced and Professional Expediters are ready to help you make smart decisions. Not OTR
Don't ya all think it is time to move unto Safe Expediters driving habits?

Well, apparently, we have a cohort who think a dead horse is such a terrible thing to waist. Why upset the apple cart? :rolleyes:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Paul,

If Swift is your definition of the worst training company, them my goal is to become by your definition the worst OTR cargo van training company. You could only name 2 companies who were better.

I only named those two companies that were better because they are comparable in size. I can list more, Prime, WEL, Maverick, Roehl, USA, FFE, CRS, Boyd, TransAm, CRST,etc., but I didn't see the point.

JB Hunt had to get out of that business side of it because they couldn't safely make a profit at it. Acompany that had to leave the new driver training market is by my definition worse than onewho can successfully turn out one of the highest numbers of new drivers every year.

Yes they had a bad training program and many issues. The company has since changed to improve pay and benefits, their maintenance program is still lacking. We were comparing current training programs though not the worst of all time and not the companies.

Can you name 10 companies that can successfully train more new drivers than Swift? If not, I think that makes them quite eliteat what they do and one of thebest.

So you think minimum training and rushing to get drivers in a first seat position makes them better at what they do, I thought I remember a complaint about CDL mills being posted earlier.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Camper

Not a Member
Paul,

If Swift is your definition of the worst training company, them my goal is to become by your definition the worst OTR cargo van training company. You could only name 2 companies who were better.

JB Hunt had to get out of that business side of it because they couldn't safely make a profit at it. Acompany that had to leave the new driver training market is by my definition worse than onewho can successfully turn out one of the highest numbers of new drivers every year.

Can you name 10 companies that can successfully train more new drivers than Swift? If not, I think that makes them quite eliteat what they do and one of thebest.

The issue seems to be that he and his cohort have succumb to band wagon syndrome. It will be interesting to see what his response to your question is if he can actually answer it without Cherri coming to his aide by trying to ward you off. I guess that a new twist of Bait and switch.

Camper

Not a Member
I guess you are referring to yourself since you still haven't let it go even with no response from me.

EDITED FOR CONTENT....OVM...Argumentive...rough play

Last edited by a moderator:

Camper

Not a Member
Especially when it is quoted by someone that has to say something.

The same person who conveniently failed to respond to this question:

Just what else do you "think and believe"?? Kinda curious myself. You seem to type a lot on here, are you under employed?? Gimme some facts, steada jes tinking & believing.

If you need something to do.....I read on Yahoo today.....seems there are plenty of feral hogs to dispatch in your area.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
128803162715277534.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No, I am not in any way affiliated with Swift, in any way, shape or form, so you can put that conspiracy theory to rest. My issue is with those who make such broad, sweeping statements about a program, based on regurgitated news from 3 years ago. 3 years is an eternity in this industry. That being said, I read those stories back when they were actually newsworthy. I don't need to read them again.

With all due respect, you're the only one who's getting all defensive with the sophomoric name calling after your assertion was challenged. You're entitled to your opinion but when you state it as fact which you did, whether you know it or not, you set yourself up for rebuttal.
Oh good grief. When someone says "X carrier is the worst," clearly that's a statement of opinion, as by definition "best" and "worst" are subjective, not objective, and those coming up with "best" and "worst" get to define the parameters of the criteria which determines their decision. To even think that a subjective opinion is uttered to be absolute fact is more than ignorant, and to go on and on about it is just flat out retarded. Those aren't adjectives, either. Those are straight up descriptions. You are what you type on here, and if you're even half as intelligent as you are arrogant and condescending, you'll fully understand that.

And don't even try bringing in the "Attack the post, not the poster" deal, as you attacked the poster because you didn't like how he phrased something. That's hypocrisy squared, and it opens the door for this post where I'm giving you my opinion of how you are acting.

Man, I still cannot believe you got so bent out of shape over the use of the word "worst", a wholly and completely subjective word. Sheesh. Every time I think about it, it's like, "You have GOT to be kidding!"

Swift was raided and briefly shut down 3 years ago, had several followup visits after they reopened, and were again the recipient of another unannounced visit by the TBI this past November as part of an ongoing investigation of immigrant document fraud involving both drivers licenses and immigration papers (green cards and residency cards), as well as to investigate allegations where people took certain tests at the school on days they were not even there. The TBI has put undercover officers through the school as part of their ongoing investigation. That's not an eternity ago, it's current events.

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say. A fool speaks because s/he has to say something"

I can't believe you have the gall to post that, insinuating it applies to someone else. You should go back and read what all you posted, and pretend someone else posted it. Maybe then you'll recognize hypocrisy and irony when it slaps you upside the head.

Now, if anyone has anything intelligent to add to the discussion of today's new truck drivers and their training, fine. Anything else will likely just be deleted as being off-topic.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Camper...let it go....it does not warrant an answer...Col never sticks around long enough to care...actually he doesn't...LOL
Thank gawd the Calvary showed up....

Last edited:

Camper

Not a Member
What is there to respond to? It is just your cohort trying to stir the pot, really nothing more than acting as a troll.

No such relation other than to say he's probably in the business longer than you've been alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.