TK

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I think they need to make another Borat movie where Borat explores America in a Penske box truck. I have lots room in this big yellow truck. I keep three chicken inside sleeper. You'd roll up into Laredo and Borat would be hosting cockfights. You bet 10 dollar per fight! house take 20 percent of all winners! I not care I sit here 1 month. I make more money on chicken fight than drive out of Laredo.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
i drive big, big, big long yellow truck. I have three long trailer with air break on them. Sometimes we load them down so heavy bumper drag across road and make spark like low-rider car. Engine strong like bull! Truck have power to climb mountain with 15 skid in back. Only problem is we get 5 mile per gallon. I love this type work. It better than sit home listen to wife complain about not having money to pay cable bill.

perfect!!!

turritrans

Expert Expediter
I drive big, big, big long yellow truck. I have three long trailer with air break on them. Sometimes we load them down so heavy bumper drag across road and make spark like low-rider car. Engine strong like bull! Truck have power to climb mountain with 15 skid in back. Only problem is we get 5 mile per gallon. I love this type work. It better than sit home listen to wife complain about not having money to pay cable bill.

Or better yet:

YESS IT TEAM, WE GO STRAIGHT NO STOP

meanwhile 3 hours after loading truck stops moving on the satelitte, dispatch or driver doesn't answer the phone.... you start setting.up a relay because you know Ivan Drago the driver has to be a single driver and Borat the dispatcher lied his butt off!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Or better yet:

meanwhile 3 hours after loading truck stops moving on the satelitte, dispatch or driver doesn't answer the phone.... you start setting.up a relay because you know Ivan Drago the driver has to be a single driver and Borat the dispatcher lied his butt off!

Happened to me once. We had a team load from Chicago to Hartford, CT that we had to use another carrier because our truck broke down. I was told it was a team truck, only to find out the next morning that the solo driver in a day cab was shut down by DOT in PA. Then I had to find another carrier to take it the rest of the way.

turritrans

Expert Expediter
Happened to me once. We had a team load from Chicago to Hartford, CT that we had to use another carrier because our truck broke down. I was told it was a team truck, only to find out the next morning that the solo driver in a day cab was shut down by DOT in PA. Then I had to find another carrier to take it the rest of the way.

What is up.with Chicago based carriers? This seems to be the norm now a days.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Then they are running at .94 cents according to you. No wonder you are beetching if they pay you .94 and you think you are only getting .70. Good grief. :rolleyes:
Also......you are absolutely clueless as to what really goes on in Laredo. The problem isn't Panther or E-1.
The problem is nameless carriers that take YOUR van load and come out with two or three others on the same vehicle at .50 cents a pop.

You notice he doesn't come on here anymore. Then again, he's laughing all the way to the bank... 'Industry shmindustry."

Just tried to check their safersys. The guv is charging $20 for what should be free and public information.

Last edited:

jimlookup

Seasoned Expediter
Which only serves to artificially inflate capacity which drives down rates thru the basics of supply and demand. So who makes more or saves? I have beat this horse again and again.

Yeah, well, still waiting for someone to design software to ease this problem. Load boards claim not to have a horse in this race, because it's not their venue to stabilize or keep keep rates profitable, but they are the ones posting all these fictious trucks.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Or better yet:

That's why I hate the brokering business. I had a driver from Green Pro Fuels disappear for over five hours on an expedited tractor load. His dispatch couldn't get a hold of the guy for 5 hours and when they finally got a hold of him, he said he was broke down somewhere. Then we found a swap location and he drove his "supposedly broke down tuck" to the cross-dock and dropped the load off like nothing had ever happened. What really cracked me up was when Green Pro Fuel got all bent out of shape when we discounted them 300 dollars on the load. I should have discounted them 100 percent of the money seeing that they were kicked off Sylectus for failure to pay their membership fees. lol. I tell you it is rough being a broker when one bad company or driver can cause you to lose a very important customer.

Also a lot of drivers lie about being a team. That's all fine and dandy if you can handle the driving. But some drivers bite off more than they can chew. I can do 1000 miles in 16-17 hours and still squeeze in a half an hour sleep break. I can go from Los Angeles to Detroit in 46-47 hours and still catch two four hour sleep breaks along the way. I usually drive 1k miles take a 4 hour break, then drive another 700 miles and take another 4 hour break, then finish up the run. I believe I did that once when I was on a load for Turri. It was a load from Santa Ana to Illinois. I got it through Demaris Transportation. You gave it to Charles because he has a good working relationship with your company!

I bet I can out-drive quite a few drivers even handicapped like I am now. Any how, what I don't understand is why doesn't Sylectus have a carrier rating system. A lot of carriers get away with a lot of stuff and unless all of the subscribers have been burned by a particular carrier, they can potentially harm the reputations of the other carriers. I know they've recently implemented a carrier rating system, but I don't think it goes far enough. Also, as in the case of the load that I brokered out to Green Pro Fuels, I think the driver knew that he wasn't going to get paid for the load and dumped it before he quit. So, some of the smaller companies that do not pay their drivers like All Types should be considered a company not to broker a load to. One of their drivers might hold your customers freight hostage due to a pay dispute! There is just so much that can go wrong when you put your freight on someone else's truck.

turritrans

Expert Expediter
That's why I hate the brokering business. I had a driver from Green Pro Fuels disappear for over five hours on an expedited tractor load. His dispatch couldn't get a hold of the guy for 5 hours and when they finally got a hold of him, he said he was broke down somewhere. Then we found a swap location and he drove his "supposedly broke down tuck" to the cross-dock and dropped the load off like nothing had ever happened. What really cracked me up was when Green Pro Fuel got all bent out of shape when we discounted them 300 dollars on the load. I should have discounted them 100 percent of the money seeing that they were kicked off Sylectus for failure to pay their membership fees. lol. I tell you it is rough being a broker when one bad company or driver can cause you to lose a very important customer.

Also a lot of drivers lie about being a team. That's all fine and dandy if you can handle the driving. But some drivers bite off more than they can chew. I can do 1000 miles in 16-17 hours and still squeeze in a half an hour sleep break. I can go from Los Angeles to Detroit in 46-47 hours and still catch two four hour sleep breaks along the way. I usually drive 1k miles take a 4 hour break, then drive another 700 miles and take another 4 hour break, then finish up the run. I believe I did that once when I was on a load for Turri. It was a load from Santa Ana to Illinois. I got it through Demaris Transportation. You gave it to Charles because he has a good working relationship with your company!

I bet I can out-drive quite a few drivers even handicapped like I am now. Any how, what I don't understand is why doesn't Sylectus have a carrier rating system. A lot of carriers get away with a lot of stuff and unless all of the subscribers have been burned by a particular carrier, they can potentially harm the reputations of the other carriers. I know they've recently implemented a carrier rating system, but I don't think it goes far enough. Also, as in the case of the load that I brokered out to Green Pro Fuels, I think the driver knew that he wasn't going to get paid for the load and dumped it before he quit. So, some of the smaller companies that do not pay their drivers like All Types should be considered a company not to broker a load to. One of their drivers might hold your customers freight hostage due to a pay dispute! There is just so much that can go wrong when you put your freight on someone else's truck.

DAT, Get Loaded, ITS does not police the carriers eithier; they just collect the fees. That being said those boards are strickly load boards and do not offer an operating system. Unfortunatley most new carriers coming on are not good at all, in fact cause these issues we all speak of. Looking at the expedite industry, the freight pimps have beat down the rates so much its all about price and no so much service anymore. If a carrier screws up, the 3PL just wacks the settlements and passes it onto the customer and all is forgiven. This environment has created these rate chopping carriers that can't provide service.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
What do you carriers think of a solo van doing LA to Detroit in under 48 hrs ?

Is this the norm in vanning ?

Last edited:

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
That's not ridiculous. I run AT 75 MPH any time the limit is 70+. That allows TWO 7 hour sleep periods, I think.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What do you carriers think of a solo van doing LA to Detroit in under 48 hrs ?

Is this the norm in vanning ?

Zorry - I did a Compton California to Toledo Ohio in 46 hours. The owner of the company I delivered to was watching my 3 hour updates on Panthers Broker Web. He was like "dat some work right there yo." He thanked me and gave me a 20 dollar tip after he unloaded my van. I did that run and had plenty of rest along the way! Took the mans 20 dollars and went and got a shower and the all you can eat dinner buffet at the Petro in Perrysburg! It was a great day knowing that I serviced the customer! That is what expediting is all about.