Those Blair Drivers

biggballer70

Active Expediter
I don't know that it was ALL negative. Seemed like a relatively honest accounting.

I will say that the GPS tracking being of no value to a driver is probably a little shortsighted. Knowing your location enables the carrier to find you loads.

They know where you are going to be at to get a load seeing as they sent you in that area to deliver and if you leave the area then you still have to call and get the ok from dispatch . No help for the driver at all as I broke down and all the dispatcher could tell me is " Yeah , I can see you are in the middle of nowhere and we cant send help to you so it looks like there is a town in the opposite direction if you can get there 20 some odd miles back . " They only call you to give you load info . This is a cost that the company passes on to the drivers that the company should acquire the fees for and not the driver . It cost the driver $17.50 a week to have in company owned vans and have no use from it . These are solely for the company and as such they should acquire the cost of them and not pass it on to the drivers .

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some shippers will not use a carrier that does not have live tracking so the driver can benefit from it. Not that much different than paying for qualcomm.

Sent from my Fisher Price X900 via EO Forums

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
People who read my posts can tell you how funny it is for you to refer to my former co-driver as my husband.

The implication that you are someone's wife is probably the funniest thing I've read in a loooong time.
Because I think you'd have to be the husband in the relationship - just sayin.

;)