This waiting period!!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Hi Cheri1, Just stating that it was a holiday weekend, and fleet owners might be out and about enjoying the long weekend.

I will share a cookie with you if it puts a smile on your face. It may be my first few posts, but I've been out here as a commercial driver for 20 plus years. Plus a fleet owner in expediting for about three years.

Have a great day, glad I could make you laugh!

Hey geffrey, if you've been reading here for that long, you know I have a proofreader's eye and warped sense of humor, [bad combo, lol] and what caught my attention is the number of years of membership vs the number of posts. Someone with your experience probably has some good stuff to share, I bet. At least more often than once a year!
Thanks for the smile. :eek:

geffrey

Seasoned Expediter
Hi Cheril, You are very correct, it is time for me to get more involved with this industry, and share my knowledge and experience.

I guess I ponder many different views here, wondering how some circumstances took place after reading their story?

Your suggestion made to me, will make a better change on making more than one comment a year to this forum.

Your warped sense of humor is appreciated great as their is so many sad views in this business.

Humor is the best medicine!;)

Give yourself a pat on the back!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Give yourself a pat on the back!
2fd038e.jpg

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At some carriers it doesn't matter if the vehicle is out of service. You can still be called for a random. Best bet is to turn the phone off when out of service, or don't answer calls from your company.
Is that the way it is a Landstar? At Panther it is the driver that goes out of service. Since I am a solo driver/owner it also means my vehicle is OOS. If I ever got called for a random while OOS I would tell them to take a FFAARD.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If you go OOS at the Fed it means the truck.
You can be called.
I know drivers that will go through the process of also placing the driver OOS if they know they will be drinking.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you go OOS at the Fed it means the truck.
You can be called.
I know drivers that will go through the process of also placing the driver OOS if they know they will be drinking.

That is correct. You have to request that the drivers be taken OOS.