This waiting period!!

santana

Rookie Expediter
Hello everyone i have just been cleared by panther to work for them as a independent contractor driving team in a straight truck for a fleet owner but now that i have done everything i was told my next step is to just wait to be contacted and i have bills to pay. How can i make myself accessible for fleet owners to contact me

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hello everyone i have just been cleared by panther to work for them as a independent contractor driving team in a straight truck for a fleet owner but now that i have done everything i was told my next step is to just wait to be contacted and i have bills to pay. How can i make myself accessible for fleet owners to contact me
Use the free classified section of EO to post a driver available ad.

Expediters Online.com - The Expedited Freight Information Center

geffrey

Seasoned Expediter
Relax, many fleet owners are reading your information now. Today is an holiday, people are getting away from their business for a much needed brake. Enjoy your Freedom today!

You will be contacted soon enough with many owners that have interest in your services.

TDave

Expert Expediter

Panther places you on a list which is given out to prospective owners. You'll get phone calls off the hook probably by tomorrow I expect. When I started about a year in a half ago I got approved thw next day I had about 10 calls. The next day even more.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using EO Forums mobile app

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Since it isn't mentioned, the OP doesn't say whether he had been qualified via background checks. If going through the holiday, that takes a few extra days. Most won't call unless you have cleared.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Where are you from and are you willing to drive Team? That is the most important thing owners like myself from Panther will ask you.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Relax, many fleet owners are reading your information now. Today is an holiday, people are getting away from their business for a much needed brake. Enjoy your Freedom today!

You will be contacted soon enough with many owners that have interest in your services.

I waited until there was time for the OP to respond, because I didn't want to hijack the thread - but I have to say, with just one post per year, 'geffrey' made this one a doozy, lol.
Never mind the logic of fleet owners reading the ads on the day of their "much needed brake" [sic], that last line is just....I don't know - weird, I guess. Chinese fortune cookie, anyone? ;)

geffrey

Seasoned Expediter
Hi Cheri1, Just stating that it was a holiday weekend, and fleet owners might be out and about enjoying the long weekend.

I will share a cookie with you if it puts a smile on your face. It may be my first few posts, but I've been out here as a commercial driver for 20 plus years. Plus a fleet owner in expediting for about three years.

Have a great day, glad I could make you laugh!

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
Had a dissppointing day yesterday, too many van drivers in our fleet or we dont have anything Its 3:30 and still havent gone to bed yet.

I guess, I'll have another Jack & coke....might get some sleep before daylight.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a dissppointing day yesterday, too many van drivers in our fleet or we dont have anything Its 3:30 and still havent gone to bed yet.

I guess, I'll have another Jack & coke....might get some sleep before daylight.

Having a drink while in service is a termination event at most carriers

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
I dont drink and drive, was at home.

Sorry for my whining like a baby, just was upset about the way things are progressing.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Understood Joe. Just ribbin' ya.
It has been "slower" since Easter week.
Up and down, but plenty of down.
Hang in there.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Having a drink while in service is a termination event at most carriers

At some carriers it doesn't matter if the vehicle is out of service. You can still be called for a random. Best bet is to turn the phone off when out of service, or don't answer calls from your company.