Things to ponder

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
When you mentioned Diamond-Reo, before they were Diamond- Reo, it was Diamond T and Reo Speed Wagon. They merged, I believe in the early sixties.

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Are you referring to Diamond RIO; the "country" group? I don't believe they have any association with REO Speedwagon,
past or present.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
One of the more recent ones to fall was Rolling Rock beer (aka "The Green Death" ..... as we fondly knew it in my youth) .... although it is still being produced by whoever bought 'em out they shut down (or will be shutting down) the brewery in Latrobe, PA ..... so much for using that "spring water from the Laurel Highlands" as the critical ingredient ...... :eek:

Last edited:

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Freightchaser, "Diamond Reo" was a Truck single and double Axel. Before they were "Diamond Reo" "Reo" Speed Wagon was one Trucking Co, and "Diamond T" was another. I drove both of the older Models in the early sixties, they were Dump Trucks. There also was "Brockway" a subsidiary of Mack Trucks

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
How about Iron City? If my memory still exists wasn't that a Pittsburgh Beer.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I was gonna mention Iron City. When I was stationed in NY, I would grab my Gunny some Iron City in Erie on my way back from leave in MI.