Things to ponder

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just about all of us have had to drive all night to make a 0600 delivery somewhere. So instead of listening to George Norry and Art Bell I thought I would post things to think about.

1 We have been told that the universe came about due to a BIG BANG. Question is who mixed the ingriedents and lit the fuse. Question 2 is what was here before the big bang happened.

2. The same people tell us that the Universe is expanding. Question is what is it expanding into and what will happen when that entity dcides it has had enough.

3 Astromers can look at a star and tell us that that light started out 189.6 million years ago. Question is How do they know that.

4 Why doesn't the 5th can of beer taste as good as the first.

5 Why is it when anything you eat that tastes good is bad for you

6.Why do some people dislike other people because their skin color or religious beliefs are different from their own.
Fallen names in Ground Transportation.

Trailways,Pennsylvania RR,New York Central RR. Erie RR,Great Northern RR,Northern Pacific RR,Western Pacific RR,The Milwaukee Road RR. Desoto, Oldsmobile,Willys,Henry J,Kaiser
Fraser,Hudson,Nash,Packard,Studebaker,Crosley Indian MC,Marmon,Diamond Reo,Autocar,
Power Glide,Blue flame 6, Hydramatic,Fluid Drive,dual carbs,steel pack mufflers.

Fallen names in Air Transportation.

Allegeny,Lake Central,North Central,Mohawk,Central,Republic,Southern(remember those Martin 404's) Air Cal,PSA,Western,Pan American,National,NorthEast,Eastern,Trans Carribean and my personal favorite TWA.

Finally to end this useless thread with a subject close to my heart.

Fallen Beer Brands.

Falstaff,Jax,Pearl,Utica Club,Schaeffer,Ballantine,Rehingold,Knickerbocker,Piels,Carling Black Label,Strohs,Blatz,Schlitz.Billy Carter Beer, and some rotgut out of New England called
Naraganseet.

Drive Safe

F

Last edited:

are12

Expert Expediter
Thanks Rich, Just what I needed, MORE to think about while I am driving those long nights - like I don't have enough to think about already!!:D:D

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Rich,here's a couple that got missed.

Ground transpotation :plymouth

Beers : Wiedemann This brand is listed under the all time worst brands,and it was said that you had to have several just to be able to get one down LOL. DD.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Thats right,Piedmont bought Empire airlines and subsequently merged into Allegeny which changed it's name to US Air. I thought Stohs and Sclitz went away,I remember when Schlitz was considerd a premium beer.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Thats right,Piedmont bought Empire airlines and subsequently merged into Allegeny which changed it's name to US Air. I thought Stohs and Sclitz went away,I remember when Schlitz was considerd a premium beer.

Rich,
Both of Schlitz's and Stroths were considered good beers but mass marketing and mass production of cr*p beer prevailed. There are 1000's of old names gone in the beer world and it used to be that the local beers had great taste and a great following. But Stroths is now considered nothing like the real thing, just like Vernors.

Vernors was the first soda made in the US in the real soda sense. It used to be made on Gratiot and had a very different taste due to the pepper and stevia that was used to make it but since they were sold off in '66 and now are mass produced by Cadbury Schweppes (first A&W bought them), it tastes like a bad version of bathtub gin - if you know what the real thing tastes like.

Nothing like a boston cooler with the real vernors on a hot summer evening.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]"I think our new slogan, "Seeing is Believing," really captures the spirit here at Panther. We are making changes to improve our operations and procedures and those changes will have a positive impact on our owner-operators and drivers and their bottom line." [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Critter Truckin

Expert Expediter
[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Trebuchet MS,Verdana,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]"I think our new slogan, "Seeing is Believing," really captures the spirit here at Panther. We are making changes to improve our operations and procedures and those changes will have a positive impact on our owner-operators and drivers and their bottom line." [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Fallen names in expediter's minds??? Moot.

But then again, we've all kind of fallen off then haven't we?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ooooops

32.gif

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

Reminds me of Sen Sasser of TN before the 94 election. "I've been here 18 years, and it's about to pay off for the ppl of Tennessee!" It did pay off for the ppl of TN... he was outted.

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
I want to add to Rich's list.........Snakes? What about snakes? When was the last time you saw a snake on the road? Dead or
Alive? :cool:

Oh yeah, something else.....I think it would be cool to be a bird.