The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
No. I live in the city.
BTW, my condolences to Lebron and the Cavs. At the end of the day they just couldn't get it done this year.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
This didn't take long. I had a feeling that Trump using Neil Young's music would be a problem.:rolleyes:

Donald Trump campaign fires back: We paid to use Neil Young's song
Now Playing
Neil Young doesn’t like Donald Trump using his song

Neil Young isn't too happy with Donald Trump.

The New York real estate mogul arrived on stage at his campaign kickoff announcement Tuesday as the sounds of Young's "Rockin' In The Free World" blared through the atrium at Trump Tower in midtown Manhattan.

ADVERTISEMENT

The only problem? Young blasted the Republican candidate following his announcement, with the rocker claiming Trump didn't have permission to use the music.

"Donald Trump was not authorized to use 'Rockin' In The Free World' in his presidential candidacy announcement," a statement from Young's team released late Tuesday read. "Neil Young, a Canadian citizen, is a supporter of Bernie Sanders for President of the United States of America."

However, when FOX411 reached Trump's campaign manager for comment, he sang a very different tune.

“Through a licensing agreement with ASCAP, Mr. Trump’s campaign paid for and obtained the legal right to use Neil Young’s recording of ‘Rockin' In The Free World,'" Trump's Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski told us. "Nevertheless, there are plenty of other songs to choose from. Despite Neil’s differing political views, Mr. Trump likes him very much.”

It's not the first time -- or even the first time this year -- a candidate has been chastised by a musician for use of a tune. When Marco Rubio played the electronic hit "Something New" at a rally, the duo behind the song spoke out almost immediately, declaring Rubio hadn't obtained permission to use the song and they "don't want to be affiliated with a particular party during the upcoming presidential race."

Similarly, back in 2012, when Mitt Romney played Silversun Pickups' "Panic Switch," the band sent the Republican candidate a cease and desist letter and guitarist Brian Aubert declared, "We don't like people going behind our backs, using our music without asking, and we don't like the Romney campaign."

Plus, there can be a big cost associated with using a hit song to promote a campaign.

John McCain said in 2008, though he was a huge ABBA fan, he gave up on using one of their tunes at his campaign events.

"It's more difficult to play 'Let's Take A Chance On Me' than I thought," McCain said at the time, according to Reuters. "It gets expensive in a big hurry and if you're not careful you can alienate some Swedes."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
He's a douchebag who likes to fleece the rubes.
How exactly does he "fleece the rubes" and who, exactly are these "rubes"? Maybe you'd like to explain this otherwise inane, pointless comment.
His oversimplifying of difficult issues resonates with the Republican base and rubes.
Are you even aware of his positions on any issues, difficult or otherwise? If so, to which oversimplified "difficult issues" do you refer?

Here's two back-to-back insubstantial posts that do nothing except offer pointless name-calling at Republicans aka rubes.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
He's not a serious candidate ... though he'll probably try to stick around long enough to get in some of the debates.

The showstopper will be having to file the FEC financial disclosure ... which he won't do. He'll probably ask for an extension to buy some time, but in the end disclosure will be a bridge too far for The Donald.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
How exactly does he "fleece the rubes" and who, exactly are these "rubes"? Maybe you'd like to explain this otherwise inane, pointless comment.

Are you even aware of his positions on any issues, difficult or otherwise? If so, to which oversimplified "difficult issues" do you refer?

Here's two back-to-back insubstantial posts that do nothing except offer pointless name-calling at Republicans aka rubes.

The first two questions were reasonable. The rest of the post wasn't, until you've heard the reply.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
At least some of his message is appealing to people. Conservatives either like him a lot or dislike him and think he isn't a serious candidate.
He's a bit of a dichotomy. He has many conservative views and has supported some conservatives, but has also given money to radical Democrats such as Harry Reid and Hillary Clinton. He is very good in interviews, heaps glowing compliments with the interviewer, and appears very likable. He also can be extremely thin skinned when someone criticizes him. He holds grudges and involves himself with petty public slamfests with people such as Rosie O'Donnell and NRO's Jonah Goldberg. His large ego makes him prone to silly political mistakes, but it also helps him to be bold with his message and ideas. His pluses are that he has some bold ideas and is an interesting person who grabs the attention of people. He'll make a very interesting candidate. He also has plenty of money to compete. His minuses are that his braggadocios trait will turn some people off.(maybe a lot) He will probably say some things that will be lambasted in the media. He'll have to endure the unrelenting caricaturization by those in the media and political pundits.
IMO, he's is a person that I mostly like, but there are a few characteristics about him that I dislike as well.
I read somewhere that if it came down to Jeb Bush or Donald Trump to vote for, he would pick the latter. I can't say that I would disagree with him.

"Thin skinned" and "holds grudges" are automatic disqualifiers for a POTUS, [in case that gawdawful hair wasn't enough!]

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
Didn't the tax payers bail out that billionaire once apon a time if I recall. He'll give comedians a lot of material till the primaries, so that's good.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
He'll give comedians a lot of material till the primaries, so that's good.

Probably so. The comedians will feel liberated to go after Trump as well.
FNC's Greg Gutfield had an interesting take with this on his show:

Excerpt from site below:
(See first min. of video# 4 from top with comedians' reactions to Trump also)
Greg noted the joy expressed by comedians such as Larry Wilmore, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert when Donald Trump announced his candidacy for president.

"See, these poor souls have been stuck for years in the joke desert with President Obama," Greg said. "As long as Obama's on the main stage, it's a chastity belt on your funny bone."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/06/...ts-joanne-hit-streets-watch-dads-do-dad-stuff

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This didn't take long. I had a feeling that Trump using Neil Young's music would be a problem.:rolleyes:
What songs, "Don't Let It Bring You Down" or "Running Dry"? Possibly it was David Crosby's "Almost Cut My Hair".

Reactions: muttly

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
10292162_714913318621300_3524902195454935014_n-jpg.11339

You should seek help. You could have Self-Injury Disorder.

Reactions: aquitted