The Trump Card...

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
I think Bill gates should be the next president.
Just because someone is smart or successful doesn't mean they would be a good president. Obama is smarter and more successful than most of us on here put together and non of you like him. Be careful what you wish for.

Reactions: skyraider

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
There is something to be said for a candidate that hasn't been bought off.

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't think he would spend his own money knowing he doesn't have chance. Or, maybe him think he does.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
He likely thinks he does. He does have billions verses millions so I think he is ok with using his own funds. Especially since he has brought it up several times. Kind of adds fuel to the fire as he is currently the top candidate polling out of the republicans.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A few millions of dollars is pocket change to a multi-billionaire. He could lose a billion and still squeak by, I think.

Millionaires can still be bought, billionaires not so much. Billionaires have "FU money," which Trump illustrates very well. He says and does whatever he wants and tells everyone else FU.

That may or may not be a good quality to have in a president. o_O

Reactions: muttly and davekc

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If this keeps up, it will be the first time I would ever DVR a debate :p

Washington (CNN)Businessman Donald Trump leads a new Republican presidential nationwide poll released Tuesday, marking the first time he's held the top spot since announcing his candidacy.

Trump secured 17% support, according to the Suffolk University/USA Today survey. Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush garnered 14%, while the rest of the 2016 field remained in single digits: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, the newest entrant to the race, was at 8%; Texas Sen. Ted Cruz at 6%; Florida Sen. Marco Rubio at 5%; Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee at 4%; and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie at 3%.

Reactions: Turtle

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump would likely be a significant improvement over what we have now but almost anyone would be some degree of improvement. I'd like to see something put Bush out of the race. He is not a good choice even if he is better slightly than what we have.

Reactions: muttly

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I'm not sure Bush will go the distance. Not really sure he is in it to win it. Right now it is anyone but Hillary.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm not sure Bush will go the distance. Not really sure he is in it to win it. Right now it is anyone but Hillary.
IMO, Bush is in it to win it. He has received a lot of the establishment donor money. Many conservatives aren't enthused with him though, but he will probably cobble together most of the establishment vote to be competitive. Rubio is fading in the polls and may not have enough conservative support.
I thinking the field will be reduced down to Walker v Bush for the nomination, with Trump as a wild card.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
If you rightwingers think your gonna "fix" things in this country you better get some better candidates that what you have so far. I'm not impressed and I wanted to be. >:

Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you rightwingers think your gonna "fix" things in this country you better get some better candidates that what you have so far. I'm not impressed and I wanted to be. >:
They have like almost 20 candidates. Governors, Senators, doctors, business people, a women, different ethnicities,Conservatives, RINOS, and a Libertarian leaning candidate. But none of them have enough appeal?:rolleyes:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Hopefully you are not impressed with Hillary. :cool: