The Trump Card...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
That is quite possible, well unless she gets indicted. :D
That ought to be the worst nightmare for some ... since the spread (all ages) between Sanders and Trump is even greater than it is between Hillary and Trump ...

And the trend line (RCP) shows that the Sanders vs. Trump spread is growing ...

I would say Kasich would be a good alternative against her but he doesn't have that national appeal. Or at least not at this point.
We have a long ways to go.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That is quite possible, well unless she gets indicted. :D I would say Kasich would be a good alternative against her but he doesn't have that national appeal. Or at least not at this point.
I think of all of the candidates who have entered the nomination race for Democrats and Republicans, going back to the earliest days of the Republican Sweet Seventeen, Kasich would by far make the best president. He is one the only presidential candidate with both executive and legislative experience, having served nine terms as a U.S. Congressman from Ohio (1983 to 2001), and is a two term governor. He understands thoroughly the relationship of power between the states and the federal government. He has private sector experience, where between his stint in Congress and becoming governor, he was the managing director of Lehman Brothers' office in Columbus from 2001 to 2008. Plus, he was the chairman of the House Budget Committee for six years. He knows what makes a healthy economy.

He has a long track record of pushing for, and in getting a balanced budget. The balanced budget and surplus that Clinton gets credit for, in cooperation with Gingrich, was designed and spearheaded by Kasich. And he took Ohio from a huge deficit to a surplus, and reduced the size of state government in the process. Democrats don't like the way he did it, by cutting local government and school funding (which, oddly enough, has resulted in more local government employment than before he took office), which makes what he did even better. because he cut the exact expenditures that needed cutting.

During his time at Lehman Brothers he was also a Fox News contributor with "Heartland with John Kasich." Normally that might be a big strike against him, but (A) he managed to get the gig while not being blond, and (B) refused to film the show in New York and instead filmed it in Columbus, which initially pissed off the Fox News brass something awful.

He was on the House Armed Services Committee for 18 years, and is a little too hawkish. He's a little too eager to get involved and meddle on the conflicts and affairs of other countries, and too quick to want to use military might in foreign lands in lieu of patience of diplomacy. So that deserves a close watch.

I don't agree at all with his position of being so adamantly and actively against pro-choice with respect to abortion, but no candidate is perfect.

But the main reason I think he's make a good president is, he's made two statements in the past with which he has governed his entire political career - he talks the talk, but he also walks the walk.

"When we have anemic growth like we have today, it isn't because the federal government fails to do enough, but because it succeeds in doing too much. If we want to get serious about economic growth, we need less government and more us."

"Too many politicians worry about getting elected as they do their job. If they worried more about doing their job they'd get elected."

Reactions: RLENT and davekc

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
More fallout from the thuggery from Donald's Campaign and Breitfart's attempts at appeasement:
Fallout... thuggery... such drama. Add in fake pseudonyms, fake outrage, hurt feewings, BuzzFeed, Twitter, GOP conspiracy, and new video showing the actual violent, thuggish assault, and you can see why the charges will be dropped and why everyone is scattering. Fight back the tears, Michelle, fight them back.

A world-class news organization they clearly are not ...
They're a conservative news Blog. That's it. They make up stuff all the time.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
VERY nice misrepresentation of the actual headline. Well done!
Actually ... it was an accurate representation of the headline on the story - at the time I posted originally loaded the page and copied it.

Do keep in mind that this is digital media, which exists in an easily changeable form ... and not something printed on physical media ... ;)

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
"...but also halt his presidential bid by uncovering and exposing embarrassing information."

Good luck with that, Anonymous. Trump is unembarrassable.
He may well be ... however I wouldn't necessarily count on the same being true for all his supporters, or the fence sitters.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Actually ... it was an accurate representation of the headline on the story - at the time I posted originally loaded the page and copied it.
Nice save with the strikethrough. I had read the article with the updated headline at least 10 or 15 minutes before you posted the old headline. Gotta be quicker. :D

Do keep in mind that this is digital media, which exists in an easily changeable form ... and not something printed on physical media ... ;)
Which is why ya gotta be quicker and not let tabs get stale before you post them. :pokepoke:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Fallout... thuggery... such drama. Add in fake pseudonyms, fake outrage, hurt feewings, BuzzFeed, Twitter, GOP conspiracy, and new video showing the actual violent, thuggish assault, and you can see why the charges will be dropped and why everyone is scattering. Fight back the tears, Michelle, fight them back.

They're a conservative news Blog. That's it. They make up stuff all the time.
So apparently this is about Lewandowski grabbing her arm (perhaps firmly and/ or aggressively) to keep her distance from Trump? This looked like it took all of a couple seconds. IMO this is blown out of proportion a bit. Shapiro detests Trump and he hates that Breitbart gives mostly favorable coverage to him. His resignation may have been brewing for awhile.Then he talks to Breitbart's arch enemy BuzzFeed.
Burned that bridge on the way out.:D

Reactions: Turtle

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Nice save with the strikethrough. I had read the article with the updated headline at least 10 or 15 minutes before you posted the old headline.
Doesn't seem likely ... considering I posted it @ 20:12 ... and it was updated at 20:10 ... :D

Which is why ya gotta be quicker and not let tabs get stale before you post them. :pokepoke:
Yeah ... two minutes ...

I'll try harder the next time, really I promise ...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
So apparently this is about Lewandowski grabbing her arm (perhaps firmly and/ or aggressively) to keep her distance from Trump?
Nah ... it was to shut her up and prevent her putting The Donald on the spot with a tough question.

This looked like it took all of a couple seconds.
So does a punch ...

IMO this is blown out of proportion a bit.
Tell it to me when it's your daughter or wife getting manhandled ...

Reactions: cheri1122

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Doesn't seem likely ... considering I posted it @ 20:12 ... and it was updated at 20:10 ... :D
I don't know what to tell ya...

og=Open Graph Protocol call for the original page layout
pubdate=publish date
og:pubdate=OG call at original publish date
The "T" in the date/timestamp doesn't stand for anything, it's just a delimiter/separator that the ISO 8601 combined date-time format requires.
The "Z" refers to the "zone description" of zero hours as offset from UTC. (for EDT, "11:54:41Z" and "15:54:41-04:00" are the same thing)
The timestamp in bold is the time of the pubdate

<meta content="Sheriff's office will not file charges against Trump - CNNPolitics.com" property="og:url">
<title>Sheriff's office weighing charges against Trump - CNNPolitics.com</title>
<meta content="2016-03-14T11:54:41Z" name="pubdate">< property="og:pubdate>

<title>Sheriff's office weighing charges against Trump - CNNPolitics.com</title>
<meta content="2016-03-14T15:03:52Z" name="pubdate">< property="og:pubdate>

<meta content="2016-03-14T16:18:32Z" name="pubdate">< property="og:pubdate>

<title>Sheriff's office will not file charges against Trump - CNNPolitics.com</title>
<meta content="2016-03-14T18:59:24Z" name="pubdate">< property="og:moddate>

<title>Sheriff's office will not file charges against Trump - CNNPolitics.com</title>
<meta content="2016-03-14T19:43:11Z" name="pubdate">< property="og:moddate>

<meta content="2016-03-14T20:10:27Z" name="pubdate">< property="og:moddate>

<meta content="2016-03-14T20:58:02Z" name="lastmod">< property="og:moddate>

The way these things get updated throughout the day it's sometimes hard to keep up with all the changes, and it's easy to miss many of them.