The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump's view of himself and himself as president is noteworthy.

Jan 16, 2018: "I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius ... and a very stable genius at that!"
Aug. 21, 2019: "I am the chosen one."
Aug 23, 2019: "Our great American companies are hereby ordered to ...." and "I am ordering all carriers, including Fed Ex, Amazon, UPS and the Post Office, to SEARCH FOR & REFUSE all deliveries of Fentanyl from China (or anywhere else!)"
Oct 12, 2019: Trump referred to the beginning of his presidency as "when I took over the United States.'"
Can you provide the source for that last quote? I haven't been able to find it. I could have very well just missed it but i looked at most of his text from last night. Unless he gave two speeches yesterday. He could have mispoken or he may have said more after that quoted sentence such as: "When I took over( as president),,,,, the United States...

The " chosen one" comment, I mean,has anyone one heard the phrase "its a dirty job, but someone has to do it"? Or "nobody else wanted to do it, so i have to"? And is there really a third of the population that doesn't understand sarcasm as well?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's really not. All politicians, presidents especially, are quite narcissistic, and view themselves in the same manner.
Jan 16, 2018: "I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius ... and a very stable genius at that!"
Aug. 21, 2019: "I am the chosen one."
Aug 23, 2019: "Our great American companies are hereby ordered to ...." and "I am ordering all carriers, including Fed Ex, Amazon, UPS and the Post Office, to SEARCH FOR & REFUSE all deliveries of Fentanyl from China (or anywhere else!)"
Oct 12, 2019: Trump referred to the beginning of his presidency as "when I took over the United States.'"
Are you trying to convince people you hate Trump? Cuuuuuz, we already know that. The disdain is not only palpable, but tasty.

Reactions: Moot and muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ok I found the quote. He immediately says after that quote: "when I became President " correcting himself. Meaning when he took over as president.
What's wrong with you? You can't just go and give something the proper context like that! The liberal's bread and butter is out-of-context quoting and makin' stuff up. WIthout that, they got nothing. Sheesh!

In any case, the president's original comment wasn't even wrong, or incorrect. When someone becomes the Chief Executive Officer of a company, or a country, they literally take control of the company or the country. It's what preside means.

Reactions: Moot and muttly

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's really not. All politicians, presidents especially, are quite narcissistic, and view themselves in the same manner.
So are some former expediters.

Are you trying to convince people you hate Trump? Cuuuuuz, we already know that. The disdain is not only palpable, but tasty.
I can understand people's dislike of Donald Trump the citizen. But the overt hatred for Donald Trump, POTUS baffles me. If Trump and I were of the similar age, economic status and had other commonalities, I serious doubt we would be friends. I have brought this up at gatherings with both liberal and not so liberal friends. If Trump was one of us, would he have been invited to this gathering. The answer is always no. I understand this. But to hate Trump the President, a President that has kept or working to keep his campaign promises. A president that has accomplished so much with the House, the media and half the country against him is astonishing. If he wins a second term and continues being Trump, in 30 years he could go down in history as one of the greatest presidents. That will piss alot of people off while Trump laughs from the grave.

Reactions: Turtle

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At this point, compared to Pence. OUR SOLDIERS ARE UNDER FIRE BY TRUMP'S FRIEND!!! Pence is not an out-of-control narcissist. Pence would never put our troops in such a situation.
Over a year ago Trump proposed a 90 day plan to draw down U.S. forces. He later modified that to a partial reduction. All he wants is for our so called European Allies to shoulder their share of the costs in both human lives and money.

Reactions: Turtle and muttly

ATeam

Retired Expediter

I don't hate Trump. I feel bad for him. He's on a path to no good end and it's a sad story working itself out.

What deeply troubles me is that a man who is not fit to lead occupies the most powerful seat in the world. His narcissistic impulses and self-centered actions are undermining our democracy and eroding America's standing among nations. It troubles me deeply this is going on. For the sake of our democracy and the rules under which our political leaders are fairly elected, Trump's impeachment or re-election loss cannot come soon enough. Civility and decorum in public debate is also important to me and Trump inflames the opposite. That's another reason I'd like to see him go. When he's out of the White House, his bully pulpit will be diminished.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragman and Grizzly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
More platitudes. What exactly has Trump done to "undermine our democracy"?His impulse to get out of foreign conflicts? What path to no good are you specifically talking about? One could argue that the Dems have undermined our Democracy and especially this President by their actions such as pushing this phony Russian collusion narrative, and now the phony Ukraine whistleblower impeachment inquiry. Trump has released transcripts with foreign leaders to try to appease the Dems.( It's never done)You think all this phony inquiries doesn't undermine our President when it comes to negotiating trade deals or nuclear disarmament pacts with foreign leaders. Some of the other Nation's leaders look at the this and tell themselves: "We'll just wait until Trump is impeached or out of office in a year and we can go back to playing the Dems again.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
After probably realizing that the whistleblower may be a losing hand, Adam Schiff said he may not need whistleblower afterall because they have the transcript of the call.
Yeah, no Schiff.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I will go with the conspiracy. Maybe one whistleblower? Maybe a made up one. Maybe no whistleblower at all.?
As for Trump, democrats haven't put forth a formidable candidate. Trump will win again if they dont. Trump filling arenas tells me where the enthusiasm is.
As for Syria, 9 people so far have gotten killed. That is a couple hours over the weekend in Chicago. We been there long enough with no real support. He is delivering on his campaign promises. They should have known it was coming. It wasn't like it hasn't been discussed before.

Reactions: muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Just another story that proves why companies have an entire wing of accountants, not so they can make the numbers right, its to make the numbers show whatever the CEO wants them to show.

Is anyone (even the Trump fanboys) really surprised that the 2 sets of documents do not match? Kind of like a trucker running 2 log books....
"... giving a lender different figures than they provided to New York City tax authorities."

Despite the claims in the article, that's not even a little bit unusual for any commercial property anywhere in the United States. Property is routinely valued differently depending on the reason for the valuation. This range story was a story in 2917 that went nowhere, but now for some reason (I kid, I know the reason) ProPublica felt the need to recycle it anew.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"... giving a lender different figures than they provided to New York City tax authorities."

Despite the claims in the article, that's not even a little bit unusual for any commercial property anywhere in the United States. Property is routinely valued differently depending on the reason for the valuation. This range story was a story in 2917 that went nowhere, but now for some reason (I kid, I know the reason) ProPublica felt the need to recycle it anew.
2917?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its looks like the debate went well,,,,,I didn't see it....
I also missed it. It would have been worth enduring its entirety just to hear the candidates answers to Cooper's question about Ellen DeGeneres' friendship with George Bush. Everyone knows she loves bush. She's been out of the closet for years! What a stupid question!:p

• Haha
Reactions: Grizzly and muttly

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As always, Trump is getting his message out. What's different now is an increasing number of people dislike the message.

It's important to note that the white evangelical Christians, white men without a college degree and rural whites don't go away when they fade from the pro-Trump side of the polling. They have Twitter accounts of their own and they continue to interact with their peers in their communities.

That scene is changing as the base erodes. The same men will likely meet after work but one or more of them might wonder aloud if Trump will be impeached, or argue aloud that he should be. The impeach-Trump message is also making its way into the base, offsetting or eroding the influence Trump's messages once had. He can and will broadcast unceasingly to his base but that does not seem to matter as much as it once did.
Do you talk politics with your gym clientele or overhear their discussions with one another? I would think a gym in your location would be teeming with white, blue collar, evangelical Christians lacking any post secondary education. Are all your Trump supporting clients abandoning Trump? Do you believe they will support Bernie Sanders in 2020 just so he can give them a free upgrade to a Life Time Fitness or LA Fitness membership? Keep your ear to the lockeroom door and keep us updated.