The Trump Card...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump is easily the funniest president we've ever had. His dramatic reading of the Strzok and Page texts was just off-the-charts brilliant. "Oh I love you so much. I love you, Peter! I love you too Lisa! Lisa, I love you. Lisa, Lisa, Oh God! I love you, Lisa."
I nearly peed my pants.
Yes, this was exactly what had me laughing.

Reactions: Turtle

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Barr, the US Attorney General, met with Rupert Murdoch. Wonder what they had to discuss?
Shepard Smith is out.
I'm sure it's just a coincidence ...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
He was fired for impersonating a journalist.
I do think he quit on his own, but I also know that he has been repeatedly told to keep his bias out of his news reporting, something that he more and more was unable to do. Since Trump became president the temptation to interject a biased phrasing or a little word in here and there was just too much. He got his widdle feewing hurt when Tucker Carlson clapped back recently after Shep called Tucker "repugnant" (which is not a fact, it's pure opinion) and especially when Tucker dedicated an entire segment of is show to clapping back at Shep. His coverage of Trump pulling troops out of Syria (all 51 of them) was just dripping with disdain and he didn't even try to hide it. It was so opinionated and lacking in facts that it was jarring.

When it comes to anchoring breaking news, coordinating efforts and getting the fact outs there, there's no one better than Shep. He's certainly the best I've ever seen. But when there's no breaking news afoot, and his hands and mind are idle, he just can't stop himself from paying around in the Devil's Workshop of opinionated news delivery.

Reactions: muttly

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I once walked into a working class bar in our city...
Wow! That must have left mark. I picture in my mind a large steel girder hanging from a crane. Certainly would cause more damage to you than walking into a juice bar, salad bar, gay bar or even a sports bar.

The impeach-Trump message is also making its way into the base, offsetting or eroding the influence Trump's messages once had. He can and will broadcast unceasingly to his base but that does not seem to matter as much as it once did.
That wasn't evident at the Trump rally in Minneapolis last night.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
His boyfriend, who also worked at Fox, reportedly also is no longer working there. Don't know exactly what happen there though.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
How much longer are people willing to support a lunatic, self-proclaimed "stable genius" as president?

"The Pentagon, however, later corroborated Newsweek's report, with spokesperson Navy Captain Brook DeWalt saying "U.S. troops in the vicinity of Kobani came under artillery fire from Turkish positions at approximately 9 p.m. local Oct. 11."

Why is Trump silent in response to this attack? Not only have our Kurdish allies been betrayed, our solders are UNDER FIRE!!!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How much longer are people willing to support a lunatic, self-proclaimed "stable genius" as president?
Compared to what? A deer in the headlights. An Indian (feather not dot). A Green Wienie. A man and our money. So far there is no decent candidate in the current field of Democrats. I will support President Trump throughout his current term and give him another 4 years unless someone better comes along.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Compared to what?

At this point, compared to Pence. OUR SOLDIERS ARE UNDER FIRE BY TRUMP'S FRIEND!!! Pence is not an out-of-control narcissist. Pence would never put our troops in such a situation.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
61 months.
Why is Trump silent in response to this attack?
Are you upset that the same man who Tweets too much isn't Tweeting about it? He demanded that Turkey avoid actions that could result in immediate defensive action by US troops, especially outside the Security Mechanism zone and in areas where the Turks know U.S. forces are present.
Not only have our Kurdish allies been betrayed, our solders are UNDER FIRE!!!
FIrst, soldiers in a war zone being under fire. I'm shocked, shocked, I tell you. Second, the Kurds aren't really an ally in the large scope of things. We went into Syria to fight ISIS, and that particular goal aligned with the Kurds, but while the Kurds were ally in the fight against the Islamic State, once that particular fight ended so did the alliance between the Kurds and the US. Trump pulled out abut 50 troops, very few of whom were actively engaged in any battles. Now, people (mostly ignorants) think we should go to war with an actual NATO ally in order to protect the Kurds, who have been fighting with the Turks for more than 400 years. How long should we stay there? Until Turkey is defeated? Seriously?
Pence is not an out-of-control narcissist.
How do you know?
Pence would never put our troops in such a situation.
Oh, so you can read minds. That's amazing. To date, in our lifetimes, we have had but one president who really, really didn't want to become entangled in foreign wars. that didn't directly involve US interests, especially those conflicts which have already been multi-generational. That one president is the glaring exception to the rule. What makes you think Pence, or another other future president, will also be the exception?

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Trump is giving his third speech in as many nights right now. He's hitting back against the Dems, while they conive in secrecy. He's also talking about not be entangled in wars. Amusing to see that some are Hawks now as soon as Trump says he wants to opt out of foreign conflicts.

Reactions: Turtle

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just curious. Can anyone tell me if the SDNY is a leftist front group?
Boy Mutt, you really have lost it.

That has to be the most ridiculous post in The Trump Card thread yet.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Boy Mutt, you really have lost it.

That has to be the most ridiculous post in The Trump Card thread yet.
Maybe some shouldn't be so gullible that certain justice operations don't get politically compromised.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Political...... perhaps, but calling the court a front?
Yeah, you know in "essence"? Just the impression I get from observing. I don't know a lot about the office, but it seems I always hear about investigations targeting a Republican or the comments from former SDNY prosecutors on Twitter that are fervently anti Trump. Ok, they happen to be former now, but i doubt that they just shut off their partisanship when they were there. It's disappointing to see this, but i see it all the time from the likes of Preet Brahara or Ellie Hoenig . (Former SDNY prosecutors)
Screenshot_20191012-222118.png

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Trump's view of himself and himself as president is noteworthy.

Jan 16, 2018: "I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius ... and a very stable genius at that!"
Aug. 21, 2019: "I am the chosen one."
Aug 23, 2019: "Our great American companies are hereby ordered to ...." and "I am ordering all carriers, including Fed Ex, Amazon, UPS and the Post Office, to SEARCH FOR & REFUSE all deliveries of Fentanyl from China (or anywhere else!)"
Oct 12, 2019: Trump referred to the beginning of his presidency as "when I took over the United States.'"