The Trump Card...

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And Survey says.....Wall of steel for show...... and...... a wall of laws and punishments to stop the flow
Yep. They know that because they're not from Mexico they can't be immediately deported back to Mexico, and they know if they bring a kid with them they can say "asylum" be be released into the US after 20 days, never to be seen again.

Yeah until they get arrested for something else then end up in ICE custody and then start crying because they are going to get deported, all because they didnt show up for their asylum hearing.....

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And Survey says.....Wall of steel for show...... and...... a wall of laws and punishments to stop the flow
Yep. They know that because they're not from Mexico they can't be immediately deported back to Mexico, and they know if they bring a kid with them they can say "asylum" be be released into the US after 20 days, never to be seen again.

Yeah until they get arrested for something else then end up in ICE custody and then start crying because they are going to get deported, all because they didnt show up for their asylum hearing.....
Just curious, why are Cubans given the royal treatment when they get to our shores?
Are they not undocumented just the same? Hmmmmm.

Reactions: dalscott

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Just curious, why are Cubans given the royal treatment when they get to our shores?
Are they not undocumented just the same? Hmmmmm.

Because they come from such a bad place that we have to take them in, would be wrong to send them back to Cuba!!!!

By the way that was sarcasm, I agree that we need to send them back.

dalscott

Expert Expediter
The problem for decades is it has become so political and through the dribble of liberal court decisions, you now have open borders. If they voted Republican the wall would have been up decades ago. Lol
that is why you need the wall. It is a more permanent decision on closing the border which is exactly why the democrats don't want it.

Seems funny. Trump’s party had the Senate, the House and the White House for 2 years and couldn’t get it through.
Another thing is that the wall wasn’t a big issue until the left won the House back. That’s when all hell broke loose. The shutdown started while Republicans were still in control.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They are given preferential treatment as refugees from oppressive Communism, and as an in-your-face to the leaders of Cuba and of the former Soviet Union.

Cuban Adjustment Act - Wikipedia
As opposed to oppressive El-Presidentas of some un-named central american countries?
Yes. It has to do with Communist oppression more than your regular run of the mill oppression. It comes out of the policy of not permitting Communism to spread to the Western Hemisphere.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Seems funny. Trump’s party had the Senate, the House and the White House for 2 years and couldn’t get it through.
In order to "have the Senate" you need 60 votes. Trump's party did not have 60 Senators.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
In order to "have the Senate" you need 60 votes. Trump's party did not have 60 Senators.

True. I may be wrong but I don’t recall it even coming up for a vote.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
I think commonly it doesn't come up for a vote unless the majority believes they will have enough to pass or extremely close to passing. The John McCain thumbs down vote comes to mind of a losing attempt.
But needing 60 votes and knowing you only have 50 to 53 votes from your side and total solidarity from the other, it's usually an exercise in futility to bring it for a vote.

Reactions: davekc

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Future NFL Referee Pay. Based on the new contract between the NFL and the NFLRA signed in September 2012, NFL referees will earn an average of $173,000 in 2013, and move up to an average of $205,000 by 2019.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I guess all the illegals crossing into Texas stay just over the border and never migrate further to cities to the north.
Its fairly obvious Trump is refering to a wall in San Antonio.

“Everyone knows that walls work,” claimed the president as he addressed reporters outside the White House. “You look at different places, they put up a wall, no problem.
You look at San Antonio, you look at so many different places; they go from one of the most unsafe cities in the country to one of the safest cities, immediately, immediately. It works. We have to put them up, and we will put them up. We've got to."

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its fairly obvious Trump is refering to a wall in San Antonio.
If it is fairly obvious he was referring to a wall in San Antonio then it should also be fairly obvious he was confused. This is a big country. 57 states and thousands of cities. Even Democrats can get confused.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I get Abilene,Texas and Abilene, Kansas confused. One of the two is where women don't treat you mean.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
[
I'm sure they know where the closest Sanctuary City is and how to get there pronto.

Reactions: davekc