The Trump Card...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Only because it allowed the FBI investigation to be replaced with a special prosecutor who can go on a fishing expedition beyond looking at 'collusion with the Russians'( which isn't actually a crime)
"Collusion" itself may not be a crime under federal statutes, but there are plenty of other specific crimes that fall under the broad term that the media has chosen to use that certainly are crimes under federal law.

What Is Collusion? Is It Even a Crime?

and obstruction of justice( a ludicrous charge).
On what basis do YOU personally find it ludicrous?

We'll see what they find after looking at 10 year old land deals in Russia and possible Beauty Pageant financial irregularities.
I'd be more concerned about what is found about Cheeto's more recent conduct if I were you.

Criminal acts that occurred prior to Cheeto's running for and taking office are not likely to result in his impeachment.

Later acts however might.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Only because it allowed the FBI investigation to be replaced with a special prosecutor who can go on a fishing expedition beyond looking at 'collusion with the Russians'( which isn't actually a crime)
and obstruction of justice( a ludicrous charge).
On what basis do YOU personally find it ludicrous?

We'll see what they find after looking at 10 year old land deals in Russia and possible Beauty Pageant financial irregularities.
Trump hoping that Comey would wrap up his investigation on Flynn doesn't fit the statute for obstruction of justice.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Naw, the Rosenstien recommendation along with what is known now likely killed that.

Don't think so ... since it's now known that Cheeto intended/decided to fire Comey before Rosenstein made the recommendation (at Cheeto's request) ... because: the "Russia thing" ... and appears to have only wanted Rosenstein's recommendation as a pretext.

That's why Bobby Three Sticks has requested interviews with a number (6 ?) of WH aides, who were involved in the process.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Naw, the Rosenstien recommendation along with what is known now likely killed that.

Don't think so ... since it's now known that Cheeto intended to fire Comey before Rosenstein made the recommendation (at Cheeto's request) ... because: the "Russia thing" ... and appears to have only wanted the recommendation as a pretext.

That is speculation. It hasn't been proven at all about the "Russian thing". My guess is it may not go too far. Start digging too deep, and boom, you got a investigation into the Clintons. lol

Reactions: muttly

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Trump hoping that Comey would wrap up his investigation on Flynn doesn't fit the statute for obstruction of justice.

But firing Comey actually might ...

The Rosenstein memo, which was just mentioned and many from both political parties wanted to see Comey go. Good enough reasons for the Director of an entity in the executive branch to be terminated by the CEO of said branch.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
That is speculation. It hasn't been proven at all about the "Russian thing".
Cheeto's motivations (and timing of his decision) to fire Comey aren't speculation at all - he admitted it himself, from his own mouth ... in an interview with Lester Holt on national tv ...

Trump: I was going to fire Comey regardless of DOJ recommendation - CNNPolitics

My guess is it may not go too far.
If you mean collusion with Russia to interfere in the election, that may well be true ... but it sure looks a lot more likely than it did a few months ago ...

The problem though may not be collusion (if any existed) but rather what Cheeto did that was perhaps meant to unduly influence ongoing investigations.

Start digging too deep, and boom, you got a investigation into the Clintons. lol
I'd give that about as much chance as all that hysterical talk on the Right about that "illegal unmasking" ... and how it was going to result in jail time for members of the former administration.

Rice told investigators why she unmasked Trump aides - CNNPolitics

It appears that one is on a fast train headed for nowheresville ...

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
The Rosenstein memo, which was just mentioned and many from both political parties wanted to see Comey go. Good enough reasons for the Director of an entity in the executive branch to be terminated by the CEO of said branch.

That's true.

Unfortunately though, if one is acting with a corrupt intent/purpose, the validity of A REASON becomes moot ... primarily because it wasn't THE REASON.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Possibly but I think they will need a whole lot more than they have. Wouldn't rule out Manford or Flynn getting tripped up and surprisingly, that hasn't happened. I wouldn't get too optimistic at this point.

Reactions: muttly

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Possibly but I think they will need a whole lot more than they have.
Neither you or I - nor anyone else (outside of the investigators) for that matter - knows what all Mueller actually has at this point.

Wouldn't rule out Manford or Flynn getting tripped up and surprisingly, that hasn't happened.
The only thing you really know is that there isn't any public indication that it has happened.

I wouldn't get too optimistic at this point.
That's wise counsel ... regardless of whether one is pro Cheeto ... or anti ...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Who's Cheeto?

595659fc1a3b3bd64d514ce798f5a53b.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ah, I get it. Clever. Making fun of someone's looks. Yeah, that's always a strong argument.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Has anyone heard from LDB recently ?

I'm a little worried about him ... ever since The Cheeto appears to have come out of the closet for amnesty for the childrenz of the CRIMINAL ILLEGAL ALIENS ...