The Trump Card...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's why I'm having trouble understanding why you find it so difficult to believe he meant anything else (other than a female body part reference - who came up with that silly "hormonal reference," anyway?).
Maybe it's the way Miss Kelly spells her first name.

Reactions: RLENT

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I heard Trump wanted to re introduce this....
11828829_1091544600873901_276815670916753034_n.jpg

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Oh, the ease at which people can get offended knows no political party line, that's for sure. Those who enjoy being offended are gonna hang onto that "idea" of what he "might be" referring to and run with it. It will no linger be an "idea" or a "might be," it will, in their minds, become a de facto certainty. To many, it already is. There's no doubt, no room for differing inferences, "wherever" now means something entirely different than it did last week.
I don't really have an opinion myself on what he actually meant, but I wouldn't terribly surprised if it is as some infer ...

Do you have any idea how hard it is for me to refrain from making jokes about Megyn Kelly's wherever?
Given that I have in the past publicly referred to her myself as "The Virginal Queen of Immaculate Thighs" ... no, not really ...

Reactions: Turtle

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
It never crossed my mind that blood coming from wherever meant what people are implying. Donald tends to end sentences in the middle, change topics randomly, and can't always find the word he is trying to come up with. I just assumed it was typical Donald speak.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I figured in addition to the eyes it might be ears, nose and mouth, all the places around the eyes where one might bleed if injured or ill in certain circumstances. But I'm not predisposed to think the worst immediately and I too have heard Trump and others speak similarly at times.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Evidently nobody else took Trump's blood comments too seriously either. He's actually up a point in the latest NBC poll and hasn't seemed to suffer any others.

Reactions: davekc

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That's why I'm having trouble understanding why you find it so difficult to believe he meant anything else (other than a female body part reference - who came up with that silly "hormonal reference," anyway?). Throughout his entire history of publicly disrespecting people, he's never done so in such a veiled and non-specific, open-to-interpretation manner. Plus, the narrative you're giving us here is that he disrespected Rosie O'Donnell, but you're either leaving out of forgetting that his 'disrespect' was a direct response to where she started it, by publicly criticizing and mocking him on The View. Prior to that he had never said a disparaging word about O'Donnell. But his response wasn't a veiled metaphor open to interpretation, he didn't mince words by calling her a "whatever," he just straight-up called her a "big fat pig."

He rarely attacks anyone until they've attacked him first. And when responds, he's purposefully blunt, to be shocking. "Whatever" is hardly blunt. So, given his history of "disrespecting" people, and the manner in which he "disrespects" them. why on Earth would you even think he mean it as a female body part reference in the first place, much less why you can't believe he didn't meant in in that manner? There's simply no foundation to believe that he meant it in some sexist, female body part way.

Throughout his entire history of publicly disrespecting people, he's never been aware that he is in front of a televised audience of millions, with 9 other candidates running for POTUS, while the potential voters watch the performance for clues. He never needed to giveadam about what people thought of him before, but this is a different arena.
I think he realized in midsentence that he better not say THAT in this instance, lol. [Otherwise, he wouldn't have hesitated]
I'm neither leaving out, nor forgetting that O'Donnell provoked him, but he has publicly insulted many others as well, [including the woman he told "that would make a nice picture - you, on your knees"] so Rosie is just shorthand for many people. Whether she deserved it or not [and she did], it makes him look petty and childish, IMO.
Purposefully blunt, to be shocking is generally as far from statesmanlike as it gets, except in limited circs - diplomacy is much more productive in a negotiating situation, which is what the POTUS often is.
Did you see the series of Tweets he published just after the debate? The man is de-ranged & delusional.

Reactions: RLENT

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
He might make it It's might be better than one who says one thing then in the back room says something totally differnt or does something totally differnt.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I figured in addition to the eyes it might be ears, nose and mouth, all the places around the eyes where one might bleed if injured or ill in certain circumstances. But I'm not predisposed to think the worst immediately and I too have heard Trump and others speak similarly at times.

That's what I thought also, no biggie. She and they had it coming from the very first raise your hand if you will not support the eventual nominee and might run as an independent question. An obvious attempt directed at Trump to start things off negatively for him.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Most of the political news is about Trump right now. He really is 'taking up all the oxygen in the room'. Most news shows can't go a whole hour without talking about him or mentioning his name in some capacity. When other candidates are interviewed by news people, half the time is spent talking about their thoughts on...Donald Trump. He seemingly does at least one interview on a news network daily. He has so far, done 37 interviews on Fox News alone. Multiple interviews on the other networks as well.
One of his advantages is he lives in New York City. He is easily accessible to be interviewed at his Trump Tower by the other New York based news agencies. He also does a boat load of phone interviews.
The saying goes, something like --'Any publicity is good publicity'. Right now it's mostly Trump. I doubt it will last for another year though.