The Trump Card...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Interesting statistic 5008000 immigrants to the US. Only 1176000 to Canada..Germany 1250000...turkey 2million... Russia 1118000 and Australia 1023000!
In what context are these numbers? Are those refugees? Immigrants? Immigrants last year? Immigrants since the beginning of time?

Reactions: scottm4211

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Story time. Sort of.

Yesterday I was inside the Pilot filing my mug with ice, and I overhead a couple of ladies (mid 20s) behind me getting coffee talking with great joy and satisfaction that Ivanka Trump was having her clothing line removed from stores. One remarked, and the other one agreed, that it would be just awesome if she lost her business.

I should have stayed out of it, but I turned around and said, "Seriously? This is a woman with a successful business, all of the executives are women, and all of the employees are women. And you're wishing for all of these women to lose their jobs?"

Without skipping a beat, in an almost knee-jerk reaction response, one of them said, "This wouldn't happen if her father hadn't stolen the election thanks to the Russians!"

I replied, "I'm not really sure how Ivanka's business is related to the Russians or the election, but I'm certain that Russia didn't hack the election so that Hillary would get 3 million more votes than Trump."

The same girl then said, "Hillary Clinton should be president because she won the popular vote. That's a fact!"

(starting to draw attention from everyone else in the store now)

i said, "Well, no, that's not a fact, that's just wishful thinking. But in any case, they don't give you the crown for winning Miss Congeniality."

(wish I had a picture of the look on her face when I said that)

"You're a misogynist!"

"Beeeecuz I admire and respect Ivanka Trump's all-women run business? Okayeee." And I laughed. And walked away.

I heard one of them, not sure which, casually remark that I was an anal orifice, but used more colorful language.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Thank God..Puzder withdraws.....what an azz....
Oh, I dunno. He'd have probably been fine as Labor Secretary. He knows that it's like to run a business and hire people. In his place, we now have a much more traditional nominee, a lawyer that knows labor law very, very well (Alex Acosta). Acosta will be fine, as long as Trump wants to not shake things up very much and keep things the way they are. If Trump wants to overturn the apple cart, Acosta will resist, and instead want to enforce the existing law.

Or not. I dunno.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Trump had a rather unusual ,but very candid, and very awesome press conference today. Which Jake Tapper immediately characterized as Trump being "unhinged," "untethered," "whining," and "ranting."

It's no wonder Tapper cannot understand what Trump means when he says, "The leaks are real. The news is fake."

Unless Trump was previously actually attached to a hinge and has broken loose from said hinge, then "unhinged" is purely an opinion, but Tapper presented it as a fact. Moron.

Reactions: muttly and RoadTime

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I love it when he calls out the press for their dishonesty. And it's hilarious when he trolls them by repeating his Electoral College total. :D

Reactions: davekc

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Some photos from the press conference. This is when Trump and CNN reporter Jim Acosta had their verbal exchange.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I love it when he calls out the press for their dishonesty. And it's hilarious when he trolls them by repeating his Electoral College total. :D
I'm actually OK with it if he stops talking about the election, the Electoral College, and Hillary (and rubbing it the press' faces because they didn't give him a chance). It's time to move on to today's stuff.

Thanks for posting those pictures from the press conference. I listened to it, as I was on a load, so I didn't see it. There was some pretty funny moments in there, lots of laughs, so that's good.

When he asked April Ryan (the black reporter, who's been a White House reporter for 20 years and is a really good journalist) if she knew the members of the Congressional Black Caucus and could she set up a meeting, that was, of course, entirely inappropriate, since her job is as a reporter, not a meeting facilitator. It was also very funny (and kinda racist LOL) if he was dead serious. If he was trolling her and was joking (which I suspect), then it was laugh out loud hilarious.

When Trump said he wanted to meet with Elijah Cummings, but Cummings won't meet with him, and said "But he probably was told by Schumer or somebody like that … he was probably told don’t meet with Trump. It’s bad politics," man, that was just brilliant. Now, if Cummings won't meet with Trump, both Cummings and Schumer look like turds. LOL

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One of our members posted this on face book.
90e1211aed340ef72ce519035a2d1656.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
One of our members posted this on face book.8
90e1211aed340ef72ce519035a2d1656.jpg
Pretty sure that's Photoshopped. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was on some t-shirts. That's a quote from David Yankovch. He writes op-eds for many outlets, like Huffington Post. He bills himself as a "former intelligence analyst" to give the impression that he worked for the US intelligence community, like the CIA or something, but all he did was analyze data for the DNC and the Obama campaign. That quote epitomizes the Democratic Playbook - Demonize and Label.