The Thrill is Gone

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"The administration’s Obamacare enrollment projections for the coming year are down, the projected cost of premiums and out of pocket costs are up, nearly half of the insurance co-ops associated with the program are going out of business, and UnitedHealth Group, the nation’s largest health insurer, said it may withdraw from the government marketplaces in 2017."

So it's just a matter of time before the entire things gets repealed or majorly overhauled. And that may happen sooner rather than later.

The Thrill Is Gone for Obamacare as Health-Care Approval Fades

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This from a friend of mine.

It's time for my annual Obamacare rant as I received my notice from BCBS today. I increased my deductible by over 400% last year to keep my monthly premium similar to 2014. My new quote increases my premium by nearly 46% even with a another 26% increase in my deductible. Affordable Care Act my ass! It's time to repeal this piece of crap legislation and replace the idiots who voted for it, many of whom did not research, understand or even take the time to read it

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
How about B.B. King?
That's the one I was thinking of.

Or rather, that's the one of which I was thinking.

Hawkins had a hit with it, but I'm pretty sure that was before I was born.

BB King, Eric Clapton, Robert Cray, and Jimmy Vaughn, with Robert Randolph on the steel.
As well, towards the end the riff raff get in on the act: Buddy Guy, Warren Haynes, Susan Redeschi, Derek Trucks, Johnny Winters and Ronny Woods.
Crossroads Guitar Festival, Bridgeview, Illinois, June 26, 2010.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This from a friend of mine.

It's time for my annual Obamacare rant as I received my notice from BCBS today. I increased my deductible by over 400% last year to keep my monthly premium similar to 2014. My new quote increases my premium by nearly 46% even with a another 26% increase in my deductible. Affordable Care Act my ass! It's time to repeal this piece of crap legislation and replace the idiots who voted for it, many of whom did not research, understand or even take the time to read it
Yep Moot....exactly the same increases here. Funny, the Voice Recording on my Phone States (pressures) to call or go online before Dec 15th or else all of these penalties...and then States that many signing up for their second year have shopped and found either a $40 or 40% Savings in their Plan....can't remember which but remember the number 40 as the savings. Just lies and more lies. A scam.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
As predicted right from the beginning, the whole thing is a disaster. Just not enough "rich" people or one percenters to float the costs for the ones who get it for free. So, the ones who thought it was free are getting a rude awakening.

Reactions: Ftransit

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
ACA is 100% a purely and solely Democrat product. It was rammed through the House and Senate without a single Republican vote. Every means of legislative chicanery were used to assure its passage. Premised on lies. Sold as a lie. Enacted as a lie. Lives as a lie. Befits its namesake.

Yowpuggy

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nothing to brag about because 20 Republicans voted to fund it even though they voted against it.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As predicted right from the beginning, the whole thing is a disaster. Just not enough "rich" people or one percenters to float the costs for the ones who get it for free. So, the ones who thought it was free are getting a rude awakening.
But I never thought it was Free Dave. Was forced to sign up for it. Nothing's Free.
I loved my Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield I chose and paid for until the day I received a Cancellation Letter out of the blue in the Mail.
The Gov Controlling/Manipulating for the Almighty $.

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I think the name has migrated to Obama Care, because no one could say Affordable Care Act with a straight face.

Reactions: Turtle

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I guess it's mean wishing every single person involved with it instantly received full Wanda Sykes karma or worse.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That's the one I was thinking of.

Or rather, that's the one of which I was thinking.

Hawkins had a hit with it, but I'm pretty sure that was before I was born.

BB King, Eric Clapton, Robert Cray, and Jimmy Vaughn, with Robert Randolph on the steel.
As well, towards the end the riff raff get in on the act: Buddy Guy, Warren Haynes, Susan Redeschi, Derek Trucks, Johnny Winters and Ronny Woods.
Crossroads Guitar Festival, Bridgeview, Illinois, June 26, 2010.

I've seen BB, Clapton, Jimmy [and Stevie Ray] Vaughan, and Buddy Guy live - and I can't speak for the rest, but Buddy Guy is definitely not riffraff, lol. Nice clip!

Reactions: Turtle

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I think the name has migrated to Obama Care, because no one could say Affordable Care Act with a straight face.
dollar-bill2-200x150.jpg

Reactions: paulnstef39