the straight truck club

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
peeking in here.... been away for a spell...
and lordy i have a lot of catching up to do ... this may call for some coffee...

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
this may call for some coffee...

602514_293892077384018_992172880_n.jpg

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Well just had the EGR Cooler and Valve overhauled on the Straight truck, had a constant loss of coolant and no leaks , R&Red down at Neely Coble in Nashville, back on the road tommorrow night, and glad its all fixed as Canada is looming .....trucks running great and still getting some outstanding fuel mileage.....still hoping that in Feb or March we can pull the trigger on a new truck...and the larger sleeper will be a MUST...Man must have some comforts, AMEN....

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
morning straight club drivers
here is a comic i thought was kinda funny.......

423011_10151189305999678_812078480_n.jpg

ha
ok in other news.....
a awsome place to get great foods to eat with out all the crap in it and made from scratch ..
and can watch the chefs cook stuff thru a glass window , taste test things.. there is a coffee bar , the most awsome sandwhich bar you can cme across.. cheese's a bakery .. i love there orange /cranberry loaf.. deserts.. sushi made fresh ... the best rotissery chickens i ever had.. a chef that has hot foods to serve you to go .. there are out side table areas.. when its nice out is great a few tables and counter in the coffee bar area.. its an experience you have to try ......
what works best for the straight trucks with parking is........
if u come off i35 .. at the oak lawn exit.. go east i think .. Right turn going north on i35 near downtown dallas..... anyways about 1/2 mile is a office depot ... ( left hand side of oak lawn) u can park behind it with NO problem.. i do it all the time even camp out there.. lol .... u have to walk 2 city blocks to get to eatz's.. go across thru the hotel parking lot , cross cedar springs , pass..... a wal greens , a few small restaurants.. past a hoytie toyte furniture store./verizon store ... lol and eatz is on left hand side its worth the trip 100%
you won't regret it :)

http://www.eatzis.com

Last edited:

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Just got to the Monroe TA, going to stay here till morning then up the road to sign on at Load1

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Good Luck with your move to Load 1....Hope it keeps you busy...I have been getting ready to go to Canada for my company for a bit, any tips on Canada, where is good to Fuel, Park...things to watch out for, or Border info....anyone whose been Ill be glad to have your two cents...Ill be heading that way regularly soon, got my passport card, and all my documenttation, inspection sheets etc...

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
I always top my tanks off at the duty free at ambassador bridge, most time at aleast .25 a gal savings. There is a Flying J at London On. thats fairly normal.

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Good Luck with your move to Load 1....Hope it keeps you busy...I have been getting ready to go to Canada for my company for a bit, any tips on Canada, where is good to Fuel, Park...things to watch out for, or Border info....anyone whose been Ill be glad to have your two cents...Ill be heading that way regularly soon, got my passport card, and all my documenttation, inspection sheets etc...

i go to canada a lot.... best hang out places...
hmm on the 401 flying J and a TA up that way.. around woodstock areas..
the 5th wheel truck stops are ok.. there are some wal marts around and other plaza's .. not sure if they r ok to over night parking.. the ATM's will issue u money if need be.. my card works in them , i remember when they use not too.... lol
anyways......... good luck with the canada runs. :)

guido4475

Not a Member
Just got to the Monroe TA, going to stay here till morning then up the road to sign on at Load1

Good morning! And, once again, welcome to Load One. I am sure you will be happy here. Just give it time to learn the system,and remember, it's not about the miles here, but about the money! Trust dispatch, and you'll do just fine.

ohiomike08

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sitting at the Pilot in Duncan, SC. Been here since midnight Sunday. I hope this isn't a sign of a slow few weeks ahead.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Sitting at the Pilot in Duncan, SC. Been here since midnight Sunday. I hope this isn't a sign of a slow few weeks ahead.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

Not slow up here, just got my 4th short haul orders for this week.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Hey Ive had a week or so of Short hauls and it brought me one of the best paychecks Ive had....made a loop from Erie PA, to Washington DC, to North Carolina, To Atlanta, to Nashville and St Lou....and had 4 very relaxing days off for Turkey day....heck I slept a couple days away....now Im sitting in Beloit WI waiting for the reload...hoping for more of the same...

soldierkim

Active Expediter
Great week for us so far this Howell Michigan to Cottondale Al and Vance Al double load then Huntisville Al to Prairie Island Mn!!! Ready to hit roads again tonight just waiting for a load!!! Would like to hit the 4000 mile mark this week!!!

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Great week for us so far this Howell Michigan to Cottondale Al and Vance Al double load then Huntisville Al to Prairie Island Mn!!! Ready to hit roads again tonight just waiting for a load!!! Would like to hit the 4000 mile mark this week!!!

Sounds like a plan, good to have you posting and not just lurching......:D