the straight truck club

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
im starting a straight truck club thread.......... who's in??
i been driving a straight truck for 7 yrs now.....
almost. and i mean came very very close to being in the van club.. but ...... i chickened out..
i like my space way to much...inside the cab/sleeper bunk then a parking space.
No offense van drivers. :)

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Me! Been driving local and otr straight for 2 years. Left and now coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kristi

Active Expediter
I'm in! Ran regional for 2 yrs and running otr team almost 7 months.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums

rodeojunkie

Seasoned Expediter
Count me in! Spent 20+ years driving about every kind of straight truck....local, regional, otr, refrigerated, etc. Took a few years off the road and thinking about going back now...can't get it out of my blood!

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
We love it! Been driving team with my wife for almost nine months now. Having fun and seeing the country. I drove a straight truck back in the 80's, before we were married, and grew up in Dad's old trucks. It's true, just can't seem to get it out of your blood!

Sent from my DROIDX using EO Forums

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yayyy..... straight truckers.......
im solo.. tried teaming a few times..... think it works out way better if your working for same household. at least ...........
im hangin here i n Columbus oh hii Ya ....... was suppose to deliver at Big Lots at midnight last night.. but its closed until monday morning.
sooooo here I be. hangin at the pilot .. wondering what i will do with myself till then. *sigh*
paint??? wondering if there is a art supply place near by

bluejaybee

Veteran Expediter
Count me in. Solo in a straight for over 7 years.

Yayyy..... straight truckers.......
im solo.. tried teaming a few times..... think it works out way better if your working for same household. at least ...........
im hangin here i n Columbus oh hii Ya ....... was suppose to deliver at Big Lots at midnight last night.. but its closed until monday morning.
sooooo here I be. hangin at the pilot .. wondering what i will do with myself till then. *sigh*
paint??? wondering if there is a art supply place near by

If you got a parking spot at the Pilot in Columbus, you better not pull out of it unless you are heading to another one. I usually have to circle several times and sometimes hide and wait for a spot there.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Im In although I had to stop Im getting ready to get back to driving after a short bump in the road, I love driving my straight truck, I have a new Freightliner M2-106 no sleeper but Ive been staying in Motels and enjoying having the space, shower and desk, my carriers treated me great, and im looking forward to being back in May, Glad to see the Straight truck club, set up a room.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I guess I fall into this catagory too, solo, been driving st8's for years expediting for about 3 now.

tk

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
So whats everyone driving, and whats your biggest beef, or Joy in str8 trks....I like the fact I can get to shopping, restaurants and such, as well as most motel/hotels without issues, some wont allow trucks but most dont mind as long as you park out of the main lots, which I avoid like the plague anyway, but if I want to visit a mall, or a better restaurant I can, Mainly Chik-Fil-A which is my main place to eat on the road...after I unload or before Im dispatched I can visit tourist places, or go see a movie. After unsuccessfully trying to finance a truck Im back leasing but only for a short 6 months, by Sept/October Im hoping to finally have that downpayment in place and my own truck, Freightliner M2, I saw some nice examples at the Expediting expo and Ive been staying in touch with the big expediter builders, so 6 more months of lease and then Ill be a proud O/O.

Any Owners out there with suggestions on truck specs, would love to hear your input ...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Any Owners out there with suggestions on truck specs, would love to hear your input ...

Diane and I are straight truck drivers in both senses of the word. Our truck specs are not your truck specs but reading though them will give you food for thought as you spec your truck.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I guess I can officially join the club I just bought A class 8 D unit from FYDA yesterday an 07century with a 24' box. I cant pick it up for A couple of weeks because they have to install the a.p.u., liftgate, and 8-track I mean e-track. I drove a straight truck many years in a different type of business drove all 48 and canada. This is the first one with automatic tranny.

Kristi

Active Expediter
Another wonderful day in the life of a str8er...lol. we're sitting in @ the J off the I435 Kansas City MO. Delivered in Shawnee KS this morning. Thinking about going over to Wal Mart and grabbing something for din din. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using EO Forums