The Perfect Run

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Last year I posted a classified regarding "The Perfect Run."

Many thanks to EO for having the Classified Section.

I have sold three trucks as the result of this great service.

Although I never got many bites on "The Perfect Run" listing, it was to be expected; it was mostly wishful thinking.

Needless to say, I love to drive and I love the challenge of meeting deadlines.

The colonel and I don't agree on many issues, but he has always made it a point to emphasize the necessity to keep on trying. I followed that thought and set out to find something that was a better fit for my particular needs.

I found an organization that runs freight from my home area on a daily basis. They needed a person they could trust as the loads often include Schedule II narcotics. Additionally, I also transport time-sensitive legal documents.

What a blessing to be home everyday! Basically, I run Mon-Fri and I am “on-call’ Sat and Sun. I get a stipend for being “on-call” whether I run or not.

It is so great to have a regular routine again.

PS. A special thanks to all who have sent my emails. I appreciate your concerns and I am encouraged by your comments that you miss my posts.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Now that you are in better spirits, may I ask something unrelated? What's up with that avatar picture you have of Jesus holding a rifle? I have always wondered about that.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
I have always been in great spirits.

The avatar....

At the first appearing of Jesus Christ, He came as a lamb to be slaughtered for our sins.

Act 8:32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth

The next time Jesus Christ is coming as the Lion of the Tribe of Juda.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

I couldn't find and avatar depicting Revelation 19:15; hence, the avatar you see.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
And Jesus said unto them, "If you don't have a lever action Winchester, sell your cloak and buy one." Luke 22:36

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I never noticed that Jesus was holding a rifle!! What kind is it? As a practicing Catholic and a firearms ower I feel it must be my "religious duty" to own at LEAST one of those rifles!! We are required to try to "follow Jesus" as much as possible!! :D I thank God every day for his gift of "humor"!!! Layoutshooter

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I thought it was a shepherd's staff - for gathering in the flock ...... who knew ? :rolleyes:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You can see that? Your eyes must be better than mine. I can see it is a gun, that's it. Layoutshooter

greg334

Veteran Expediter
You can see that? Your eyes must be better than mine. I can see it is a gun, that's it. Layoutshooter

Ah yea.... didn't you go through your Weapons Identification Field Training?

I thought that was SOP for all?

You want me to explain?

Seriously, after looking at it in more detail, it looks like a hunting rifle with a scope, maybe a Remington 700 or even a Mauser derivative. I see the stock goes farther down then an M1 carbine, it may not be proportioned for the original picture, so.... WWJD? He maybe hunt?

Last edited:

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
Amazing what you can find on Google! :D

jesus_with_rifle.jpg

greg334

Veteran Expediter
there you go, I was looking at the avatar and guessing.... something to do on my day off in Ohio :)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well it would be better if all these straight trucks left the area..... just kidding..... I meant vans....:p