The ONE in September

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My 2nd trip to the SOS since they switched to the QLess App system went much smoother. Being able to see how many were in line, and get in line from home is a pretty neat feature (despite the grumblings from a few people in line). I checked in at #23 from home (reminded me of going into service lol). When I got there I was #15. By the time I got through the check-in line I was #2 with a one min wait.

So not a bad experience, until it was time to pay for the new title.
I definitely was not expecting to shell out $503 for Michigan Taxes :eek:
I guess it could have been much worse, but really caught me by surprise.

Next on the docket before I get it decaled, will be a total body/paint makeover. Unfortunately, my local shop can't get me in for about 7-10 days. I was very pleased with the last work they did, so I'll wait. Besides, I have a list of other things I want to do on the van in the mean time to get it ready ;)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Change of plans.

I was planning on coming down to the yard today to drop off my boxed QC to stop the fees for the next couple of weeks, get a shirt any maybe hang around for Wednesdays BBQ. But before I could leave got a call from the paint/body shop. Surprise, bring it in we can start today :)
Made a quick trip to stock up on food before I lost my only mode of transportation, and dropped it off.

So I'll just have to eat the QC fees, but at least the process is started. Still looking at a good 2 weeks of work on their end, but in the end it should look brand new.

I could have just gone as is, but that's not how I want to roll this time around ;)

Last edited:

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
DollarSign has been busy! Got a long run Tuesday night and with a nap in still delivered 3hrs early. Was going to DH out from where I was at and the Charlotte office called with one picking up that night and delivers next morning.
This afternoon the office called with a shorty picking up in the morning.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a call from the shop this morning.
Will be going down to check out the progress on the van today, AKA, they want some more up front money :rolleyes:

A little inconvenient for today, but I did realize yesterday I forgot something I need in the van, so that will work ;)

There saying it should be done next week, so that's good news at least :)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I replaced the multifunction switch on the van yesterday.

A while back it started. I'd be driving along and go to change lanes ot make a turn, then when I activated the left turn signal, the instant I did that the headlights would flash off and back on. With the right turn signal, the headlights would flash off and back on when the turn signal was deactivated. That kind of headlight behavior generally indicates a multifunction switch issue.

More recently, I'd turn on the headlights and they wouldn't come on at all. Then I'd turn on the high beams, and when I turned off the high beams the low beams would come on. Until I used a turn signal, then they'd go out again, and it took turning on and off the high beams to get them back on.

Replaced the switch and all is right with the world again.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I also had a Fantastic Fan Vent adventure.

I had the model 6600, with the 14 speeds, rain sensor, all that. I hit the remote to turn on the fan, the dome raised and the fan came on, and as soon as the dome reached fully open it immediately closed right back down and the fan shut off.

I finally figured out that I could turn on the fan with the remote, set the fan speed, and before the dome fully opened I could yank out one of the batteries and the fan would continue to run. If I wanted to change speeds I'd have to inset the battery, change the speed, and quickly remove the battery. To close the lid and shut off the fan, all I needed to do was insert the battery back into the remote and it would shut down.

I talked with customer service and the problem was the motherboard on the fan base wasn't communicating properly with the remote. It happens. Got wet, corroded, wore out, whatever. Needed to replace the base unit. I used the Model 7350 Upgrade Kit. New base, lift motor, remote. The new one will change the airflow (in or out) using the remote instead of a toggle switch. Same with activating or deactivating the rain sensor. No longer have to pull the knob down to manually open or close the dome, you just turn the knob.

Takes maybe half an hour to replace. Wire cutters, wire strippers and some extra spade terminals (yellow) are required. THe fan and motor and the bracket stays where it is, and everything is done from inside the van (except the rain sensor, you'll have to get up on top for that). Instead of 10-12 seconds to open or close the dome, the new lift motor does it in less than 3 seconds. It's like a Star Wars door.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I also had a Fantastic Fan Vent adventure.

I had the model 6600, with the 14 speeds, rain sensor, all that. I hit the remote to turn on the fan, the dome raised and the fan came on, and as soon as the dome reached fully open it immediately closed right back down and the fan shut off.

I'm not sure which model I have now that came with this van, but it has the same features. Still haven't figured out the remote completely. Can't get it to open with the remote, but it will close, although not by any request I made (I think). Maybe user error, but wondering if I may need the upgrade. I finally figured out how to increase the fan speed, (I was thinking, wow is this thing wimpy lol), so it might just be me. Guess I need to find a instruction manual for this thing :rolleyes:

Reactions: DollarSign