The ONE in September

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've also got a gray one in reserve, just in case.

It's only one shade of gray, though, not fifty.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Time for a change?

For the last couple of years I have been very torn between staying in a Spinter, switching to straight truck, or leaving expediting all together. Leaving expediting would be the hardest option, and extremely hard to leave something I truly enjoy.

Over this past weekend, my straight truck option was at hand, I came extremely close to buying it, but promised myself I would not buy it on the spot, and take some time to process what I was about to do. Maybe I over think things too much, but in the end I could not justify the purchase. Right or wrong choice? Only time will tell. So for now, the straight truck option is off the table, as I've come to realize more and more how much I enjoy my Sprinter life and don't want to give it up.

Bitter Sweet goodbye...

Today I officially laid to rest my Sprinter of the last 6 years. For a 2002, she stood the test of time and never let me down on a load. But in the end, faced with another costly repair and a body that was deteriorating by the moment.

It was time to move on.

I did keep a few momentos lol.

1536193321743_IMG_4492.JPG

Sad sight to see in this state. Most likely, this will be the last night I spend in this Sprinter. But as one door closes, another opens. I was fortunate enough to have another Sprinter drop in my lap. I liked it, I wanted it, and I bought it :D

Transferring to another Sprinter after 6 years, not as fun :rolleyes:

But at least, I now know how I want to set it up (without my past trial and error mistakes ;)

Official unvailing to come in a few weeks as I fine tune it to my likeing, but here are a couple of current pics of the inside...

IMG_4480.JPG

IMG_4477.JPG

IMG_4478.JPG

IMG_4476.JPG

IMG_4475.JPG

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Day 2 of Sprinter transfer progressed rather slowly. Battery bank switched over and hooked back up. That was pretty time consuming. Permanent bed frame in place.

Unforeseen issues with combining the old and new set up to still be worked out. The microwave cabinet is a head banging magnetic. Also the cabinet storage area above the front seat section has proved more challenging as the access height to my bed has been drastically deduced with my bed placement behind the front seats so high. More head banging opportunities.

I really hate to remove them as they are so nice and professionally installed. Also, providing a great deal of storage space. I'll either have to get used to ducking, enter through the rear, or where a helmet

Friday will be switching over my Espar and rear camera monitor. So another night in the old van. That should complete the major stuff. Then gutting out the rest of my stuff. Seeing the large (now disorganized) pile of mostly "what if I need this" stuff, makes me think I need to do a major scaling down of what I actually need to take with me. I was going to keep the passenger seat in for now, but IDN now. One thing forsure, this pack rat needs a big make over, fast

Sent from my P00I using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Day 3 of Sprinter transfer and getting a tad frustrated.

Took all day just to get my rear view camera installed, Espar started, but won't be completed until Saturday. I'm grounded for the night, after work stopped at this point...

P_20180907_192636_LL~2.jpg

A couple of minor items to be completed, then their work "should" be done, and I can finish loading up.

On my end today, I removed my solar panels, fantastic fan, A/C unit, and anything else left that needed to come off.

As much as I like Wayne's World, I'll be really glad to leave

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Day 3 of Sprinter transfer and getting a tad frustrated.

Took all day just to get my rear view camera installed, Espar started, but won't be completed until Saturday. I'm grounded for the night, after work stopped at this point...

View attachment 17840

A couple of minor items to be completed, then their work "should" be done, and I can finish loading up.

On my end today, I removed my solar panels, fantastic fan, A/C unit, and anything else left that needed to come off.

As much as I like Wayne's World, I'll be really glad to leave

Get ER Done ..