The Duggars

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Honestly it might bug me I think our country is better with a strong Christian base. Would I get mad and post about it or complain loudly, very doubtful. For the most part I keep my feelings to myself and certainly don't try to push them on others.

You don't personally. .I respect that..now your religion loves to push there ideas on everyone. .just recently in my area you can buy alcohol on sunday...because the over the top Christians banned the sale on Sunday. ..just one of MANY examples...

You know a religion I do respect. .the Amish. .there doing there thing..not pushing themselves or ideas on anyone.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Actually religion predates everything for those who are devout since nothing can predate creation and God and religion were a part of that. For the devout being forced to bake the cake or prepare the flowers is no different than being forced to steal from someone or assault someone or commit some other crime against someone. It is doing what is wrong. It is no different in their world than telling a woman she can't have an abortion in your world.
What puts this particular sin above the others? Surely the bakers have served those that don't observe the Sabbath, believe in a different god, struggle with jealousy, have committed adultery, or have stolen before.
All of these are a ticket to hell without redemption through Christ, correct? What puts homosexuality a step below atheism?

witness23

Veteran Expediter
What puts this particular sin above the others? Surely the bakers have served those that don't observe the Sabbath, believe in a different god, struggle with jealousy, have committed adultery, or have stolen before.
All of these are a ticket to hell without redemption through Christ, correct? What puts homosexuality a step below atheism?

Because those that speak out the loudest against the "Gays" are afraid they are gay. Here, in case you missed it I'll post it again.

a_1031_20141112144636.jpg

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Every one of those is covert. The people walking in the door ordering baked goods aren't obvious the way Bob and Rob ordering a wedding cake with their names on it are obvious.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, generally the one shouting the loudest about other's fear of being gay is gay alright. It's ok though. You were born that way.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Speculated? Seriously? Speculated by who? The Jesus investigators? Was that hot tip found in the bible? If it was it just lost all credibility. That's the book that says the earth is 6000 yrs old and some dude lived inside of a whale. The newest version says we rode on dinosaurs. But dinosaurs lived over 65 million yrs ago.....no wait, the earth is only 6000 yrs old. Ok something isn't adding up.

There are plenty of people that think it was a possibility. You made an ignorant observation and that is just one of the ideas that are believed along with other references to Jesus dealing with women in the Bible that prove it.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I don't hate god....it's impossible to hate something that does not exist...same with unicorns. .all a man made fantasy. .

The obsessive hatred is directed at people that you seem to want to control. Is there the same hatred directed towards people that throw the Easter bunny, Santa, witches, or leprechauns in your face? They force their celebrations and beliefs on everyone, tie up traffic with parades, knock on your door to get offerings, etc. You talk about the Duggars being hypocrites because their kid did something wrong yet I have never once heard them proclaim themselves to be perfect. They claim to be Christian which makes them human and imperfect.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
The obsessive hatred is directed at people that you seem to want to control. Is there the same hatred directed towards people that throw the Easter bunny, Santa, witches, or leprechauns in your face? They force their celebrations and beliefs on everyone, tie up traffic with parades, knock on your door to get offerings, etc. You talk about the Duggars being hypocrites because their kid did something wrong yet I have never once heard them proclaim themselves to be perfect. They claim to be Christian which makes them human and imperfect.

Im not wanting to control anyone. .where did you ever get that...and for the Duggars and most religions of course they think there perfect...that's why they want everyone to be like them ask the indians. .

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Some probably do think they are perfect. Many know they are not perfect, just forgiven and accepted. That's what they want to share.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Im not wanting to control anyone. .where did you ever get that...

The constant attacks and saying that they need to keep their beliefs to themselves.

and for the Duggars and most religions of course they think there perfect...that's why they want everyone to be like them ask the indians. .

No most don't think that they are perfect. That's what people use to try and attack Christians because they don't like them and want to control, silence, and discredit them. Christians fully admit that they aren't perfect and it's acknowledged on every level. Catholics have confession for a reason and then there is Lord's prayer which is there because people aren't perfect.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Most don't think they're perfect, but most think they're superior, morally and eternally. ;)

Reactions: RLENT

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
No one ever mistakes the words written in icing on a cake as the sentiments of the person wielding the icing bag. They may admire the artistic expression of the creative art, but they know damn well whose words they're reading, and it's not the baker who says "Happy Birthday" or "Congratulations Jim and Bob".
Tortured logic to defend imposing one's own "beliefs" on others.

Reactions: asjssl and RLENT

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Some probably do think they are perfect. Many know they are not perfect, just forgiven and accepted. That's what they want to share.

Many believe they are "forgiven and accepted", but that isn't something they know. Insisting belief is equal to knowledge does not make it so.

Reactions: RLENT and Windsor

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
No one ever mistakes the words written in icing on a cake as the sentiments of the person wielding the icing bag. They may admire the artistic expression of the creative art, but they know **** well whose words they're reading, and it's not the baker who says "Happy Birthday" or "Congratulations Jim and Bob".
Not when it's "Happy Birthday," or even if it says "Congratulations Jim and Bob" and the cake is for a company party to celebrate Jim and Bob landing that new shipping account in North Carolina. No one mistakes who the sentiment is from because it's a non-controversial sentiment and no one care. But that same message on a cake at a wedding and someone is bound to ask, "Where'd you get the cake?" If the message is "Gay Marriage is Wrong" the same question is gonna get asked.

Tortured logic to defend imposing one's own "beliefs" on others.
It's about free speech, not the imposition of beliefs.
Would you require a Jewish baker to create a Nazi-inspired cake?
Would you require a Jewish baker to make a cake that says "Jihad for Jesus"?
Would you require a black baker to make a pro-KKK cake?
Would you require a liberal to make a cake that says "Rick Perry and Mitt Romney are the two greatest people who have ever walked the Earth?"
Would you require a gay baker to make a homophobic cake?

Tortured logic, indeed.

Reactions: aquitted

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Not when it's "Happy Birthday," or even if it says "Congratulations Jim and Bob" and the cake is for a company party to celebrate Jim and Bob landing that new shipping account in North Carolina. No one mistakes who the sentiment is from because it's a non-controversial sentiment and no one care. But that same message on a cake at a wedding and someone is bound to ask, "Where'd you get the cake?" If the message is "Gay Marriage is Wrong" the same question is gonna get asked.

It's about free speech, not the imposition of beliefs.
Would you require a Jewish baker to create a Nazi-inspired cake?
Would you require a Jewish baker to make a cake that says "Jihad for Jesus"?
Would you require a black baker to make a pro-KKK cake?
Would you require a liberal to make a cake that says "Rick Perry and Mitt Romney are the two greatest people who have ever walked the Earth?"
Would you require a gay baker to make a homophobic cake?

Tortured logic, indeed.

Yes to all the above, because the person who applies the icing to the cake is not expressing his own words, but the words he is paid to put there.
If he were required to add a disclaimer "I'm Joe Baker, and I approve this message" that would be a different story.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Would it be wrong to raise your price? Say 2 stick grabbers want a wedding cake from you. just raise the price to $10,000.00 they would probably go someplace else or if they pay it cry all the way to the bank.