The Duggars

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Really, come on there are tens of millions Christians in this country, very few of which have issues. My guess it's if studied the percentages would equels any non Christian group. Stereotypes suck and rarely have any real proof behind them.

Reactions: davekc and muttly

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I'm saying...the ones that put themselves out there as the poster child's of morality ..( Republican party is full of them) .are the ones always up to schenigans ...as we found out there up to down right criminal acts...and the righteous parents knew and purposely hid it.....
Always got a bad vibe from them. .

Last edited:

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Come on 19 kids...that's 1 sexual family. There all breeding machines..you watch...more dirt will come out...my guess is it will be the dad ..with a name of JimBob..he is guilty of something. .

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Also...my take..it was a learned act from within the family...why it was all hush hush for years...a hunch...bet I'm pretty close..this is the tip of the iceberg. .

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The Duggars aren't your average Christians, they're members of an extremist ideology. They homeschool their kids, and minimize [if not eliminate] all contact with people who don't subscribe to their beliefs: no dating without chaperones, no physical contact [except for a 'side hug'] before marriage, "modest" dress for the women, men rule the family, etc.
Like the Catholic Church, their attempts to control and limit sexual behavior to extremely narrow confines is bound to have some negative consequences. Religion has always tried to confine sex to serve its' own ends, but that's just not realistic. Force men to be celibate, some will become pedophiles. Force adolescents to learn nothing about normal thoughts of curiosity, some will molest the nearest available females to satisfy it..
What angers me is the teaching that girls and women are responsible for 'provoking' the bad acts. Why don't they teach that the boys & men are responsible for their acts?

Reactions: Windsor

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
And let's add to the growing list of the people craming Christian family values up your azz and being the biggest psychopath. ..Bill Oriley..no surprise

Last edited:
Reactions: Windsor

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Let's keep it in mind that this was the action of a 14-15 year old kid. Many kids "play doctor" and due to the sexually repressed and sheltered lifestyle that the family chooses it probably created the issue. Now there are a bunch of people celebrating and dragging these sexual abuse victims into the spotlight.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Agree on the sexually superseded ..but highly doubt this was a 15 yo playing doctor

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Agree on the sexually superseded ..but highly doubt this was a 15 yo playing doctor

They are extremely sexually repressed and sheltered so it's tough to know what his maturity level was at that point. If he was just beginning to learn about the differences then the curiosity along with hitting puberty could manifest itself in this way. It's really weird that he would even think to explore this with a sister, downright creepy. That community lives in such a bubble that it appears others were doing the same thing so that's why I made the comparison. You can't compare him being 15 with you being 15.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
This could be true, but you still can't excuse this away as "playing doctor".

No it was definitely the wrong thing to do and goes beyond the norm, I'm just saying it is a similar mentality. It's apparently part of that lifestyle though and they really need to wake-up and realize that there is a world that these kids will be exposed to that could cause similar issues.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
That family better get there .... together. I've been told that Jesus is coming back. When he comes back he might not be the same guy though. You know, like when Jordan came back and played for the Washington wisords. It didn't go well. I mean c'mon he has been gone for like, I don't know....thousands of years.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yet again, TLC's penchant for putting trainwreck wannabes in the spotlight, like Jon & Kate Plus 8, Little People, Honey BooBoo, Wilding in WV [or whatever they were called], Cake Boss, Breaking Amish, has done no one any favors. What we're learning seems to be that everyone has some secret evil inside, and we anticipate seeing it exposed.
Once, long ago, TLC focused on showing us the 'other side' of interesting places - like the Trauma Center on which I worked as a nurse. [They were filming when I was at work, but I hid every time I saw a camera, lol] It's sad that they have changed to pander to the lowest denominator of viewers - but I bet they're making a fortune from it, and will continue.
And Sarah Palin will continue to say asinine things, like "I hate this game liberals are allowed to play, relentlessly attacking on an uneven playing field, until a conservative's career, relationships, and reputation are destroyed."
Yeah: blame the public exposure, not the poor choices and/or bad behavior. Blame the liberals, because conservatives would never behave that way!
Scary to think how close that woman came to having real power.