The best vacuum cleaner for the truck is?

Shadowpanda

Seasoned Expediter
Ok looking for recommendations here by satisfied users. The one I have currently sucks because it fails to suck adequately and Im gonna leave it at that before someone with a dirty mind gets the wrong idea.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
$32 craftsman wet/dry vac works so very well, is rather small and it is tough enough to take a beating in the box.

I gave up on the 12volt ones, having so many of them and most of them either didn't work well or crapped out after a few months of working.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've got a cordless Black & Decker. Works very well. It's the hand held "dust buster" style.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I say go for a small shop vac, they work well and will pickup the gravel or whatever you bring into the truck. Downside is they are extremely noisy. They make small ones, so it wouldn't be a space issue.

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
i bought a tiny wet/dry vac at walmart, 120v.....works great...19.99. it's called.. Hang up Mini...

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Im n a cv,,,,,i use the leaf blower at the house,,,works great,,its all gone in a flash.............imo:D but I usually find someone at the truckstop to do it,,,vaccum the van,,,,:D dont take me seriously,,but take me somewherer,,,im n a mood.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
The step saver style....
Not sure what your trying to clean, this one works good for me.
Has a belt driven beater brush,filter and collection canister easy to clean out..Long power cord and small enought to store in a cabinet. Good little machine in my book...
(Im not selling the one below the link is just for the picture in case ya dont know what step saver vac is.)
EUKEKA STEP SAVER - HANDHELD STEPS / STAIRS VACUUM - eBay

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This what I've got
Dirt Devil Power Reach
Can be used as is, or the head can be detached for getting into tight areas, or the hose can be detached from that and a crevice tool can be used for even tighter areas.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Dirt Devil makes a handheld plug in with the beater bar/brush if your trying to vacuum carpet

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Ok looking for recommendations here by satisfied users. The one I have currently sucks....

Isn't a vacuum cleaner supposed to suck? :D

We tried a couple different hand vacs and settled on one sold under the Shark brand name. I liked it so well that I bought a second one and put it in storage just in case the model was closed out. That turned out to be a smart move because the model was closed out. The first one is still going strong and I use it every few days in our big-sleeper truck.

Impressed with the brand, I would definitely consider a Shark hand vac today if it had the right features.

Last edited:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
$32 craftsman wet/dry vac works so very well, is rather small and it is tough enough to take a beating in the box.

I gave up on the 12volt ones, having so many of them and most of them either didn't work well or crapped out after a few months of working.

I have been using the small craftsman shop vac for ten years and that thing still works like a charm. Our first truck had carpet and this worked well and this truck had a wood floor and it still works well.

We have our dog Molly and the shop vac does a good job of getting her hair sucked up.

We have sure been able to get our moneys worth out of that machine!

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I will say having an onboard vac is handy no matter what the brand is, even if "it sucks", it's still going to do some good. However, worse case scenario, for the cab, you could find an easy to get to drive-thru type car wash where you can do it yourself and use their shop vacs (since they usually have the better part of about 6 to 8 feet of hose on them, as well as they are relatively cheap at roughly 75 cents to a dollar 50 to use. works good to find one with a tall bay so you can also nose the truck up there and also blast the front end off real quick., esp. in the summer when the bugs like to see how hard they can hit the glass. people will look at you like your nuts, but if you've already gone nuts you won't think nothing of it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A lot of truck washes have vacuums at the entrance to the bays, too.

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
they do, but if you don't want to wash your truck, and all you want to do is vacuum it... and another rig or other rigs pull in behind you- you find yourself rushing or having to wait to drive thru a truck wash... because your pinned in. sometimes it's more of a hassle to do it that way, sometimes it's not. i've done both... used the vacs at a truckwash without washing/getting a wash... and finding a do-it-yourself car wash with a tall bay... though sometimes those tall bays are not real tall.

sixwheeler44

Expert Expediter
I agree with ATEAM, the shark brand is very good.Bought it at walmart, filters r washable.Best one we have bought in long time .