Thanksgiving

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Home. For sure. Even if some ridiculous deadheading is required.
As of right now, my week terminates Wednesday morning at, or close to, Load-1 World Headquarters. But I expect a load back out of the Metro area going somewhere. It's that "somewhere" I'll be more picky about.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Staying in service as I'm training a new guy for my dad. We're running team loads and I'm trying to set a good example lol.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
We will actually be out this year. First time ever. So, thanksgiving will be spent wherever or hopefully with the load one family having turkey around the corner !!!

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Didn't plan to stay out but we got a 4854 mile run this week.

Sent from my EVO using EO Forums mobile app

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well I will be home (sort of). I will be celebrating the holiday with my fleet at 1pm Thanksgiving Day by our terminal. All of the Load One drivers who are away from home and in town are welcome and encouraged to attend. Even if you are based locally and don't have a place to celebrate that is fine as well. As well any of the other expediters from any company are welcome to attend, our treat. Feel free to pm me for details if you are going to be in the Taylor Michigan area on Thursday.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Wow, that's awfully nice John. If i could be in the area I would make a big effort to experience that Load 1 Love.

A funny side note. I was O/S on my birthday this year. Fedex didn't recognize my BD.
Landstar sent me a BD Card. I've never worked for Landstar.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wow, that's awfully nice John. If i could be in the area I would make a big effort to experience that Load 1 Love.

A funny side note. I was O/S on my birthday this year. Fedex didn't recognize my BD.

FDCC has never recognized my BD, then again we are always out so service when it takes place. They always call us on our aniversary with the company.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter

Don't feel too bad zorry, we were broke down and sitting at a repair shop in Columbia, TN on my birthday in contact with the fed several times that day as we were pre dispatched ( ultimately lost the load) and they failed to recognize it.:(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The only things that I care that FDCC notices are my qualifications and my pay. My birthday has nothing to do with business.

MaidMarion

Active Expediter
We'll be working through Friday, then to Disney World for 10 days for a combined Thanksgiving and Christmas celebration...

zorry

Veteran Expediter
The only things that I care that FDCC notices are my qualifications and my pay. My birthday has nothing to do with business.

I totally agree.
I just think it's funny that another carrier recognized it. Someone I never worked for.
Fedex usually tells us Happy birthday on your departure call if you load on that day.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I totally agree.
I just think it's funny that another carrier recognized it. Someone I never worked for.
Fedex usually tells us Happy birthday on your departure call if you load on that day.

It is kinda funny. I have never worked, at FedEx, on my birthday. I don't recall them ever saying anything to my wife on her's.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Remember the Military folks on Thanksgiving, many are serving in harms way so we can drive on the freeways from state to state without someone saying " your papers please", then of course the DOT is different....lol.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OVM gave me crap because I didn't hand sign his birthday card....:rolleyes:

Well, OVM is just that way. Next year, instead of a birthday card, give him a swift kick in the butt! Then ask him if he wants that signed! That would fix him. :p