Telsosemarketers calling our cellphones starts soon

breeze

Seasoned Expediter
The number to opt out of the telimarketers is 888 382 1222 please do yourself a favor call it .

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The number to opt out of the telimarketers is 888 382 1222 please do yourself a favor call it .

You're overlate. I've been receiving calls since shortly after Obama was elected, from outfits who say they can lower my credit-card interest rates. My cell phone number has been on the do-not-call list ever since that list came out. Not sure (a) that this is for real, I'll have to check it out and (b) given the above, that it does a lot of good.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As promised, I started looking. Stamp this one "Bogus". This rumor has been floating around ever since the invention of dust, only the names are changed on the sender of the emails warning you of this. See link below.

telemarketers calling cell phones at DuckDuckGo

(Note: After last time, I learned about posting links by simple copy-and-paste--- it doesn't work well here. Hope this works better than last time.)

As stated in my post before this one, some telemarketers DO call. These ones don't pay much attention-- if any-- to do not call lists or that the number they're robocalling is a cell phone. They're scammers, and if you give them the info they want they'll clean you out.

Last edited:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I've reported a couple of them and surprisingly there calls stopped.
I even reported an outside collection agency that was hired by a creditor that I was in dispute with. I had no prior business dealings with the collection agency so they were in violation of the do not call law.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You're overlate. I've been receiving calls since shortly after Obama was elected, from outfits who say they can lower my credit-card interest rates.

I received a call from President Obama himself, well actually it was a recording. He promised to lower my taxes, wipe out my credit card debt and give me a low interest guaranteed loan to buy a new van even though I am a middle age, bald white male. How cool is that! I know who gets my vote come November.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
I've reported a couple of them and surprisingly there calls stopped.
I even reported an outside collection agency that was hired by a creditor that I was in dispute with. I had no prior business dealings with the collection agency so they were in violation of the do not call law.

No. They where not. They where operating on behalf of the creditor. there are also exemptions in the law for bill collectors.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I reported them and received a response from the Do Not Call List that they were not allowed to contact me even though they were hired by the creditor. They are a third party. I had no clue as to who they were or why they were calling me. They did not have my account number or any other information about me. What information they did have could have been found in the public records of the lawsuit that I filed against the creditor.
Telemarketers or companies that you do not have a prior history with can not call your number more than once if it is on the Do Not Call List and you inform them that they are violating the law by calling you.
If they continue to call after you inform them report them and the calls will stop.

Monty

Expert Expediter
I have never received an unsolicited phone to my cell phone, re: telemarketing. Thanks verizon.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I used to get an automated calls about sport betting. I'd get them about once a week, for about 6 months. Those were the only calls like that I've ever gotten. But I haven't had any more of those for about a year and a half. I have a suspicion that it was because of a particular sports app I downloaded from the Marketplace, an app that delivered scores and stuff. I deleted the app and no more calls. The app has since been removed from the Marketplace.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The credit-card scammers that I keep getting calls from don't play by the rules at all. They don't stop calling just because you ask them to, they don't give a hoot about the do-not-call list, they call from numbers that, if you call back, are not in service and they seem to change phone numbers frequently. They do seem to target cell phones, I never got these calls on the land-line. They're a royal nuisance. They're the only ones I've experienced this kind of trouble with, though.

stonewolf

Seasoned Expediter
i dont know hot this is new i have been getting telemarketer calls on my cell for years i just conect to the human opperator after the 3rd call and fource a removal something along asking for a date or start reciteing scriptures at them usually works

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
If you tell them to cease and desist, by law they have to stop calling.

It is very... very... very... rare that they stop. Since they are already spoofing their caller id and English is not their first language it's likely they are not even state side.

My wife got 4-6 calls a day, asking for her pushing a car loan (scam). different number every time, they never used the same number twice. I would sometimes answer and try to get a return number for her to call (so we had a real number to turn them in with) but they would just disconnect.

This went on for MONTHS. The provider said they could not do much about it since the number was a moving target. One night I was in a rare mood and answered the call.. I told them I had just lost my wife, and really did not have time to talk and hung up.

They called an hour later and asked if I found her yet.

realizing I was dealing with brainiacs I informed them that she had died.. (she is still very much alive)

they still call to this day.